News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread’s Newly Acquired Customs

Started by Bread, August 29, 2022, 05:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

I love that custom Yutyrannus. Really nice work! I regret not buying it when it came out. Now it is way too expensive for me.

Bread

Got a few more repaints over the past month ;D

I present to you B @Bokisaurus repainted Lambeosaurus and Struthiomimus (PNSO & CollectA)

Comparison with the beautiful custom Yutyrannus!

B @Bokisaurus did an amazing job with these! These are eye catchers on my shelf!

Now, onto the next repaint! I present to you Rebor's Kiss the Tyrannosaurus repainted to reflect Saurian's Tyrannosaurus! This beautiful repaint and removal of seamline was made by Ansley McDaniel, also know as Art by Anz!

Again, another eye catcher!

Honestly, out of all my collecting experiences, having repaints just gives me such an excitement rush followed by the feeling of uniqueness being present on my shelves!

More will be featured soon! And I must say I am excited to present the ultimate Hank >:D

Stegotyranno420

These are so awesome.
How much did they cost you(to be repainted

SidB

They are all terrific, each in its own way! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to share in the experience of their uniqueness.

Bokisaurus

😃 glad you like them! It's been fun repainting the models.😃

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on October 20, 2022, 01:47:44 AMThese are so awesome.
How much did they cost you(to be repainted
Thank you!
Before I answer price, this is based on two artists that I have used so far. dinosaur_models_artworks and artbyanz (instagram usernames given if you're interested).

The Yutyrannus cost me $80, done by dinosaur_models_artworks.
The Tyrannosaurus cost me $80, done by
artbyanz.

What I have learned about price points with these models is that it entirely varies per model and per artist criteria. Model size is a huge factor, for example, dinosaur_models_artworks has a similar in size, to the Yutyrannus, being done up for me which will cost me the same. Artbyanz has a handful of small models (about 8 I believe) that will be commissioned in the next few months, much smaller models but half of those will cost the same as the rex. So putting that into the circumstance really has variation in the cost of the repaints. Plus you have to remember modifications are apparent in these repaints too (if needed or wanted).

Edit: I did not include shipping price. Also take note that the artist may want size calculations before confirming the commission(s).

The Lambeosaurus and Struthiomimus were done by B @Bokisaurus through a trade, but they do not do commissions.

Thanks again B @Bokisaurus, and S @SidB I appreciate it taking a look at these artists' projects!

Bread

Added more photos. Tested some lighting.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Concavenator

You really have a fine taste when it comes to choosing the references! Those look beautiful.

ceratopsian

All excellent but my particular favourite is the Lambeosaurus. It really appeals to me!

Rain

Those new repaints are great but I just can't get over the yutyrannus, what a beauty.

Bread

Thank you everyone!

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 21, 2022, 02:25:06 PMAll excellent but my particular favourite is the Lambeosaurus. It really appeals to me!
I too love its appealing shelf presentation. I love attractive herbivores! Too many models made by companies make them appear bland. B @Bokisaurus did an amazing job, that's where credit is due!

Quote from: Rain on October 21, 2022, 02:44:04 PMThose new repaints are great but I just can't get over the yutyrannus, what a beauty.
I too find this my favorite so far. Made by dinosaur_models_artworks on instagram! A little biased here because it is one of my favorite genuses.

Halichoeres

Those are very handsome repaints. I can see some okapi influence in the Lambeosaurus, I believe Boki is partial to them.  ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Another repaint and addition of lips, I present to you PNSO's Acrocanthosaurus, inspired by The Isle's Acrocanthosaurus.
All work was done by dinosaur_models_artworks

I want to note that I have never played The Isle, and I know there is quite some criticism, and controversy for the creators. I just like the design of the Acrocanthosaurus :P

The artist did an excellent job in bringing this model to life!

These are also dinosaur_models_artworks photos. I also enjoy his photography, plus it is way better than mine lol.
I won't have this model in hand for a little while as they are about to be put in transit to make way to their permanent home.

Oh and did I say "they"? >:D

TooOldForDinosaurs

Wow! Congrats, this is absolutely stunning. I love the blue eyes. :)

Concavenator

The PNSO Acro is beautiful by itself but yours is in a different league! Congrats and enjoy it.  :)

Bread

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on November 03, 2022, 02:57:46 PMWow! Congrats, this is absolutely stunning. I love the blue eyes. :)
Thank you! It's funny cause the original Acrocanthosaurus design from the Isle did not have these blue eyes. Dinosaur_models_artworks had the idea to apply them like so. His creativity and keen eye for such details has always amazed me! You will see this apparent in another model I have coming up...

Quote from: 5aurophaganax on November 03, 2022, 03:05:01 PMThe PNSO Acro is beautiful by itself but yours is in a different league! Congrats and enjoy it.  :)
I also agree! I just always enjoy the addition of lips, something I am just picky about now.

SidB

Wow, an absolute stunner. Please keep them coming (may your pocketbook permit it).

Flaffy

avatar_Bread @Bread How much does dinosaur_models_artworks typically charge for their repaint/customisation jobs?

That Acrocanthosaurus and PP Tyrannosaurus are simply stunning.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on November 03, 2022, 10:53:08 PMWow, an absolute stunner. Please keep them coming (may your pocketbook permit it).
Indeed! Thank you. I wish I could keep acquiring more and more, but my wallet will start to suffer even more.

Quote from: Flaffy on November 03, 2022, 11:42:19 PMavatar_Bread @Bread How much does dinosaur_models_artworks typically charge for their repaint/customisation jobs?

That Acrocanthosaurus and PP Tyrannosaurus are simply stunning.
Typically for models such as PP Tyrannosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus, they are $80. It really depends on the model though. For example, the Yutyrannus was $60, if I recall correctly, since it was slightly smaller.

He is open to commissions but I know there is a waitlist, also don't be afraid to message him on instagram! He is very kind and easy to communicate with. He will provide you the price based on the size of the model(s).

Note: The prices I have mentioned do not include the models themselves, nor shipping. Shipping can be an additional $40, for US as far as I know.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: