News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread’s Newly Acquired Customs

Started by Bread, August 29, 2022, 05:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bread on November 15, 2022, 03:39:19 AMSounds good! I'll keep an eye out for your post on those.

Also, how long ago did you purchase the Onchopristis?

I've discussed with Paleokhris about his models, and he has told me that outdated or once thought to be reconstructions or anatomy changes do lead him to not print or sell widely some of his 3D models. He has a Triceratops that is outdated to which he does not list on his page anymore. Although he is open to printing models as a request if he has the files.

I bought and posted the unpainted version to my thread about two years ago (but still haven't painted it). I'm not aware of anything new that would make his model outdated, but maybe I missed something.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

So I said in the past that I was slowing down on customs and only had a small order left of them to arrive.

I present to you, three repaints made by artbyanz (instagram artist)!

Battat Pachyrhinosaurus

Safari ltd. Dimetrodon

CollectA Edaphosaurus

My favorites so far ;D

I was really indecisive with these three repaints but I wanted these do be done. My favorite is of course the Edaphosaurus. Its really hard to acquire "blue" figures/models and for it to be done correctly. Artbyanz did an amazing job!

I'll be posting full collection pics later this week, Thanksgiving is coming so I shouldn't be too busy as work has slowed down. Cheers and thanks for stopping by!

ceratopsian

Excellent work.  All three are good candidates for repainting.  I admire the devilish Dimetrodon!

SidB

All superb, avatar_Bread @Bread , but to me the Pachy is my favorite, simply because the Battat had such a mediocre and disappointing paint job to begin with. It's like a resurrection from the dead, this repaint. Well done.

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 20, 2022, 05:32:51 PMExcellent work.  All three are good candidates for repainting.  I admire the devilish Dimetrodon!
Thank you! I wanted to go for a red vs. blue kind of theme with the Dimetrodon and Edaphosaurus.

Quote from: SidB on November 20, 2022, 11:43:20 PMAll superb, avatar_Bread @Bread , but to me the Pachy is my favorite, simply because the Battat had such a mediocre and disappointing paint job to begin with. It's like a resurrection from the dead, this repaint. Well done.
I 100% agree! I am not a fan of battat sculpts in general, but I realized by owning the Pachyrhinosaurus that it genuinely was the color schemes and application turning me away from Battat's models. Of course that meant this model was to be repainted >:D

SidB

avatar_Bread @Bread, it sounds like other Battat sculpts of yours might be beneficiaries of a repaint too. IMO, though, the Pachy was the one in direst need of the treatment.

ceratopsian

I had a Pachy repainted when they first came out.  I thought it cried out for it.

Concavenator

Congrats on those beautiful repaints!

In retrospective, I think the only thing that stopped the Pachyrhinosaurus from being the ultimate figure of the genus was the paintjob all along. I don't necessarily dislike the original colour scheme, but it was objectively bad and sloppy, which is a shame because it turned a fantastic sculpt by a top notch sculptor into a cheap-looking toy, just by the paintjob. Treatments like the one yours received take it to a totally different league.

Bread

[Cleared what was previously posted]

Move on to next post.

Abobo

hello, from what country are you (for the shipping)?

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Bread on November 03, 2022, 02:33:36 PMAnother repaint and addition of lips, I present to you PNSO's Acrocanthosaurus, inspired by The Isle's Acrocanthosaurus.
All work was done by dinosaur_models_artworks

I want to note that I have never played The Isle, and I know there is quite some criticism, and controversy for the creators. I just like the design of the Acrocanthosaurus :P

The artist did an excellent job in bringing this model to life!

Wonderfully done. Congrats on the Figure(sssssss). I once used a Skin from PoT as a reference once (Spinosaurus) but did it different in the End. :D The End is, it isn't finished.

I really like the lipped look. Absolutely beautiful to me.

Bread

Been a while, and some models that are long overdue to be showcased!

An artist and sculptor by the name of Emerson Hul, also known as ps_arts_official on instagram had made these two 1:35 scale models for me back in December.

I present to you all Dilophosaurus based on his own interpretation, and Prehistoric Planet's Qianzhousaurus!

These are not my photos. Before he shipped them to me, he had taken photos of them. Most of the time the artist performs better than I can when taking photos ;D

ceratopsian

What material are they?  Resin?  An eye-catching crest on the Dilophosaurus.

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 04, 2023, 04:43:02 PMWhat material are they?  Resin?  An eye-catching crest on the Dilophosaurus.
Not quite sure to be honest. They are extremely fragile compared to my other models, so I assuming some type of clay or resin-like material. I'll ask him.

Yes, once I saw his own Dilophosaurus on his page, I immediately requested one at 1:35 scale.

ceratopsian

I did wonder about the fragility - especially with the dynamic Dilopho pose!  They are both lovely pieces. 

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 04, 2023, 04:49:47 PMI did wonder about the fragility - especially with the dynamic Dilopho pose!  They are both lovely pieces. 
Thank you! And yes with the fragility being a factor, poses can be limited but so far the Dilophosaurus and Qianzhousaurus have yet to fall.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Both of them are beautiful!

Bread

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on May 05, 2023, 03:49:08 PMBoth of them are beautiful!

Thank you!

Here is a simple photo of the models that are currently on my desk. They're my most recent acquisitions at the moment. ;D

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Bread on May 05, 2023, 04:20:07 PM
Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on May 05, 2023, 03:49:08 PMBoth of them are beautiful!

Thank you!

Here is a simple photo of the models that are currently on my desk. They're my most recent acquisitions at the moment. ;D

I like how unusually colorful the selection is. Not a variety you see very often in dinosaur toys but maybe the future holds even more colorful choices for us, who knows! :)

Bread

avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs Agreed. The future seems to be great for those who love outlandish but yet plausible color schemes. The variety and aim for companies to apply detailed models is growing.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: