News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Quote from: SenSx on July 28, 2022, 03:28:33 PMI'm not too crazy about the brown choice as a color, but let's see.

Let's see indeed, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Stegotyranno420

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on July 28, 2022, 03:30:13 PM
Quote from: SenSx on July 28, 2022, 03:28:33 PMI'm not too crazy about the brown choice as a color, but let's see.

Let's see indeed, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

So far the only evidence of brown is just the lower legs  ;D

Concavenator

Not a big fan of the Stygimoloch, but then again, I'm not interested in getting a Stygimoloch figure to begin with, as it's likely it's just a subadult Pachycephalosaurus, and I'm a 1/genus guy. In that case, I'd rather get a Pachycephalosaurus figure instead, which I don't have.

And looking at the tease, it looks like the Cryolophosaurus is Doug's work - and as such, it will surely be very good. I understand the need for a new figure of this taxon, as the 2 really good ones were the Carnegie and the Battat, and they're both retired. That said, I'm not sure I want to replace my Carnegie Cryo... It's still a fine piece, and this taxon isn't very well known anyways. If it will be at least partially feathered and it will have lips (by itself not a super relevant aspect, but it would be a good contrast to the lipless Carnegie) then I could think about it.

In any case, and as mentioned before on the thread, I hope everything is going well for Safari. And in my case, I'm interested in the Albertosaurus and the Zuul.

Carnoking

I may be in the minority here but I actually quite like Papo's take on the animal despite its more stylized elements. That said, I'd gladly welcome another more naturalistic offering and would jump for joy if it turned out looking like something in line with Blue Rhino Studio's statue.

Pliosaurking

Hopefully I like this one more than the stygimoloch
I'm also interested to see how it compares to the old Carnegie one
I may pick it up but the Carnegie one is a fine model so we shall see

I too quite like papo's rendition, I enjoy the dynamic pose, and despite its inaccuracies it's a nice model overall

Halichoeres

Interesting texture on the shin and top of the foot. I like the Battat version but I might be persuaded to trade it in for this one depending on how it turns out.

I was sure I'd be buying a Safari Stygimoloch* as soon as it was hinted at a few weeks ago, but I might actually stick with this mysterious fella: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.msg238979#msg238979

*It might be a different species of Pachycephalosaurus, but it probably isn't a juvenile of P. wyomingensis, and anyway its appearance is distinct enough to warrant the presence of both taxa in my collection at least.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

I'm pretty content with the Carnegie and Battat Cryolophosaurus figures but I'm still keen to see this one. I also must admit that I like the Papo one too, even though I don't have it.

SpartanSquat

I would love to see the finished Cryolophosaurus! The only ones I own are Papo ones and Mattel ones. Im intrigued which looks will have this Cryolophosaurus, more tetanurae, more dilophosaur or a mix of these 2.

Faelrin

I'm so excited to see the last of the reveals is the Cryolophosaurus, one of my favorite theropods. Despite it's fragmentary nature that iconic crest it bares has fascinated me ever since I was a child. To this day it's still rather unique in its presentation.

Can't wait to see this one in full. Definitely going on to my wishlist.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PrimevalRaptor

Not too big on the Stygimoloch but the Cryolophosaurus has me excited! Always liked this genus, looking forward to see how it looks alongside the incredible Carnegie one (still one of my all-time favorite figures). Teaser silhouette looks promising. :D

Nyrorosaurus

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

That's definitely Doug's work. I like the coloration. Just wish it had its mouth closed but it's on my wishlist for sure

Carnoking

Disappointed there's no fuzz but I do love that paint job. I don't know, strong contender for my favorite of the year from Safari upon first impressions!

PrimevalRaptor

Yeah would have loved some protofeathers but that is a gorgeous Cryolophosaurus, very nice updated sculpt and I dig the colour scheme.

SidB

Wow, Safari has upped their game in the tooth-painting department, which is a welcome development, obviously. I find that this sculpt co-ordinates well, for display purposes, with their Concavenator and Dilophosaurus, for example. Another fine Doug Wilson figure,(I'm assuming).

Gwangi

Well I guess my collection will have 3 Cryolophosaurus in it. I can't say no to this one.

Renecito

Not bad but I still prefer Carnegie's.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Pliosaurking

I do quite like this figure although I still like the Carnegie one better

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: