News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludodactylus

avatar_Sim @Sim Thanks for the heads up re: Vagaceratops! I need to spend more time looking at PNSO's mini figures too I think.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

ceratopsian

I would recommend that you do avatar_Ludodactylus @Ludodactylus. The PNSO mini ceratopsians are charming little things and don't break the bank.

Quote from: Ludodactylus on July 17, 2022, 01:34:29 AMavatar_Sim @Sim Thanks for the heads up re: Vagaceratops! I need to spend more time looking at PNSO's mini figures too I think.

Sim

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 17, 2022, 01:24:53 AMTo be fair, Chasmo has the usual 3 horns, the others are more exotic.There also is one in the Feathered Dinos Toob.

At maturity Chasmosaurus belli appears to have only the nose horn.  I think Chasmosaurus is as exotic as Regaliceratops, and Nasutoceratops is less exotic than the other two due to getting more attention than them recently and its horns looking like a bull's while Chasmo and Regali look more unique.

Stegotyranno420

Got the 2009? 2013? Safari Ltd Brachiosaurus and even its not perfect scale, it's my largest sauropid and I am satisfied

Substituting for "Paluxysaurus" fighting off an Acrocanthosaurus

paintingdinos

Very nice kit from avatar_AncientEra @AncientEra came in last week.

Reminder to anyone who's still on the fence about 3D printed models: we've come a long way from mid-2000s shapeways, better tech is here and it doesn't disappoint. This print specifically looks great. Details are crisp and the sculpt work is top notch. I typically don't got for tyrannosaurs but I'm a sucker for interesting poses and models that tell a "story", and this one delivers.

Here's the thread for this particular kit:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10311.0

EmperorDinobot

Is it just me or do priority mail boxes always come torn apart?

Dusty Wren

avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos, I'm glad to see that the kit looks as good in real life as it did in the promo photos. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
Check out my customs thread!

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on July 17, 2022, 12:15:20 AMavatar_Ludodactylus @Ludodactylus, PNSO made a mini Chasmosaurus.  Also avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson shared that the Safari Vagaceratops was originally going to be called Chasmosaurus, but then the name change happened for the animal so the figure's name was changed too.  It is surprising that proper Chasmosaurus figures are lacking though.  In my opinion it's one of the most striking ceratopsids, and more interesting than Nasutoceratops and Regaliceratops which have got more attention than Chasmo in recent years.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, since this is the recent acquisitions thread I thought I'd ask here.  Are you still waiting for the BotM Diabloceratops you ordered?  I'm planning to get the BotM Chasmosaurus if it comes back into stock which I hope it will.  A co-incidence that Ludodactylus was talking about Chasmosaurus too.  The BotM one is wonderful, definitely worth getting if you like it I think!

Yup, still waiting. I just checked Creative Beast Studio and it's estimated to be in stock in September. But the Chasmosaurus is in stock right now, from Creative Beast Studio and from Dan's Dinosaurs.

Chasmosaurus is one of my favorite ceratopsids, and I also wish it received more attention. As to why it isn't that popular, I remember this quote by avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres that sums it up:

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 06, 2020, 10:36:45 PMCeratopsians are funny in that companies recycle a couple of classic taxa (Triceratops, Styracosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus) and jump on the bandwagon for newly described ones (Nasutoceratops, Diabloceratops, Regaliceratops), but largely ignore a bunch of mid-tier classics that we all recognize from the books we read as kids (Chasmosaurus, Anchiceratops, and, infamously, Centrosaurus).

And I'm glad you reconsidered the BotM Chasmosaurus avatar_Sim @Sim:) It's very good. I recall a post of yours in which you called it inaccurate because of the skin but even if those skin impressions really belonged to C.belli, while an inaccurate detail, I wouldn't say that's a deal breaker. Inaccuracies in BotM figures are more excusable compared to other compabies as pieces have to be shared, and so, in many cases, some figures can't be completely accurate to the respective taxa they represent, but rather an approximation.

Sim

Thanks avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator! :)  I'm waiting for the Chasmosaurus to be in stock at a UK seller, plus I'm also waiting for the BotM Microraptor set to be in stock at the same place.  I was told the Microraptor set is expected in September, similar to your experience with the Diabloceratops.

Roselaar

Fresh JW stuff in!:

EmperorDinobot

The toy gods have been kind to me.

It could be said that I'm back to Star Wars, and that I am now committed to PNSO mini figures. Seller finally sent my missing Glyphoderma. Gasosaurus didn't cost an arm and a leg. This should all keep me occupied while I recover from a nasty mouth surgery 2 days ago. PM me if you wanna see the disgustingly gnarly pics. I start new job next week as a bilingual quality control administrator, and soon Jurassic Park will be under control permanently. Today mum and I are gonna begin hanging all JW era pterosaurs above JP.

The book is for my sister so she can have some fun coloring stuff. We spend a lot of time together taking care of each other so while I draw, she gets to color.

Lynx

Well, y'all, I did it.
I won a bid for the Carnegie 2015 feathered velociraptor, a figure that has been my most wanted for many years. This white whale is soon to take a spot on my shelf  ;D

An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Kapitaenosavrvs

Well. Long Time no see. Nice to see, everything is still as usual here. Had my first acquisitions since Months. The outstanding CollectA Pteranodon sternbergi finally came available in Germany and i was waiting so long for that. Was completely warped, but Water did the the Trick. You know the Drill. Absolutely love the Sculpt. Need a good Place for him now.

And then, because i was already ordering, i finally ordered the Safari Deinocheirus m. I always wanted it, but hat the CollectA one already. But this one is just superior to me. Needs a swamp now^^

Have a nice Weekend everyone. Stay safe and healthy.

Stegotyranno420

Happy to see you here again avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs
Congratulations

SidB

Good to hear from you again, avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs . I see that you continue to have good taste in your acquisitions. Look forward to any new projects that you might take on.

Libraraptor

What a motley crue of new acquisitions! Congratultions, eberybody! 

JohannesB

My enthusiastic contrafibularities to everyone! I myself have been very quiet on the dinosaur toy model acquisition front, because I have been buying other things, pertaining to other interests (like RMS Titanic), but I am still eyeing a few PNSO models. I think I'd like to have the Lambeosaurus.

Lynx

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 22, 2022, 02:23:13 AMWell. Long Time no see. Nice to see, everything is still as usual here. Had my first acquisitions since Months. The outstanding CollectA Pteranodon sternbergi finally came available in Germany and i was waiting so long for that. Was completely warped, but Water did the the Trick. You know the Drill. Absolutely love the Sculpt. Need a good Place for him now.

And then, because i was already ordering, i finally ordered the Safari Deinocheirus m. I always wanted it, but hat the CollectA one already. But this one is just superior to me. Needs a swamp now^^

Have a nice Weekend everyone. Stay safe and healthy.

Beautiful figures! Considering getting the Ptera now!
An oversized house cat.

JimoAi

Added these guys in a small haul

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: