News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

I might shed a tear over this one...

EmperorDinobot

They look great. Absolute must-haves.

Concavenator

Well, it looks like the ultimate Carnotaurus figure (for the time being) is here!

The large, osteoderm-like scales are arranged randomly as they should, as cited in the skin description paper. And on another hand, its legs appear not to be too long either (comparing them to the ones in Franoys' 2019 skeletal), which is a common issue among Carnotaurus figures.

My whole relationship with Creative Beast lines is: "I love those figures, but I wish a 1:35 version is coming down the road".

Pliosaurking

Faelrin

So unless PNSO (or another company) pulls a fast one, I think this is on track for being the most up to date Carnotaurus post the 2021 integument update paper.

Man the wait for this one will be rough for me. I know it will be well worth it though, especially for one of my top three favorite theropods.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

I'm looking forward to seeing the concept painting. The Argentine tegu promises to be a good match.

But what I'm looking forward to seeing even more are the designs for either the Edmontonia or the Sauropelta. Enough with the theropods, let's see those ankylosaurs!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Pachycephalosaurus pics added to the OP!

David96

Oh damn, designs revealed for two of my favorite dinosaurs already. Only thing that baffles me is the size of the Carno, David said that it's gonna be 16 inches long while Carnotarus could very well be 18 inches long. Ceratosaurus is gonna be 16 inches long and it has always been known to be smaller than Carnotaurus, I really hope that David doesn't start to be less careful about the scale. And that he might still consider changing it. Other than that (but to a much smaller degree) I hoped for the Pachy to have a tail like the one from Saurian, although this one is more similar to the one in the Skeletal I guess???

Faelrin

I saw in the instagram comments that David is intending this one to be the old school style (a simple yes to someone asking about it). Also what an absolute unit this is! I wonder how the largest ceratopsians compare (adult Triceratops, Torosaurus, Pentaceratops). I imagine this will be up there alongside them.

andrewsaurus rex

De-Lish.......this one i'm really looking forward to.

David96:: I share your concerns about scale.  Thus far BOTM has not been overly careful keeping various releases exactly true to scale....it's a consequence of needing to reuse parts and build the figures in a modular way in order to keep costs down.    So we'll see how it goes.  I'll get the ones that I feel are true to 1/18 and pass on the ones that I feel aren't, just like i've been doing.  As long as a figure is a bit under scale it's easy to imagine it as a sub adult, perhaps 90% adult size.  The problems can begin if a figure is TOO BIG, which happened a fair bit in the Ceratopsian series.   As for Carno and Cerat.....two animals can have the same dimensions but one can look a lot bigger than the other.  I have the Mattel Pentacertops, which is dimensionally almost the same as the BOTM Medusaceratops but looks WAY bigger.   So all hope is not lost....and if Carno is a bit small, well it's a sub adult in my books.......i'm gettin' it.

suspsy

Judging from the Yutyrannus next to it, the Stegosaurus will be about the same size as the Triceratops and the Torosaurus, which is in keeping with the science.

Imagine how much fun it will be to pitch this mighty beast against the Allosaurus or the Ceratosaurus!

Eatmycar

This stegosaurus is an easy day 1 buy for me. I was disappointed with the hoodie on the T. rex... this all but makes up for it.

Sim

I like this Stegosaurus already!  That David is sculpting it explains why the prototype wasn't shown earlier.  Regarding the size of the Carnotaurus, I wonder if David is making it share parts with the Ceratosaurus?  If he is I hope their body is modified to include Ceratosaurus's midline osteoderms.

Quote from: suspsy on December 20, 2022, 06:20:37 PMImagine how much fun it will be to pitch this mighty beast against the Allosaurus or the Ceratosaurus!
Yes, although I would prefer to have it fight a Torvosaurus...

EmperorDinobot

David96

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on December 20, 2022, 05:58:13 PMDavid96:: I share your concerns about scale.  Thus far BOTM has not been overly careful keeping various releases exactly true to scale....it's a consequence of needing to reuse parts and build the figures in a modular way in order to keep costs down.    So we'll see how it goes.  I'll get the ones that I feel are true to 1/18 and pass on the ones that I feel aren't, just like i've been doing.  As long as a figure is a bit under scale it's easy to imagine it as a sub adult, perhaps 90% adult size.  The problems can begin if a figure is TOO BIG, which happened a fair bit in the Ceratopsian series.   As for Carno and Cerat.....two animals can have the same dimensions but one can look a lot bigger than the other.  I have the Mattel Pentacertops, which is dimensionally almost the same as the BOTM Medusaceratops but looks WAY bigger.   So all hope is not lost....and if Carno is a bit small, well it's a sub adult in my books.......i'm gettin' it.

Yeah that's a good point, and tbh I wouldn't necessarily say that all figures should be 100% on scale. Although this being Carnotaurus, which is such an iconic fan favorite dinoaur, I wish that it could also have a figure that makes it justice. And size well, I guess it just awakens that inner child that wants bigger figures haha. And also because as I said it would be weird for him to have the same size as Ceratosaurus when we all imagine Carnotaurus as a bigger animal than Ceratosaurus, and it was since it could very well reach 8 meters long (18 inches range at 1/18th scale).

suspsy

I wouldn't worry too much about Cerato and Carano sharing a body mould until it is actually confirmed. I'm not sure that would work too well, as there a number of anatomical differences between their torsos.

Faelrin

Their skin is also quite different as well, that part sharing between them wouldn't work well. The holotype of Ceratosaurus nasicornis, and another specimen did preserve osteoderms, and it turned out that Carnotaurus did not have them at all, as previously depicted arranged in rows on its back, but had feature scales instead.

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioI did not forget that it's Cyberzoic Friday! Today we get a glimpse into the civilian part of the Tech Clan with a huge public transportation hub! And please note that this is not an announcement for Sauropod figures (or Ornithomimids) but it is all part of the Cyberzoic world, so perhaps someday...

Concept art by Raph Lomotan

suspsy

I kind of wish these concept pieces didn't include animals that are not confirmed to be part of the Cyberzoic series. I worry that it's going to get people's hopes up too high.

Still, it's a pretty cool painting.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: