You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What is your least favorite dinosaur?

Started by brontosauruschuck, March 22, 2020, 07:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Cretaceous Crab

This is rather difficult to answer because as time goes on and the more we find out about various clades, I am gradually appreciating all groups of dinosaurs.

I don't think I really dislike any dinosaurs, but I do find the following a little...meh. Stegosaurus and some of the smaller earlier ornithopods.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on March 21, 2023, 10:07:56 PMTooth or fragment taxa.
This is the only thing I can think of, since I find there's no particular reason for me to dislike any dinosaur or creature whatsoever. Some animals  do catch my interest way more than others but all of them are just there doing their thing so I can't pick a least favorite. Same goes for extinct ones.

Paleo Flo

There can't be a least favorite dinosaur, because dinosaurus are cool in a generally way to me.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Eatmycar

I don't dislike any? But I'd be lying if I said I cared one way or another about nodosaurs and ankylosaurs. They just bore me to tears.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Eatmycar on March 22, 2023, 06:20:42 AMI don't dislike any? But I'd be lying if I said I cared one way or another about nodosaurs and ankylosaurs. They just bore me to tears.

I will never understand how someone can be bored by any of nature's wonderful creations.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 22, 2023, 08:47:30 AM
Quote from: Eatmycar on March 22, 2023, 06:20:42 AMI don't dislike any? But I'd be lying if I said I cared one way or another about nodosaurs and ankylosaurs. They just bore me to tears.

I will never understand how someone can be bored by any of nature's wonderful creations.

Word. Go for it Polacanthus & Co. 8)
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

andrewsaurus rex

well, since  the title says 'least favorite' that's quite different from disliking....you can still like something a lot but have it be your least favourite of a group of things.   I find all prehistoric animals of interest, just like I find all extant animals of interest.  But I have to say, I don't have a parental 'love them all equally' mindset.  Without question I tend to prefer the large dinosaurs over the smaller ones and the theropods over the herbivores.  But I find them all fascinating.   

If I were to pick a least favourite it would probably be smaller ornithopods.   But I still like them and find them of high interest.

Bread

Carcharondotosaurus, Meraxes, Mapusaurus, Giganotosaurus, any and all that look the same.

I can't say the Carcharondotosauridae family since I find Concavenator interesting.

Stegotyranno420

I love all of God's prehistoric beasts in one way or another. Whether it is the booming call of the Hadrosaurs, the bestial muscles of theropods, the prestigious armour of Thyreophorans, or the colossal might of Sauropods, even the humblest of dinosaurs, like dryosaurids, they might be good pets, all can be interesting in their way.
Maybe not Ankylosaurs because everyone thinks they were stronger, better Stegosaurs, but that is not a fault of Evolution.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Bread on March 25, 2023, 04:09:30 PMCarcharondotosaurus, Meraxes, Mapusaurus, Giganotosaurus, any and all that look the same.

I can't say the Carcharondotosauridae family since I find Concavenator interesting.
Meraxes at least his interesting foot claws
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Pliosaurking

I don't actively dislike any dinosaurs, although I'd say ornithopods are probably my least favourite. I never was a huge fan of them, although I definitely still like them.

EmperorDinobot

Allosaurus.

I have thought about this since I was a kid, and yeah, it is Allosaurus.

Don't @ me, bro.

Doug Watson

Never met a dinosaur I didn't like!.... Wait except the ones that poop on my car, especially the Corvette.

Gwangi

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 25, 2023, 09:13:02 PMNever met a dinosaur I didn't like!.... Wait except the ones that poop on my car, especially the Corvette.

Yeah, I guess if there's a dinosaur I don't like it's the English house sparrow. I don't tolerate them in my bird houses anymore, not after what they did to tree swallows and bluebirds that lived there.

Dyscrasia

No least favorite dinosaur, they are all fascinating one way or the other.
However, there are certain dinosaur "fandoms" I am not too fond of.

Gwangi

Quote from: Dyscrasia on March 25, 2023, 10:47:31 PMNo least favorite dinosaur, they are all fascinating one way or the other.
However, there are certain dinosaur "fandoms" I am not too fond of.

Great answer. Back when this thread was started I answered Spinosaurus, just to be cheeky. It's a frustrating animal but also intensely fascinating. I don't actually dislike it. But, I don't care for the fandom surrounding it, which is mostly JP3 fanboys that disregard the scientific strides we've made over the last 20 years. The fandoms for all the various big theropods can be a bit much. In the same way that sports fandoms can be. Who's bigger, and who would win in a fight, it's all very dull.

Perotorum

DinoFan2010

Any hybrid. Indominus, Indoraptor, Scorpios, I still like them, but I prefer real dinosaurs. ;)

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Shane

My answer isn't any specific dinosaur, but more the trend of a new "discovery" that consists of a jawbone or some teeth, and all the stories about the discovery show highly speculative paleo-art that makes the dinosaur seem super unique and interesting, despite being extremely fragmentary.

I think the worst offender I can think of in recent memory is "Thanos" which is literally known from a single neckbone but all the paleo-art inevitably showed this fully realized abelisaurid that was always purple and in some cases even had the trademark comic book Thanos "chin wrinkles"...just literally trying to shoehorn this single bone into a dinosaur that looks like a movie/comic book character.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: