News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strepsodus

Quote from: Bread on May 13, 2022, 06:01:41 PM
Quote from: Psittacoraptor on May 13, 2022, 05:37:09 PMSafari's Altbertosaurus looks like play doh that was painted with crayons
Yet, your comment on the Albertosaurus is harsher than any of the comments people have made on the Acrocanthosaurus.

Gwangi

To those pointing out the Sinraptor's similarity to Indominus and the V-raptors from King Kong. I agree! The same thought occurred to me. It also reminds me of the Sinraptor from Dinosaur Revolution/Dinotasia.

SenSx

I really like that figure but I don't really feel the need to have that specie in my collection.

Now I'm excited to see what's next PNSO has under its sleeve.
Hoping for some long overdues: Herrerasaurus, Gigantoraptor, Gallimimus...

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I like the PNSO Sinraptor more than the Vitae, which has a horrible lumpy texture I'm not fond of, its the only Plastic Vitae figure besides the Giganotosaurus that I didn't like. Would be happy to replace it with this.

I would prefer Gallimimus, Herrerasaurus and of course Gigantoraptor though. And a Lufengosaurus. PNSO is getting a little samey.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Carnoking

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 26, 2022, 12:13:52 AMI like the PNSO Sinraptor more than the Vitae, which has a horrible lumpy texture I'm not fond of

Agree. Not to mention the mush colors.

Concavenator

I know, the Sinraptor is not out yet, but the tail appears to be too short again. Even if the tail on the final figure is a tad longer, it's hard to believe it will have a tail length that's  accurate.

I don't understand why this short tail issue is a thing with their theropods now... it has never been up until now.  ???

Anyways, I'm interested in seeing what will happen from now on. There are no more releases on the sight but I doubt they will stop right here, there are a lot of genera that's been featured on their art that will probably be made into figures at some point.

P.S. The Sinraptor also gives me Jurassic Park / World vibes, which I don't like.

Shadowknight1

Honestly, as much as I love what I've seen of the Acrocanthosaurus, that's how much I'm not really liking that Sinraptor.  And not really liking that it's up on Amazon before the Acro despite the Acro being revealed first.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Maritimer

Since I've already got the Yangchuanosaurus, the Tarbosaurus, and the Allosaurus, along with Giganotosaurus and plenty of tyrannosaurids, I was kinda hoping I wouldn't want or need the Sinraptor. One outta two isn't bad, is it??

I don't _need_ it, with its "Indoraptor" maw (I think that alternating large and small teeth - and of course, lack of lips - may have something to do with that vibe?), but this certainly is a beefy, gnarly chunk of theropod, and looks ... pretty awesome.

It may yet find its way here, where it'll join Acrocanthosaurus, who's already on the move from China.

~B.

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on May 26, 2022, 01:30:22 AM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 26, 2022, 12:13:52 AMI like the PNSO Sinraptor more than the Vitae, which has a horrible lumpy texture I'm not fond of

Agree. Not to mention the mush colors.
Pretty sure that I'll consign my Vitae Sinraptor to storage once this PNSO one becomes available for my dioramas.

Faras

Sinraptop hepingensis does have short-ish tail, and tail length in "side view" pics is severely distorted as camera is parallel to the head which is turned to the left while the tail is also pointing to the left:

That said, I do agree the tail misses some bulk and I'm not a fan of Indominus Rex vibe. Though guess I'd grab it anyways...

Leyster

Some clarifications on this Sinraptor:

1) it's cleary S.hepingensis, while the Vitae is S.dongi.
2) they used the badly deformed skull, hence the Skull Island appearance

It's akin to restoring Sue using this:

When "undeformed" it should look more like this:

PS: sincerely I don't understand the hate for the Vitae model, it's an amazing rendition (if you have issues with the coulour, buy the Deluxe version, it still cost less than a medium sized PNSO) of this animal.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Carnoking

I don't know what the deluxe version changes in the paint scheme beyond the addition of some blue stripes?

Leyster

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking there's a lot more: on the tail and the legs, the blue stirpes are replaced by grey/greenish stirpes, the side has a pinkish hue, the underside is white and the claws are grey. Plus the inside of the mouth is blended and not just pink. Believe me, next to the regular version is like night and day. I tried to capture the intricate colour here, don't know if I succeded.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Carnoking

Ah yes, I do see what you mean now. I suppose that is an improvement at least, and the inclusion of a base is nice, but I think I still prefer PNSO's detail work at the end of the day. There's something about Vitae's that looks mummified to me, especially when compared to the subtle textures of their other smaller figures.

Leyster

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking fair enough. To me the fact that it's based on a distorted skull is very distracting (I'll probably end up getting it anyway since it's one of my favorite dinosaurs).

There's the bonus, for unique species collectors, that they represent two different species.

Medzo

Quote from: Leyster on May 26, 2022, 11:45:23 AMavatar_Carnoking @Carnoking fair enough. To me the fact that it's based on a distorted skull is very distracting (I'll probably end up getting it anyway since it's one of my favorite dinosaurs).

There's the bonus, for unique species collectors, that they represent two different species.

I'm not well educated in the matter but on what basis that skull got the deformed label? I'm not saying it is not, but that Sue comparison is a very visibly warped one. Also we have many other T-rex skulls to compare to. Are the marks on the skulls implying deformity or we have other, more intact skulls available as well?

Leyster

avatar_Medzo @Medzo the compression was mentioned right in its description (Gao, 1992).
Here you can see how Dan Folkes undistorted it.

SidB

Thanks for the clarification L @Leyster , that the PNSO Sinraptor is a different species than the Vitae one. erhaps the latter won't have to go into "storage" after all. I actually like the Vitae model, so it's on display, but I didn't acquire the deluxe model, so I've had to settle for the more pedestrian look of the regular one. BTW, are you saying that PNSO didn't make an adequate restoration in their interpretation of the deformed skull, and to what degree?

Leyster

S @SidB The skull looks like they referenced the deformed one without cosidering its compression. I posted above how it should probably look like when the distorsion is corrected: it's up to you to decide if the PNSO rendition is adequate for your tastes or not.

Concavenator

Wasn't expecting to see more rumours so soon, but Paleofiguras have said PNSO might be releasing an ichthyosaur and a plesiosaur (no concrete names) for their Marine Museum line and also a Lingwulong.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: