News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

avatar_Duna @Duna.  For me it was the left foot.  I was not inclined to believe the explanation that it was damaged after leaving the factory, as the foot was well protected by the plastic support it came with, and thought it most likely poor quality control.  It was so bad that it needed two coins beneath the inner toe.

Quote from: Duna on May 21, 2022, 04:04:35 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on May 21, 2022, 03:39:00 PMMy Baryonyx came with a super-warped foot, despite the packaging protection, and couldn't stand at all.  Safari were rather unhelpful when I contacted them and said that any warping must have occurred after the model left the factory: they were not responsible if it got hot etc in transit to the seller.
Is it the right foot? You can see in my picture that it only touches the floor with two nails. And it's obvious that with that super hard material the jaw is imposible to have warped after factory. And not enough hot here to make that.

Fembrogon

Two new PNSO figures arrived from the last AliExpress sale today. I figured they wouldn't get much cheaper than they were; and now that PNSO's store has started charging shipping I'm glad I acted when I did!

PrimevalRaptor

Local toy stores finally got in the ferocious packs and I ended up getting the Miragaia, of course it pales compared to the Carnegie one but I just really like the color scheme, it's a nice departure from the usual greens and browns for stegosaurs. Probably one of the most evil looking stegosaur toys too, maybe this guy watched a few Godzilla movies lmao

Carnoking

The Ancestors Edmontosaurus Annectens has arrived! No doubt a gorgeous figure!

The head of the Velafrons came with it. I don't intend to do the build as you buy thing here, so perhaps this will make a decent prey accessory with a little modification.

Spoiler

Obligatory T. rex comparison

It makes Safari's look tiny!

And here it is next to CollectA's latest offering. I think it's safe to say that I prefer Ancestor's take!

And for the Jurassic collectors, there it is with the Primal Attack Edmontosaurus!
[close]

Jose S.M.

That's a beautiful Edmontosaurus! I like the colors and patterns.

Carnoking

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 24, 2022, 10:16:57 PMThat's a beautiful Edmontosaurus! I like the colors and patterns.

The colors are great! I believe they're meant to be a nod towards WWD's Anatotian design.

Fembrogon

The Edmontosaurus looks amazing! My congratulations to you avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking and everyone else who was able to acquire one.

Here's my special item for today: Banjo has arrived!

He had a little warping out of the package (probably needed sturdier protection), but so far a little hot water has fixed everything beautifully.

Concavenator

That Edmontosaurus is fantastic, congrats avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking . I also wish it was added to dinotoycollector.com , so people who have it can add it to their collections and people who want it to their wishlist.

I also prefer it to CollectA's version (even if it's a different species, I'm 1/genus guy anyways) which until now was my go-to when it came to this genus.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon enjoy it! Great to see folks getting this figure again and supporting this company.

EmperorDinobot

I love seeing y'all's new finds every time I come here.

I gave gotten a fair amount since I last posted here, but I never did manage to record them.

Roselaar

Two wonderful new additions to the collection:

Fembrogon

Ooh, that book looks nice. I've had it sitting in my Amazon wishlist for a while; do tell how it comes out!

Tylosaurus

Oke here I come from a distant grave and yes I bought four new Dinus ... long story short my best RL friend called them Dinus and now my entire community calls them this so don't take it too seriously  xD ;D

Anyways major thanks to my friend Mike Walley and his awesome staff for helping me out with the following batch!

Collecta Deluxe Acrocanthosaurus --> Acro doe! ;D

PNSO Gamba the Carcharodontosaurus Dinosaur Model

Eofauna Giganotosaurus    

PNSO Qichuan the Tuojiangosaurus

What I'll do is make a review of every Dinu I bought there, as I have done with my Boeing 747 reviews at DA.C I will try to make high res and detailed photo's, but since it's been so long I posted here, I kind of forgot where to make topics for these.
But yea it's great to be back even it's somewhat strange fr that part, even it should not be.

PrimevalRaptor

After three months in mail limbo I finally have a PNSO model myself, this absolutely INCREDIBLE Lambeosaurus, for only 20 bucks that was a steal.
I can now very much see why so many people are crazy about them (well...I could see it from the photos but having one in hand is something entirely different

My cat Lucy seems to agree, too.

Fembrogon

Audrey is a beauty, for sure. I have around a dozen PNSO figures myself, and the Lambeosaurus is one of my favorites. Congratulations avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor!

My Hammond collection Baryonyx arrived today:

I'm impressed by how flexible most of the joints are right out of the box. I do wish the tail and arms had a slightly larger range of motion, though; and it bugs me that the neck can't bend DOWN. Overall, however, it's pretty good. It feels like a promising start for the line's larger genera.

Fembrogon

Aaaaand another one, which arrived yesterday: a big Collecta haul from Dejankins!

I've been severely lagging behind in building up my collection of this brand; but with the news of Anthony Beeson's passing I felt a little more compelled to step on the gas and put in a big order like I've been meaning to. I've basically tripled the size of my Collecta... collection... with this single box!

CityRaptor

Got myself this set:

Normally I don't collect humans or vehicles, but the overall presentation of this whole set is just too nice, recreating this specific scene. I also must say that at least two things in this set are far superior to their Kenner counterparts. You know, Nedry and the jeep, despite people making a huge drama about the stripe on the latter.   
Nostalgia for the JP movie and the set being on sale probably factored in, too.

Also got myself my first Dominion Items:

Lystrosaurus: "Extinction Event? Been there, done that!"
Mini Theri and Lystro, as well as what is basically a Lego toy of a black market. The latter will be kept in bag in case it might become useful....
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Nice CollectA stock-up, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon! They're one of the top contributors to my collection.

That little JW Lystrosaurus is pretty tempting, but I might hold out for the Captivz version.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EmperorDinobot

I've been having a wee bit of fun lately, and that lonesome Pteranodon which greeted me at Michael's had to come home with me.

Mellow Stego

Well after watching Prehistoric Planet I just had to get a mononykus.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Strepsodus

Today nothing less than my holy grail arrived.

Play Visions Crassigyrinus

:)  :)

This species is so obscure and I've been hunting for so long and it finally paid off. I also ordered another Play Visions Amphibian and I will post it when it arrives.

With some 1:25-1:30 Carboniferous life. Orthacanthus from Safari and Rayonnoceras from Kaiyodo. I also have a whole host of other Carboniferous life, and this brought my genus count from that obscure era to 11.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: