News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Pixelboy on May 22, 2012, 08:25:26 PM
I'm with Simon on this one. The latest CollectA stuff has been miles ahead of their previous efforts (though they inexplicably still got their Triceratops' hands wrong). For some reason, the theropods - with the exception of that lovely Theri - remain pretty hideous. I feel no more inclined to buy their new Mapusaurus than I am to buy the old Eustreptospondylus. Here's hoping the upcoming Deinocheirus turns out as good as its promo photos :)

Totally agree, although, CollectA did a relatively fine job on their Neovenator, IMO. I'm also hoping for a supremely delightful Deinocheirus representation!- it is, after all, their most anticipated figure of 2012  :) It's also possible that the Deinocheirus will turn out to be as good as the promo photos considering how well the Theri came out (Theri's colors are actually even more enhanced, and intricate than their original promo pics!)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Simon on May 22, 2012, 05:35:02 PM
Hmph.  So they got the head wrong on both the TRex and the Mapusaurus - the lower jaw is messed up in both figures, fuzzy detail, poor quality.  A step backward for Collecta.  You know, the Mapusaurus body doesn't look too bad in your pics.  But the arms, legs and head are a different story.

They really need to work on the detail for their theropod heads - for all their big steps forward the past few years, this is still one area where they have continually fallen short.  One need only look at the WS theropods to see that it can be done right on figures of this size ...

It seems that Schleich and CollectA (and Mojo) are on the same boat when it comes to theropods! ;D

Jetoar

I have found this JP Allosaurus in ebay. it is cheapper than other allosaurus  :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jurassic-Park-Toy-The-Lost-World-allosaurus-figure-/251063969002?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a749424ea#ht_500wt_1202

but the auction will finish in 6 hours.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

meoraptor

Quote from: Jetoar on May 21, 2012, 11:40:49 PM
Hello. I bougth these figures two weeks ago and the last monday they arrived  :))

Bullyland Brachiosaurus and Paratypothorax, Disney Velociraptor and Jurassic Park Allosaurus. The Allosaurus is very hard to find because in Spain didn´t arrive. The other dinosaurs have the same situation  *orthocone*.

Is your Velociraptor really that pink, or is it just the lighting?

Jetoar

The colour of velociraptor is magenta with brown stripes but its surface is shiny  :).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

brach81

4 new arrivals alongside my old invicta
- Carnegie, Schleich and Early Learning Centre Brachs
- Collecta Jobaria

Well impressed with the Schleich figure, my favorite new figure :) Don't usually like joined molds but thought the ELC figure was nice considering its cheap price.

meoraptor

Quote from: Jetoar on May 24, 2012, 12:19:18 PM
The colour of velociraptor is magenta with brown stripes but its surface is shiny  :).

Well, that seems strange to me. Mine is blue but it looks like the stripes are the same color.

Jetoar

Quote from: meoraptor on May 25, 2012, 10:16:15 PM
Well, that seems strange to me. Mine is blue but it looks like the stripes are the same color.

That's because there are 2 models, one magenta and the blue one  ^-^.

DinoFan45

Just bought from a garage sale today a kenner 93 velociraptor. Its older than I am, and I bought it for 2 bucks.

BOO-YAH!!!!!!!!!!!
"Life will find a way."

meoraptor

Quote from: Jetoar on May 26, 2012, 01:05:54 AM
Quote from: meoraptor on May 25, 2012, 10:16:15 PM

That's because there are 2 models, one magenta and the blue one  ^-^.

I learned something today.

Bokisaurus

2012 is proving to be the year of the Sable Antelope! Question is, who is not producing one this year? Safari, CollectA, and Mojo released theirs already, and here they are. They are all good figures, but CollectA's versions wins this round >:D

CollectA pair on the left, Safari (front) and Mojo on the right.
[
Some Australian animals ;)

Schleich and Papo Yak

The very sad Mojo Brachi :-\

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 27, 2012, 06:42:03 PM
2012 is proving to be the year of the Sable Antelope! Question is, who is not producing one this year? Safari, CollectA, and Mojo released theirs already, and here they are. They are all good figures, but CollectA's versions wins this round >:D

CollectA pair on the left, Safari (front) and Mojo on the right.
[
Some Australian animals ;)

Schleich and Papo Yak

The very sad Mojo Brachi :-\

Thanks for introducing me to Mojo. Their extinct figures aren't that great, but now that I'm collecting extant figures, I think I may pick up some of theirs.

sauroid

Boki, i agree with you re the Mojo Brachi. i also have it but not proud of it. Mojo makes very good extant animals i dont know why they cant make good prehistoric ones. (well, the Sarcosuchus and the Smilodon arent that bad)

are there any info whether Mojo Fun is going to make more prehistoric animals?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

sauroid

just got this very cool chimpanzee figure that could pass for an early hominid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stemturtle

Quote from: sauroid on May 28, 2012, 07:27:07 AM
just got this very cool chimpanzee figure that could pass for an early hominid

I agree with you, sauroid, that the chimp looks like an early hominid.  This is one of my all-time favorites, a bonobo, Pan paniscus, made by Del Prado.  Sometimes Snertus sells it on eBay, although none is offered just now. I paid less than ten dollars. I have never seen this species done by another manufacturer. 

EDIT: Sauroid posted on the Animal Toy Forum that this figure is the common chimpanzee, Pan troglodytes.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on May 28, 2012, 06:31:38 AM
Boki, i agree with you re the Mojo Brachi. i also have it but not proud of it. Mojo makes very good extant animals i dont know why they cant make good prehistoric ones. (well, the Sarcosuchus and the Smilodon arent that bad)

Mojo ran a poll on facebook asking what animals should be made for 2013.

and there are some Prehistoric cretures comeing out that year as a result

SBell

Quote from: Takama on May 28, 2012, 05:38:44 PM
Quote from: sauroid on May 28, 2012, 06:31:38 AM

Mojo ran a poll on facebook asking what animals should be made for 2013.

and there are some Prehistoric cretures comeing out that year as a result

Well, they suggested that they might be on the list--the prehistoric ones included Deinotherium and Brontotherium

landrover

I would like see more Mojo prehistorics in 2013
because the paint is excellent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/1649/landrover

Horridus

Got me a new Carnegie Brachiosaurus...and it really is a Brachiosaurus! Lovely figure, review soon...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Himmapaan

Quote from: Horridus on May 28, 2012, 09:39:17 PM
Got me a new Carnegie Brachiosaurus...and it really is a Brachiosaurus! Lovely figure, review soon...
Oh, has it arrived in the UK already?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.