News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys / Haolonggood - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 07, 2022, 10:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

I actually didn't notice the toe being off the ground. If they don't rectify that this is a hard pass.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Ah yes. The toe is a shame. I had failed to spot it too.

Shonisaurus

I honestly like the therizinosaurus prototype from GR Toys for me it is much more interesting than its tyrannosaurus rex counterpart, the stylized figure of the therizinosaurus and its detail of the feathers seems great to me, it is even superior in quality to its therizinosaurus counterpart from Papo.

Darko2300

So Haolonggood is a separate company, right? Should there be a different thread for the Tyrannosaurus Rex VS Therizinosaurus? 🤔

Renecito

I think there is no need to do that, by changing the title of the thread to Haolonggood would be enough because the Quetzalcoatlus is a a Haolonggood release too not GR Toys.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Darko2300

Quote from: Renecito on May 16, 2022, 04:22:54 AMI think there is no need to do that, by changing the title of the thread to Haolonggood would be enough because the Quetzalcoatlus is a a Haolonggood release too not GR Toys.
That makes sense. It is a bit confusing, though. I wonder what the relationship between the two companies is?

Sim

My understanding is Haolonggood makes the figures while GR Toys is the distributor.

Halichoeres

Haollonggood added to thread title
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Faras on January 19, 2022, 11:51:57 AMavatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Post by Haolonggood in Chinese forum says:

Please send pics of painted one (edit: you can submit figure pained by others with their permission) with "人人都是艺术家" DIY
活动 (translation: "everyone is an artist" DIY activity) in title to [email protected] by 31st May. Then all contenders will vote out the best three.

Rewards:
First place - a GRtoys 2020 limited edition 1:20 T. rex statue (prolly resin),
Second and third places - 1:35 GRtoys Dicraeosaurus (with base), Carcharodontosaurus (blue version).

PS: We are giving out Dicraeosaurus bases to first 50 folks who forward this post to WeChat friends circle and get 39 likes (please mail screenies to [email protected]).
avatar_Faras @Faras I am based in the United States and I used Gmail/Google to mail them my friends repaint.(which is in a post image link, also unsure about that) Will they be able to receive it then? Or do I have to use another method.

Faras

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 25, 2022, 03:01:00 AMavatar_Faras @Faras I am based in the United States and I used Gmail/Google to mail them my friends repaint.(which is in a post image link, also unsure about that) Will they be able to receive it then? Or do I have to use another method.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Yup I can receive Gmail and view pics on post image without VPN :)

PS: Need VPN to see pics uploaded directly to Gmail/Google or Yahoo etc.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Faras @Faras i apologize for my confusion, but from I understand you are the one taking in the results.
Quote from: Faras on May 25, 2022, 05:12:44 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 25, 2022, 03:01:00 AMavatar_Faras @Faras I am based in the United States and I used Gmail/Google to mail them my friends repaint.(which is in a post image link, also unsure about that) Will they be able to receive it then? Or do I have to use another method.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Yup I can receive Gmail and view pics on post image without VPN :)

PS: Need VPN to see pics uploaded directly to Gmail/Google or Yahoo etc.
Do you mean you see the image I sent or in general.
Sorry if this is a matter that should be discussed in PM instead of public, I am just hoping maybe the extra guidance might help other people in the same situation

Faras

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Ah sorry I'm not working for them at any rate. It's just I'm in China and I could recieve Gmail mails with @163.com (owned by same company as @126.com) and visit post image without using VPN, so I suppose Haolonggood can see your images. Sorry for the confusion :)

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Faras @Faras I understand now, thank you for your insight.

To those who participated and sent the pictures to do, can you please reiterate on how the process went(e.g did they reply back, how did you attach the image, additional rules?)

SRF

I cam across these pictures of the Haolonggood T. Rex and Therizinosaurus.

Though I'm still not interested in these figures, I do find the coloration of the T. Rexes quite impressive. The sculpt though looks like it's a love baby of the first Wilson and Winter Wilson, including the oversized scales.
But today, I'm just being father

Carnoking

Nice looking bases, and the color schemes are indeed enticing. I'm just not feeling these sculpts. I might be able to get behind the therizinosaurus depending on how it looks in hand

JohannesB

These sculpts would have been quite fitting (our expectations and wishes) 10 or more years ago, I think. I am sorry if I sound overly critical, but I really think the head of Therizinosaurus (and the abrupt border between scaly and 'furry') is very ugly. Somehow I would have expected better from GR-Toys. 

Sim

:-\ Why did they replace the purple on the blue Tyrannosaurus with orange?  That just ruined the figure for me.  They already had the orange highlight thing going on on the green Tyrannosaurus, there was no need to do the same on the blue.  Now the only one that's a maybe for me is the brown Tyrannosaurus.

Halichoeres

Thanks for posting those photos, avatar_SRF @SRF, I'll add them to the first post.

Anybody else getting "business in the front, party in the back" vibes from the Therizinosaurus?

Concavenator

You are not alone, avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB

Credit where credit is due, GR Toys always does a great job when it comes to the paint application.

On the other hand, I feel like these two (especially the Tyrannosaurus) are a clear downgrade both in accuracy and sculpting style in comparison to their Carcharodontosaurus and Dicraeosaurus. I also expected much better from them, seeing just how good their earlier releases were. Here's to hoping their Acrocanthosaurus will be really good.

I don't have a single Tyrannosaurus in my collection and when last year I heard that GR Toys was making one, I was looking forward to it, I was confident it would be the definitive T.rex figure (along with the BotM, plus we didn't know Eofauna was going to make one) but after seeing it, I will wait for Eofauna's. 2020 Wilson is much better than this one in my book as well.

Bread

*Sighs*

Definitely a downgrade with that Tyrannosaurus. Their Carcharodontosaurus is so beautiful and perfect. I was expecting the definitive Tyrannosaurus from them. Oh well... bring on Rebor's!!!!

Other than that, I don't mind their Therizinosaurus. I'll definitely wait for in-hand images for these, but I don't recall we have a definitive version for this genus anyways. I'll take what we can get but I for sure need more images.

Also, beautiful bases! Definitely a reason I would purchase the Therizinosaurus or even the Tyrannosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: