News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

An oversized house cat.

Thialfi

Quote from: SRF on January 25, 2022, 10:03:20 AM
I have no words. This is simply breathtaking.

The level of detail here is something else. I thought I didn't need another tyrannosaurus rex anymore, but this will be hard to resist.

Lynx

I think it's safe to say this will truly be the dinosaur toy company comeback of the year if REBOR follows through with this. This quality.. wow. This might be the most detailed accurate rex on the market. Even better than PNSO.
I can't wait to see what the other colors will be! REBOR always releases multiple color schemes for their dinosaurs.
An oversized house cat.

SidB

Is there any indication that it comes with a base? Might be worth while acquiring a separate base for display purposes, as this figure sure seems display-worthy.

paleochris

well here it is! rebor, which is a company that has often been criticized (rightly sometimes) shows us the extent of its talent and its ability to make us dinosaurs scientifically accurate, beautiful, detailed and with high quality of paint job, paint work of rebor is superior to that of PNSO)

This T rex is fantastic, the best in the category PVC figure is a must have
And moreover, I think that it does not suffer too much from the clown foot syndrome (which was also a sick rebor)

JohannesB

Definitely an upgrade (compared to their somewhat ungainly Killer Queens). Rebor are getting there. I really hope they will start making some more 'scientifically correct' figures that still have this typically Rebor 'vibe' 8) I will probably buy it if it is $50 to $55

Lynx

What price do you all think this will be at? I'd think 50-70 dollars for this quality.
I'd happily pay 75+ for this though.

Fingers crossed they continue down this accuracy path...
An oversized house cat.

Bread

Figure looks great, definitely smart for Rebor to somewhat have a few elements in the coloration of Blue Rhino's Tyrannosaurus, Sue to be exact, but with a slight change with the head colors. All looks great and I'll probably buy the lipped version. I think we can all agree we wanted a mini replica/figure of the Blue Rhino Tyrannosaurus model.
Quote from: SidB on January 25, 2022, 01:10:51 PM
Is there any indication that it comes with a base? Might be worth while acquiring a separate base for display purposes, as this figure sure seems display-worthy.
Hopefully rebor include a plastic clear rod just like PNSO. It would be smart to and honestly I would praise Rebor even more if they did.
Quote from: Lynx on January 25, 2022, 01:30:53 PM
What price do you all think this will be at? I'd think 50-70 dollars for this quality.
I'd happily pay 75+ for this though.

Fingers crossed they continue down this accuracy path...

Probably more like $65+
Similar in price to their Retrosaurs.

SRF

Quote from: paleochris on January 25, 2022, 01:22:20 PM
well here it is! rebor, which is a company that has often been criticized (rightly sometimes) shows us the extent of its talent and its ability to make us dinosaurs scientifically accurate, beautiful, detailed and with high quality of paint job, paint work of rebor is superior to that of PNSO)

This T rex is fantastic, the best in the category PVC figure is a must have
And moreover, I think that it does not suffer too much from the clown foot syndrome (which was also a sick rebor)

Well to decide which figure has the superior paintjob, we'll just have to wait and see. Prototypes are always superior to production models in that regard.

However this figure is very promising and I'm looking forward to its release.

About its price, if this one costs as much as their retrosaurs, I could well live with that. European resellers tend to sell Rebor for much less than PNSO figures for instance. Meaning this Rex would cost 15 to 20 Euro less than Wilson at the same European store.
But today, I'm just being father

paleochris

yes, let's wait and see, but just the choice of colors, the different shades and their location on the body, I already find that it is more worked than on PNSO models in general.
And until now, I haven't seen as much difference between the photo prototype and the figure in hand at Rebor than at PNSO

LBDINO

I would like to hear some of your thoughts on this t rex ive read a few already, but how scientifically accurate is this t rex. How would you compare it to the pnso wilson which was considered the too t rex by lost on the market

Bread

Quote from: LBDINO on January 25, 2022, 02:52:02 PM
I would like to hear some of your thoughts on this t rex ive read a few already, but how scientifically accurate is this t rex. How would you compare it to the pnso wilson which was considered the too t rex by lost on the market
I believe someone mentioned this early on with the reveal of this figure that the scales are oversized, but based on what I see with the color scheme applied it is really hard to tell. Wilson for sure has inaccurate large scales compared to Rebor's. Another issue for Wilson was the overall mouth of the figure. Teeth were way too long, and this is where I find Rebor's to be vastly superior/smart way to go by providing both lipped and non-lipped versions. Since lips are still debatable I think Rebor really nailed this.

SRF

If you ask me, Wilson has two flaws:

- The size of the scales, which actually seem to be more refined on this Rebor Rex;
- The fact that tooth slippage wasn't accounted for, so some of the teeth are quite long.

To me both are minor flaws however, but this Rebor Rex is better in these departments and it has a much more striking color scheme which I feel is plausible for the actual animal.

Wilsons proportions are fine, as are the proportions on this Rex from Rebor. If you prefer lips on your theropods, this Rex is better than anything PNSO has offered in the past two years. However, Rebor also offers this Rex in a version without lips. I am not really favoring one of the two camps, but a lipped T. Rex is a very nice addition to my collection which I've waited long enough for. :)

But today, I'm just being father

LBDINO

Quote from: Bread on January 25, 2022, 03:02:09 PM
I believe someone mentioned this early on with the reveal of this figure that the scales are oversized, but based on what I see with the color scheme applied it is really hard to tell. Wilson for sure has inaccurate large scales compared to Rebor's. Another issue for Wilson was the overall mouth of the figure. Teeth were way too long, and this is where I find Rebor's to be vastly superior/smart way to go by providing both lipped and non-lipped versions. Since lips are still debatable I think Rebor really nailed this.

Great points the scales on wilson have always bothered me this one does it better even though its not perfect. The theeth on wilson have always been distracting to me to big and the paint job on them was ok

Flaffy

Colour scheme seems to be based on Blue Rhino Studio's Stan.

LBDINO

Quote from: SRF on January 25, 2022, 03:11:18 PM

If you ask me, Wilson has two flaws:

- The size of the scales, which actually seem to be more refined on this Rebor Rex;
- The fact that tooth slippage wasn't accounted for, so some of the teeth are quite long.

To me both are minor flaws however, but this Rebor Rex is better in these departments ands has a much more striking color scheme which I feel is plausible for the actual animal.

Wilsons proportions are fine, as are the proportions on this Rex from Rebor. If you prefer lips on your theropods, this Rex is better than anything PNSO has offered in the past two years. However, Rebor also offers this Rex in a version without lips. I am not really favoring one of the two camps, but a lipped T. Rex is a very nice addition to my collection which I've waited long enough for. :)

Yea Ive always avoided getting two of the same figures, but i think i will be getting both versions. This red paint job is quite nice reminds me of the t rex from the jp books. It would be cool if they did a wwd paint scheme aswell

Faelrin

I'm not really a fan of this coloration. Really hope there's more variants coming.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Looks like they did one version inspired  by one of Blue Rhino studios statues. Gives me renewed hope for a Sue variant!

Flaffy

I feel like collectors can comfortably display both 2021 Wilson and Rebor's new rex together; as the former depicts a "gracile morph", while the latter depicts a "robust morph" of the genus.

Lynx

Quote from: Faelrin on January 25, 2022, 03:26:23 PM
I'm not really a fan of this coloration. Really hope there's more variants coming.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin besides early releases, REBOR has always released another variant. Most of the time three, so if you dislike the colors there will be plenty more options.
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: