News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA 2024 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 10, 2022, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I have two CollectA figures currently, the Borealopelta and 2018 Iguanodon.  I'm happy with both.  CollectA has become very good at making ornithopods and thyreophorans so I'd like to see them make more.  However CollectA has made so many ornithopods in recent years (Brighstoneus, Hadrosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Kamuysaurus, Fukuisaurus, Iguanodon, Mantellisaurus) so I'd also like them to make ornithopods less often and focus on improving the diversity of their dinosaur range.  I'd like any of the following from CollectA in 2024:

Cryolophosaurus - Some people, including me, were disappointed by Safari making a featherless Cryolophosaurus.  CollectA could fill the gap left for a feathered Cryolophosaurus!

Rhamphorhynchus - Could someone please make a good figure of this iconic and interesting pterosaur?

Daspletosaurus horneri - It's been six years since CollectA's last tyrannosauroid, their 2018 Tyrannosaurus.  That's enough time before making a new one.  Safari has made a great Daspletosaurus torosus, which I'm happy with, but no-one has made a D. horneri.  I'd like CollectA to make a featherless D. horneri, consistent with the warm preserved ecosystem of the Two Medicine Formation.

Utahraptor - Dromaeosaurids are a very popular group so I find it strange that CollectA has neglected them.  I'd like CollectA to improve at making dromaeosaurids.  I think a new Utahraptor based on Scott Hartman's new reconstruction could come out awesome!

Tuojiangosaurus - CollectA could make a more accurate version than PNSO's.

Austroraptor - Elegant unenlagiines could be what CollectA needs in order to improve sculpting pennaceous body feathers (in contrast to the scruffy feathers of their Microraptor).

Scelidosaurus - CollectA has done a decent job at representing prehistoric animals from the UK, and thyreophorans, Scelidosaurus is both of those things and a unique animal.  So I think it would be nice to have a new, more accurate version of it by CollectA.

Mantellisaurus - In a standing or walking pose.  This is the only ornithopod I'd like CollectA to make.

Buitreraptor - Another unenlagiine, what I wrote for Austroraptor applies here too.  Either Buitreraptor or Austroraptor could make outstanding figures by CollectA and fill a gap in their dinosaur range.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on December 10, 2022, 09:20:39 PMDaspletosaurus horneri - It's been six years since CollectA's last tyrannosauroid, their 2018 Tyrannosaurus.  That's enough time before making a new one.

Bro living in 2024 already
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Anyways i'll just paste in my Prehistoric World list from the ATF

- Velociraptor mongoliensis (Scales with Protoceratops)
- Rugops primus
- Janavis finalidens
- Plateosaurus trossingensis
- Argentinosaurus huinculensis
- Brachytrachelopan mesai
- Scolosaurus cutleri
- Vancleavea campi
- Megatherium americanum
- Thylacoleo carnifex

Sim

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 10, 2022, 09:26:29 PMBro living in 2024 already

It was just a small lapse of judgment.  The point I was trying to make is unaffected, it's still a long time since CollectA's last tyrannosauroid.

Out of your choices, I like the idea of Velociraptor, Plateosaurus and Scolosaurus.  It would be interesting to see a modern version of Velociraptor by CollectA.  Perhaps CollectA will be the company that makes an accurate bipedal sauropodomorph figure?  Although their Plateosaurus is still quite good so maybe they will make another prosauropod.  And Scolosaurus could make for an exciting figure!

suspsy

I would like some dromaeosaurs from CollectA. Any would be nice, although Utahraptor would be especially welcome.

More than that, I want a megaraptoran or two. An updated Australovenator would certainly be great, but I'd also love Aerosteon, Maip, Megaraptor, or Murusraptor. And I don't care one bit about how most of them don't have any skull material.

Other random dinosaurs: Centrosaurus, Gallimimus, Brachytrachelopan, Hesperosaurus, Gorgosaurus, Yi, and a new Corythosaurus.

Pterosaur-wise, I want a Supreme Anurognathus with its wonderfully wide mouth, big bulging eyes, and fuzziness all over.

From the Mesozoic waters: Deinosuchus, Machimosaurus, Metriorhynchus, or Placodus.

From the Paleozoic: Edestus, Eryops, Inostrancevia, Prionosuchus, or Rhizodus.

And from the Cenozoic: Arctotherium, Argentavis, Barinasuchus, Gigantopithecus, Megatherium, Platybelodon, or Purussaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Anything from the Paleozoic and anything from the Cenozoic (or two since we missed out on one this year).

I still want a Tiktaalik or a new Tullimonstrum more then anything else from the Paleozoic at this time. Though I'd also welcome a Diplocaulus as well, or anything else. Even though this year's Anomalocaris does have issues with its anatomy, and it already has quite the number of figures of it out there, it is at least keeping the trend alive, since they did the Dimetrodon, Dunkleosteus, and Estemmenosuchus in 2018 (if not the year prior with the prehistoric marine tube in 2017).

For Cenozoic I mostly want to see Aenocyon dirus and a new figure of Thylacoleo now that the Southlands one is retired, and hard to come by. A Megaloceros or anything other extinct cervid would also be nice to see. But I'd be glad with anything from this wishlist, if it hasn't been done yet by them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Kapitaenosavrvs

Since CollectA gets better and better, i would love to see more pterosaurs in a groundposition. I do not care which Pterosaur they will do, tbh. Their newGeosternbergia is a perfect mix of size, colouring, sculptingquality and pricing(!). So almost every Pterosaur is welcomed by me. Their big ones are a great Idea, but they are too big for me and what i like.

Moreover i would really love to see some Dromaeosaurs from CollectA. More feathered Dinosaurs in general. Since their recent Theropods have rather thin legs in Design, it could benefit a feathered theropod i would think.

I like their new way of doing Sauropods a lot and do not care about grey upon greys.

I am less interested in Animal Figures that are not from the mesozoic, but why not hope for more, since there are a lot of people that would love to see more from these.

In general, i really like that we also get marine Animals. Animals living in and around Water/The Sea have a special Place in my Heart.
I would love a new Pliosaur from CollectA. Normally i am fine with it, but i wished their new Mosasaurus would be a more "unusual" Mosasaur with a different Bodyshape in regards to e.g. M. hoffmannii. Smaller Mosasaurs could benefit from CollectAs sometimes screaming Warpaint Colouration :D

Sim

I forgot to say that I also would like a mini pterosaur set from CollectA which would include a mini version of their awesome Dimorphodon as well as one or two of the following: Rhamphorhynchus, Scaphognathus, Dorygnathus.  If they include a mini Caviramus I hope they would change its tail crests to be vertical, no pterosaur is known to have horizontal tail crests.

Gwangi

When it comes to CollectA it's not their dinosaurs or mammals that get me excited, it's everything else. So with that in mind, here's a list of some of what I would like to see most from them.

Prionosuchus
Platyhistrix
Diplocaulus
Ophiacodon
Rutiodon
Purussaurus
Arizonasaurus
Armadillosuchus
Diplomoceras
Leedsichthys
Xenacanthid shark (any)
Tiktaalik
Acanthostega
Eusthenopteron
Hyneria
Rhizodus
Tullimonstrum
Anurognathus

There are a few dinosaurs and mammals I wouldn't mind seeing from CollectA though, including but not limited to...

Dryptosaurus (they did a Hadrosaurus, give us another east-coast dinosaur)
Scutellosaurus
Liaoningosaurus
Terror bird (any)
Pelagornis
Ceratogaulus
Castoroides
Amphicyon
Diprotodon
Sivatherium

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Faelrin on December 11, 2022, 03:37:07 PMA Megaloceros or anything other extinct cervid would also be nice to see.

Don't like the Papo one?

Faelrin

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 The sculpt isn't bad, but the coloration isn't accurate to how it was depicted in the cave paintings. So I'd like another one out there that gets that right. Plus it's one of the more popular prehistoric mammals strangely missing from their assortment currently. Of course if it came down to it, and something that hasn't been done before, I'd gladly pick the latter.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pliosaurking

I say this on pretty much every topic like this but here goes:

Purussaurus and a Stomatosuchus would be great! So would any new Rauisuchians!

A Pliosaur that either has hasn't been done or one that needs a good figure, Pliosaurus itself could use one as their old one could use an update in my eyes. It's not a bad figure by any means but it has a few atomically incorrect features. Rhomaleosaurus could also use an update!

A few other animals that would be nice are: Centrosaurus and or Anchiceratops, Prionosuchus, some sort of Phytosaur, Gorgosaurus, Rhamphorynchus and Pterodaustro, some sort of Anklyosaur, Plateosaurus, Lambeosaurus and or (preferably) Ouranosaurus, and since Collecta loves doing obscure dinosaurs a Piatnitzkysaurus!

If any of these are made next year I'd be elated!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Pliosaurking on December 11, 2022, 11:02:37 PMA few other animals that would be nice are: Centrosaurus and or Anchiceratops, Prionosuchus, some sort of Phytosaur, Gorgosaurus, Rhamphorynchus and Pterodaustro, some sort of Anklyosaur, Plateosaurus, Lambeosaurus and or (preferably) Ouranosaurus, and since Collecta loves doing obscure dinosaurs a Piatnitzkysaurus!

Oh yes, Ouranosaurus! I want it. Please.

Lynx

I ask for this from every company but I like CollectA quite a bit so I will expand on it.

- 1:40ish Pinacosaurus, I wouldn't mind it being made in a larger scale for the deluxe line, as it's a pretty small Ankylosaur. Now that I think of it, considering we have a 1:6 Protoceratops and 1:6 Velociraptor, we might be able to have a 1:6 Pinacosaurus to finish off the formation?

- 1:40ish Velociraptor, PLEASE. No company with the exception of WildPast has done a proper one, I wouldn't even mind it being a mini or having a bad color scheme if this were ever released. Perhaps in a pouncing or running pose?

- 1:40ish Protoceratops, to finish up the 3. Just would fit so, so nicely in this scale.

These three could make an awesome scene together and we lack good figures of both Pinacosaurus and Velociraptor in that scale. Last time I checked, the only Velociraptor figure around the 1:40 was made by Schleich, and I am sure many people would enjoy a proper figure of it, though I love Schleich myself.
An oversized house cat.

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim The BotM Cryolophosaurus will be feathered.

I also wish for the same species from every company, I just want to see these done well. In CollectA's case, I hope the small species won't be made into ginormous figures like the Supreme sized pterosaurs and are, at most, in line with last year's Geosternbergia.

Non-dinosaurs

Megatherium
Megaloceros (I have the Papo one but would trade it for another one with the correct coloration)
Plesiosaurus
Shonisaurus
Gorgonops

Ornithischians

Ouranosaurus (resculpt)
Maiasaura
Brachylophosaurus
Saurolophus
Tenontosaurus (resculpt)
Scutellosaurus
Kentrosaurus (resculpt)
Anchiceratops

Sauropodomorphs and herrerasaurids

Eoraptor
Plateosaurus
Amargasaurus (updated resculpt)
Shunosaurus (resculpt)
Herrerasaurus

Theropods

Austroraptor
Zhenyuanlong
Halszkaraptor
Anchiornis
Yi
Sinosauropteryx
Shuuvuia
Gallimimus
Asfaltovenator

Halichoeres

Every year CollectA puts out some dinosaurs, and most years I buy some of them, but like Gwangi I'm much more interested in their non-dinosaurs. I'll snap up any Paleozoic or Mesozoic synapsids, fishes, marine reptiles, amphibians, or invertebrates. I'd love for someone to finally make a Cotylorhynchus. I also really loved their 2017 marine mini box, but their miniatures since then have been really boring. I'd like to see more minis of small animals that scale well with their larger figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Cotylorhynchus is yet another genus that would be most welcome indeed.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

I would definitely be captivated by a Cotylorhyncus!

Gwangi

To think, when I started this hobby I was going to restrict myself to dinosaurs only. Then it shifted to prehistoric animals only. Now I collect extant animals too and the prehistoric figures that get me the most excited are rarely dinosaurs.

Pliosaurking

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: