News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I'm pretty convinced now that it's meant to be Nanuqsaurus. I refuse to believe that anyone at Mattel is so incompetent as to try and pass that toy off as Rugops or any other abelisaur.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

My official guess is Yutyrannus given the feathers and nasal ridge. I hope I'm wrong though...

Halzk

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on March 20, 2022, 01:32:40 PM
Quote from: SBell on March 20, 2022, 12:55:24 AM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on March 18, 2022, 11:08:26 PM
Quote from: suspsy on March 18, 2022, 01:46:21 AM

I'm still dying to know just what this theropod is supposed to be.
Strange Creature

Maybe Rugops?
Didnt they already make a Rugops

Isn't supposed to be Lythronax?

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shane

Quote from: Carnoking on March 20, 2022, 06:34:52 PM
My official guess is Yutyrannus given the feathers and nasal ridge. I hope I'm wrong though...

The two fingered hands would seem to indicate something more derived than Yutyrannus.

I would throw my support behind Nanuqsaurus since people like to put feathers on that one due to it being a "cold weather" dinosaur.

Lythronax is also possible, though it doesn't look much like the Lythronax design from the various JW video games.

suspsy

Lythronax is around the same size as Ceratosaurus and Majungasaurus, so it would stand to reason that Mattel would make a toy of it in the same size category.

Carnoking

Quote from: Shane on March 21, 2022, 04:38:06 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on March 20, 2022, 06:34:52 PM

The two fingered hands would seem to indicate something more derived than Yutyrannus.

I would throw my support behind Nanuqsaurus since people like to put feathers on that one due to it being a "cold weather" dinosaur.

Lythronax is also possible, though it doesn't look much like the Lythronax design from the various JW video games.

You're right about the two digits, that slipped my mind. The plot thickens!

As far as Lythronax goes, wasn't there a leak a while back where both the Lythronax and Iguanodon were listed under the same price point? I don't remember how long it's been, so I suppose those old figures could have been canceled for the line in question and are now being completely revamped for Dominion.

MLMjp

It would seem some toys have already been released somewhere in Mexico

And look at the size of the Allosaurus!

I need to get my hands on it after this.

Cretaceous Crab

Do we have an official release date in the US?

I would assume some time in April.

Camzilla94

Really disappointed in the Lego Therizinosaurus

Reuben03

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on March 22, 2022, 02:06:25 PM
Do we have an official release date in the US?

I would assume some time in April.

Street date is April 17th.   

Flaffy

Quote from: MLMjp on March 22, 2022, 12:08:32 PM

Really digging the large sized Allosaurus. Hopefully the stability issues has been fixed on the large one? Since it looks like they're just upscaling the original sculpt.
Wish they did a version without the Battle Damage though.

Flaffy

Surprised these hasn't been shared here yet, new Extreme Damage figures:

Mini figure playsets:

Flaffy

The new sculpts for Dimetrodon and Coelurus are 100% improvements over their predecessors imo (Coelurus still looks nothing like the real thing). The Dimetrodon especially with that 90s reconstruction charm.

The Lystrosaurus is very exciting for me. Would work well in many other in-scale displays considering it's small size. Still behind on the Siats, Irritator and Tarbosaurus minis though.

Faelrin

I only wish the new Dimetrodon had the iconic notch in its jaw, but otherwise the head sculpt isn't too far off. Also so glad the number of digits have been fixed. My friend in Germany also got his hands on all those new ED figures (minus the Allosaurus), and most of the other new mainline figures as well (the Therizinosaurus, the 2 human sets, and the Roar Strikers). So I'm really excited to get my hands on these next month.

The Allosaurus looks good, but wish they updated the head sculpt to be more in line with the final film version, versus the same old sculpt they've used since 2019. Hopefully if they do a Hammond Collection one, it would be corrected by then.

I'm also looking forward to those minis. Still hope the two packs that leaked earlier come out, but these sets are still nice. All the new film species, and the Gallimimus are must haves for me. I wish the Carnotaurus had the coloration of the film one though (the Kenner Demon looking one with the broken horn).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

The Dimetrodon is a huge improvement over the last one, I'm glad I never got the original figure.

ItsTwentyBelow

Ah, good to see what those mini figure boxes are really all about. You get a tiny scale human as well, not as exciting.

I'm glad the Dimetrodon was updated. Mattel's original sculpt was unimpressive.

Reuben03

Quote from: Flaffy on March 22, 2022, 03:59:13 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on March 22, 2022, 12:08:32 PM

Really digging the large sized Allosaurus. Hopefully the stability issues has been fixed on the large one? Since it looks like they're just upscaling the original sculpt.
Wish they did a version without the Battle Damage though.

will never get over the disproportionately stupid tail and ugly legs.
its literally just a bad version of the jurassic park one that david silva sculpted.
dont know why they cant just do normal proportions.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

suspsy

Normal proportions on a Mattel JW toy? You might as well be asking for a dog that speaks Mandarin.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: