News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darko2300

Our Instagram conversation from this morning:

Me: "Is there going to be tie-in media with this line? You might have mentioned it before, but I'm suddenly having visions of an entire "Story in Picture" book series ALA James Gurney's Dinotopia... 😱"

David: "I'm planning a comic series to help tell the story."

Me: "That sounds about right. Man, this is great! I hope you wake up every day as jazzed about this line as I do! 😅"

Halichoeres

Water clan, you say? [ears perking up]
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CarnotaurusKing

A Water Clan raises the possibility of spinosaurids down the line. Maybe Lurdusaurus or Nemegtosaurus. Maybe even nothosaurs or Tanystropheus.

terrorchicken

so he's going to group the dragoons with the non-dino extinct animals? I hope we still get a nice size variety of dragons(like with the dinosaurs.) I probably wont be able to afford the bigger ones like that nice ice dragon but I hope we get smaller ones like maybe smaller wyverns or ampithere type dragons.

Creature

I'm super excited for mammals! Saber-toothed cats, obviously, but also Megaloceros and any extinct equids and Megatherium and wooly rhinos and entelodonts and...
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Concavenator

If water clan suggests the possibility of a Halszkaraptor then I'm happy.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Concavenator on May 15, 2022, 12:37:07 AMIf water clan suggests the possibility of a Halszkaraptor then I'm happy.
I doubt it, that seems like itd be way too small for this line
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Creature on May 15, 2022, 12:14:18 AMI'm super excited for mammals! Saber-toothed cats, obviously, but also Megaloceros and any extinct equids and Megatherium and wooly rhinos and entelodonts and...

I would be overjoyed to buy a BotM Megaloceros.

A while back, one of the tyrannosaur progress photos included an articulated horse figure in the background. Apparently, David designed a line of horse figures for some company or another years ago. It looked fantastic, so I hope he'd consider doing some extinct equids for Cyberzoic.
Check out my customs thread!

suspsy

Sadly, the most recognizably prehistoric horses were way too small for any human to ride them. And even the biggest known prehistoric horse, Equus giganteus, was only slightly bigger than today's draft horses. They'd look out of place in Cyberzoic.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

David confirmed that the list of dinosaurs in the OP is intended only for the Fire and Tech Clans. Water, Desert, and Dragon Clan members will be revealed sometime in the future.

So which dinosaurs would work well for Water and Desert?

Darko2300

I can't even fathom.  ;)

I'm still a bit overwhelmed with the number of proposed clans. Honestly, just having two warring clans that have to come together to overcome the Dragons would be more than enough. The scope of this is just... massive. I'm a little worried.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on May 16, 2022, 03:56:31 PMDavid confirmed that the list of dinosaurs in the OP is intended only for the Fire and Tech Clans. Water, Desert, and Dragon Clan members will be revealed sometime in the future.

So which dinosaurs would work well for Water and Desert?
Water could have some Spinosaurids
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Pliosaurking

The Water clan could have spinosaurs, crocodyliforms, plesiosaurs, pliosaurs, mosasaurs, icthyosaurs, some prehistoric turtles and perhaps some fish and sharks.

suspsy

Spinosaurus and Baryonyx would definitely be among the most popular choices for Water Clan, although the former would be very pricey. Pteranodon, Deinosuchus, and Liopleurodon would be sweet. So would a prehistoric shark or two. Preferably a weird-looking one like Helicoprion.

Tylosaurus, Mosasaurus, and Megalodon would probably be pushing it in terms of size and cost.

Sim

Helicoprion has been getting quite a bit of attention, I'd like Edestus to get a good toy for a change.  But would fully aquatic animals work for this series?  I can't imagine how riding them and equipping them with armour would work.  I'm hoping Baryonyx will be in the water clan, and Suchomimus too.  The desert clan could have sauropodomorphs such as Plateosaurus, Riojasaurus, Amargasaurus and Shunosaurus.

suspsy

Fully aquatic creatures could work as long as the humans are wearing diving suits or riding in encased cockpits. The armour could reform into submersibles or robotic sea creatures. Imagine a 30 foot Helicoprion with armour that converts into a giant robot crab.

Concavenator

The thing with BotM / Cyberzoic is that some of my wishes for both lines are different compared to other companies, because some of the species would be too large and expensive at 1:18 scale.

I would normally want a Suchomimus for the Water Clan, because it's one of my most requested genera, but as I said, it would be too large and expensive for me to consider it. After Suchomimus, my top pick for the Water Clan is Austroraptor.

As to the Desert Clan, I might also be interested in a Plateosaurus, depending on the size. Also, Gallimimus.

suspsy

I think Deinocheirus would be a good candidate for the Desert Clan. So would Nemegtosaurus/Opisthocoelicaudia. Small enough to not be much more than expensive than the T. rex, but big enough to be impressive.

Sim

Quote from: Sim on May 06, 2022, 07:38:46 PMThe skink in the top left looks like it would be too dull for a nodosaurid, I was thinking for Sauropelta and Edmontonia it could be the chameleon in the second row and the lizard in the bottom left respectively.

I too was thinking the iguanas are for the stegosaurs, but you missed out Stegosaurus.  I hope Stegosaurus uses the black iguana colour inspiration, Kentrosaurus the blue and Miragaia the green.

I get the feeling the striped snake is for Allosaurus and the California condor in the third row is for Achillobator.  While the blue snake could be for Ceratosaurus, as Faelrin suggested.  That just leaves the first two species of the first row and the third species of the fourth row.  But there's only one dinosaur left: Pachycephalosaurus!  My guess is the shingleback skink is for Pachycephalosaurus.  I have no idea who the other two are for.

Since David has implied the two condors are both for Achillobator, I now think the green and blue iguanas are both for one of the stegosaurs.  They're so similar that it would make sense if they were both being used for one dinosaur, like how the two condors are both being used for Achillobator.  Plus the green iguana's colour scheme is over-used for stegosaurs, so I'm not excited for a stegosaur coloured like that, but if it's the two igaunas combined it would be quite a lot more interesting!  I'm going to guess the green+blue iguanas are for Stegosaurus, the black iguana is for Kentrosaurus, the chameleon(?) in the second row is for Miragaia and the lizard third in the fourth row is for Sauropelta.  My other guesses are unchanged from the quote above.

suspsy

I'm dying to see which one gets the blue viper colour scheme.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: