You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

BrontoScorpio

A new Resin Garage Kit I just received earlier this week :

Those formidable jaws and rugged skin look amazing.
This Kit must be at least 25 y/o - probably done by one of the smaller independent makers that used to sell their works during exhibitions or fairs :
( I think I saw it somewhere - but I can not recollect where exactly )

Freshly done today  - It looks to me some kind of Permian Inostrancevia ( イノストランケビア ) with it's sabre like fangs :

I like how fluent the rugged skin looks like as the animal caught frozen in middle of striding :

For scale purpose - next to the well known PVC Safari Inostrancevia :

The pose kind of reminds me Tony McVey's "Menagerie Sea Beast" :

paintingdinos

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 22, 2022, 04:04:26 PM
Thanks.
If I remember correctly I got the Trims Japan Pirarucu ( Arapaima ) on YAJ.

Thanks! I envy your ability to find these awesome kits. So many of the models in your collection are real hidden gems.

BrontoScorpio

An assorted parcel from Japan :

Most are things I have allready gotten before.

Interesting are the two new version of Sega Dinosaur King mini Prize boxes - I have yet seen a stegosaurus in this line :

And some more to join my collection of chocolate dino boxes -
- The one on the left is from the famous 2009 dino expo -the one with the CAPCOM  figures :

- Also  got to complete the set of 'Discover Dinosaurs' chocolate boxes :

Here from the other side :

BrontoScorpio

As for the small medal/coin in the middle :

Ibaraki Nature Museum ( 茨城県自然博物館  ) Memorial Medal Dinosaur ( 記念 メダル 恐竜 ) at Chahei Kogyo ( 茶平工業 ) store.
This Commemorative medal is limited to Ibaraki prefecture ( 茨城県 ) and is a museum original found at vending machines.
There are other medals: Calcarodon / Megalodon, Saber Tiger, a mushroom ( タマゴタケ ) and more.

Duna

Congrats on that haul! Very cool boxes. The package art is awesome.

BrontoScorpio

And another one :

Many different things, unrelated - All from Japan :

As you might have noticed - I developed interest in collectibles other that just figures or models.
Here's an example - At the bottom :

Post Office 'Fumi Card' ( 郵便局 ふみカード  ) from  Dinosaur Expo (  恐竜エキスポ  ) at the Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum ( 福井県立恐竜博物館  ) :

Just above it, on the right :

Hokuriku region ( 北陸地方 ) the 'JR Fukui Station and dinosaurs' ( JR福井駅と恐竜 ) Limited Capsule Figure Collection ( 限定カプセルフィギュアコレクション ) :

And once assembling :

It is just one of a set of 5 capsules issued for the 5th 5th Anniversary of the station.

As you can see in the links above - it is quite impressive :

They clearly like dinosaurs there :

Just above it - a set of Dinosaur erasers ( 恐竜 消しゴム ) :

Two sets - one green one black, that were sold in the early 90's in a plastic egg-shaped packages :

My complete Dino Erasers :

I think my Eraser collection is all but done for now ...

Although I allready have it - I could not resist a complete MIB set of :
'Retro Classic Dinosaur Bottle cap series 1 ( レトロ・クラシック ダイノソア 恐竜 恐龍 ダイノソア ボトルキャップ  シリーズ1  ) :

Next further left - A Kaiyodo Aqualand Manta Ray by Shinobu Matsumura :

And further more to the left :
The Future Is Wild ( フューチャー イズ ワイルド  )  Figure Collection ( コレクションフィギュア ) by 'E-Revolution' ( イー・レヴォリューション )

The set consists of 7 types (6 types of normal + 1 type of secret)]
01 Ganet Whale 
02 Mega Squid 
03 Traton 
04 Ocean Fly Fish
05 Karakiller 
06 Terra Bites 
07 [Secret] Poggle / Bogle   

And with the individual pedestals :

Next, further to the left - at the bottom left most corner - are 3 special coins :

1. A Gold monochrome version for the National Museum of Nature and Science ( 国立科学博物館 ) Tyrannosaurus coin ( ティラノサウルス コイン  ).

I allready had the 2020 red version the - Here are the two versions :

2. UNESCO Village ( ユネスコ村 ) Seibu Stadium ( 西武球場  ) 1995 Large Dinosaur Exploration-Center/ Expedition-Hall ( 大恐竜探索館 ) Stamp (?) Coin ( スタンプコイン ) :

3. Great Dinosaur Exhibition ( 大恐竜展 ) : The Wonders of the Gobi Desert ( ゴビ砂漠の驚異 ) - Tarbosaurus ( タルボサウルス  ) Commemorative medal ( 記念メダル コイン 貨幣 ) :

This medal is part of a series of at least 3 different dino exhibitions of aimed at the Gobi desert and the Tarbosaurus held at several locations from durring 2013 and 2014.
The other expo was called 'Great Dinosaur Exhibition: The menace of the Gobi Desert' ( ゴビ砂漠の脅威 ) ( Tarbosaurus  ) -

As you can see from the various Catalogs, products and souveniers from those dino expos it also consists the 300 limitted Favorite Desktop Tarbosaurus model
( at the bottom right corner )

Which I later put at the Special Editions Museum & Expo Exclusives Desktop models by Favorite Shelf :

--------------------------------

Last to mension is also, you can immagine, my favorite - as it is an old Garage kit :

A Resin Quetzalcoatlus Kit - which I will assemble much later ....

BrontoScorpio

Over the years I saw here and there glimpses of the 'Play Visions - Prehistoric Amphibians'.
Although they are not  seem much impressive - they have a certain charm when brought together as an additional 'Encyclopedian' value of obscure species.
Of course they have their own unique asthetic charm of the 'Play Visions' company - sort of a solid but flowing construction painted with the distinctive vivid colors of the 'Play Visions' items.

I did not chase any of them over the years - not sure of how they fit on my shelves - but, suddenly, few weeks ago, came a seller with a ridiculous number of these tiny creatures.
Right at the start I had the filling the seller has a great number of them - so I waited out for the first rush to be over - and had me a cheap offer for the whole set :

For the names, most of them I have never hears - check out this explanatory pic  from the 'toyanimal.info/wiki' :

Most famous is of course the Diplocaulus, Here with my other miniatures ( Kaiyodo Dinotales/Chocolasaurus 1,1b , Tedco/COG Ltd. and Starlux )  :

Second is the Eryops - Here with the 2 color versions from Kaiyodo Dinotales/CC Saurus 5 :

Altogether, my collection of miniature Prehistoric Amphibians :

Starlux Prehistoire (4) , Play Visions (8 )  , COG Ltd (2) , Kaiyodo - Dinotales (5) , Kaiyodo - Great Evolution leaps (1) , Yujin - Miracle planet (2) , Linde ( a Reptile... ) :

BrontoScorpio

Got the lovely 4 meal giveaway BBC 'Walking with dinosaurs' WWD miniature set by Quick - a French chain of fast food restaurant :

The alignment of items are : Rhamphorhynchus, Diplodocus, T-rex and  Liopleurodon  :

Each box hold a fossil replica and an explanation map :

And on the back - a two sides data card :

The individual animals looks like a baby version of the adult animals ( last I saw there's some still available on 'Duna's sales and trades' thread )

As seen compared to the well known Toyway BBC/WWD dinosaurs :

And on the subject, here's my Toyway dinosaur collection ( BBC Walking with Dinosaurs and NHM Natural History Museum Shop Exclusives  ) :

And a more recent picture of the entire shelf - with rearrangement of the three bipedal carnivores.
Also gave them some better display stands Than those plain disposable cups ...
( Top Transparent shelf are mini CollectA's of course )

The Toyway line is one of my absolute favorits - as well as the whole WWD/BBC items.

For that reason, I felt that as a keen collector - I must have, for each item, both the loose figure on display and the MIB item in the warehouse.
not to mention those carded packages have their unique artistic value.
Realy tried hard to catch the best angle not to be dazzled from the glitter of those plastic covers :

Duna

WOW, that's probably the best and most complete WWD collection I've ever seen ...  :o I don't recall ever seeing a boxed ankylosaurus ... The boxes themselves are a piece of art, true.
By the way I'm very happy to see that my WWD Quick set ended in good collector hands, nobody seemed interested here in the forum and I didn't sell it directly to you, did I? They are imposible to get (they are 22 years old and the last figure was only released for one week). There are probably about only 5 complete sets in the world (including yours) from what I've searched in collector sites and French webs. I spent about a year to complete that second set, buying spare figures and boxes as I did with mine last year. But that collection was worth every effort, they are incredibly detailed and possibly the rarest merchandise of WWD.

Congrats also for those superb Play Vision amphibians. :)

Crackington

That's a great haul of the Playvisions amphibians Bronto, particularly as you weren't really looking for them! Good to see them altogether too.

I'm still on the look out for five of the group, I managed to get hold of the Triadobachtracus, Eryops and the Peltabachtracus a while ago from Roselaar.

Libraraptor

avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio Very cool new acquisitions! I enjoy those WWD packages very much. Probably worth a monthly wage. :o

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 22, 2022, 07:16:50 AM... Probably worth a monthly wage. :o
Thanks. LOL ... Not more than 2 figures each.
3 figures I save for Japanese Resins only.

BrontoScorpio

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Duna on June 21, 2022, 03:26:22 PMWOW, that's probably the best and most complete WWD collection I've ever seen ...  :o I don't recall ever seeing a boxed ankylosaurus ... 
I don't think the Ankylosaurus is the rarest nor the most expensive.
If I can recall, the 3 most chalanging to get or buy where , in this order :
1. Liopleurodon
2. Opthalmosaurus
3. Utahraptor and Leaellynasaura

Quote from: Duna on June 21, 2022, 03:26:22 PM...By the way I'm very happy to see that my WWD Quick set ended in good collector hands, nobody seemed interested here in the forum
That puzzled me also. I expected more interest.

Quote from: Duna on June 21, 2022, 03:26:22 PM... and I didn't sell it directly to you, did I?
I think you did.

Quote from: Duna on June 21, 2022, 03:26:22 PMThere are probably about only 6 complete sets in the world (including yours) from what I've searched in collector sites and French webs.
That seems a bit extreme - But what do I know ...

Quote from: Duna on June 21, 2022, 03:26:22 PMI spent about a year to complete that second set, buying spare figures and boxes as I did with mine last year. But that collection was worth every effort, they are incredibly detailed and possibly the rarest merchandise of WWD.
I guess I had beginners' luck .
I too have some sets I spent years and fortune to complete - and then comes one and sells a complete set for peanuts ...
That could be very annoying.

Duna

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 23, 2022, 09:22:20 AMThat seems a bit extreme - But what do I know ...
I read about that (that there were only 4 complete in collectors' hands) from a French collector before I started looking for them, about 3 years ago, so that would make 6 in total with yours and mine because those 2 sets were completed piece by piece and bought in several toy lots from many different sellers.

I'm happy that you got them at good price because sometimes good collectors deserve luck. An there is not better place than with someone that appreciates WWD as much as I do.
But I quite envy your boxed sets, they look amazing.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Duna on June 23, 2022, 03:22:38 PMI'm happy that you got them at good price because sometimes good collectors deserve luck.
Even too good.
In such cases maybe it is better to put a High 'Buy it now' price - and receive offers.

Quote from: Duna on June 23, 2022, 03:22:38 PMAnd there is not better place than with someone that appreciates WWD as much as I do.
I am still undecided on where and how to exhibit the set.
The boxes are clearly pieces of art - but maybe the animals will  better look loose on the shelf.

Quote from: Duna on June 23, 2022, 03:22:38 PMBut I quite envy your boxed sets, they look amazing.
I noticed they divide in 2 kinds :
1. for 6 items there is continuous green forest background
2. for 5 items the 'green forest background' is just at the top, and the background behind the figure is plain dark green.

I wonder if that is only the case with those I happen to have - or they are all done like that -
so, I looked arround eBay - and Surprisingly I was only able to find just one boxed item currently available on eBay : the T-rex.

Maybe they are more rare now, I even happen to have some spares :

Duna

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 23, 2022, 06:12:03 PMI wonder if that is only the case with those I happen to have - or they are all done like that -
I just checked some sold items in Worthpoint and some pictures I had saved in my computer and it seems that they were made like that, like those you have. The ones with plain green background are the same. I got my tyrannosaurus boxed too and it's plain green.

BrontoScorpio

As far as boxed Toyway BBC Walking With Dinosaurs go -
I just saw something I haven't seen before - A boxed Baby set - it is currently on eBay ( or eBay.uk - if someone has access  problem )  :

And the back side :

BrontoScorpio

The last bunch of Age of Dinosaur ( エイジオブダイナソー  ) Chocolate boxes ( チョコ  空き缶 )

Inside There is some chocolate ( Obviously ... ).

...  Let's just say they are not the Swiss or the Belgians  ...

Luckily - I was more interested with the Boxes :

My growing 'Age of Dinosaurs' empty chocolate box collection :

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: