News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

I didn't have any apatosaurus!! That's perfect for me!  ^-^

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: SidB on May 06, 2023, 04:55:16 AMAh, Apatosaurus! For me, this will fill the void left when the Carnegie Collection ended in 2015, just short of 2016 , when the rumored Forest Rogers Apatosaurus was to be released, but obviously never was. We've needed a full-sized (1/35-1/40) scientifically accurate one for many years. The Papo one is a subadult and Safari's excellent 2010 figure is simply too small.
I wonder if that rumored Carnegie Apato ever actually made it far in the sculpting process

Sim

I'm very excited for the Apatosaurus!  I look forward to seeing photos of it!

Basilosaurus

Im having a hard time deciding to wait on the HAOLONGGOOD Apatosaurus or Rebor Diplodocus but im leaning towards Haolonggood as I want to support them as much as possible (ive recently gotten the Carcharodontosaurus,Ouranosaurus and Pentaceratops and If this Apatosaurus is decently sized and priced I see this as a huge win for Haolonggood as their more recent figures have been undercutting PNSO pricing with just as good (and in my own opinion) even better quality than PNSO! Keep it up Haolonggood!

ceratopsian

Waiting to see both before deciding is a sensible policy.  There seems to be a much longer delay this time between teasing and reveal with Haolonggood!

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on April 23, 2023, 05:03:21 PM
Quote from: Sim on April 23, 2023, 04:08:53 PMSo the small words say types of animals might be coming in the future?  If so, there's five, so a megaraptorid, a sauropod, a stegosaurid... and two more?

Left to right:
- Sauropod
- Stegosaur
- Ankylosaur
- Ceratopsian
- Theropod

I'm still hyped for this!

Not counting the Nasutoceratops and Ouranosaurus, we've seen the ceratopsian (Pentaceratops), ankylosaur (Tianzhenosaurus), sauropod (Apatosaurus), and it looks like there's still a theropod/megaraptorian and stegosaur to go~

I hope Haolonggood have more in store than these listed ones - I don't want the hype train to end  :))

Sim

I'm eager to see the Apatosaurus, it's already looking great.  But I'm also keen to see the stegosaurian.  It will be interesting to see how Haolonggood does a stegosaurian.  I'm not very interested in a megaraptoran as so little is known of them.  But I already have wishes for more Haolonggood figures beyond these ones!

Paleo Flo

Still tempted by the red Ouranosaurus and the crispy Cappuccino Nasutoceratops
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

SidB

Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on May 06, 2023, 05:00:41 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 06, 2023, 04:55:16 AMAh, Apatosaurus! For me, this will fill the void left when the Carnegie Collection ended in 2015, just short of 2016 , when the rumored Forest Rogers Apatosaurus was to be released, but obviously never was. We've needed a full-sized (1/35-1/40) scientifically accurate one for many years. The Papo one is a subadult and Safari's excellent 2010 figure is simply too small.
I wonder if that rumored Carnegie Apato ever actually made it far in the sculpting process
Personally, avatar_TheCambrianCrusader @TheCambrianCrusader , I can't recollect any other comments being made on the Forum in this respect, other than rumors about the Apatosaurus. I'd suggest that our resident authority on the Carnegie line, D @Dinoguy2 , would be the individual to ask. If anyone were to know, it would be hom, IMO. You could also check out his site.

Takama

Quote from: SidB on May 10, 2023, 11:48:04 AM
Personally, avatar_TheCambrianCrusader @TheCambrianCrusader , I can't recollect any other comments being made on the Forum in this respect, other than rumors about the Apatosaurus. I'd suggest that our resident authority on the Carnegie line, D @Dinoguy2 , would be the individual to ask. If anyone were to know, it would be hom, IMO. You could also check out his site.

The Carnegie Apatosaurus was a model that was going to come out the year after the 2015 Velociraptor.  And I got this info from the sculptor of the line herself Forest Rogers on Facebook.

SidB

Quote from: Takama on May 10, 2023, 12:20:09 PM
Quote from: SidB on May 10, 2023, 11:48:04 AM

The Carnegie Apatosaurus was a model that was going to come out the year after the 2015 Velociraptor.  And I got this info from the sculptor of the line herself Forest Rogers on Facebook.

Ah, very good, avatar_Takama @Takama , give credit where credit is due! This is, as far as I'm concerned , a good thing to know. This gives another element of melancholy and sense of loss to the end of the Carnegie line. Based on the excellence of her Diplodocus and Brachiosaurus resculpts, this Apatosaurus would have been a very fine piece.

Bread

Quote from: Paleo Flo on May 10, 2023, 11:22:50 AMStill tempted by the red Ouranosaurus and the crispy Cappuccino Nasutoceratops
Personally, I would say acquire them while you still can!

Also, there is currently a sale on Aliexpress. Every $20 spent you get $2 off. Enjoy :D

ceratopsian

I agree with avatar_Bread @Bread.  If you are serious, avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo, about a model from a small company (and obviously if the funds are not a problem), it's rarely a good thing to put off the purchase too long.  You've no idea how big the print run was etc and how long the model will be available!

Quote from: Bread on May 10, 2023, 01:30:08 PM
Quote from: Paleo Flo on May 10, 2023, 11:22:50 AMStill tempted by the red Ouranosaurus and the crispy Cappuccino Nasutoceratops

Also, there is currently a sale on Aliexpress. Every $20 spent you get $2 off. Enjoy :D

Concavenator

Quote from: vampiredesign on May 06, 2023, 03:37:06 AMI will work hard to solve the purchase issue. Thank you all, as I have been spending my time developing and designing. This year's new product has too much work, and each product will have 2 design colors.
If there is a suitable European agent, you can contact me. After all, our main focus is on production and design, not sales.

An option would be for you to contact retailers from Europe, like Everything Dinosaur (UK), Alcaiceria (Spain), or Speelboer (Netherlands), to give some examples.

But I think opening up your own AliExpress store would be the best common option for us europeans. Since you have your own Amazon store, having your own AliExpress store would be a great idea.

ceratopsian

If their firm is tiny, running a shop on AliExpress entails quite a lot of work in addition to design and production.

Concavenator

I'm hyped for the Apatosaurus too, considering it's such an iconic and surprisingly overlooked (in figure form) dinosaur. The stegosaur has me excited too, I hope it will be Kentrosaurus or Gigantspinosaurus. And I'm very much looking forward to the megaraptorid (if it's a good Megaraptor or maybe Maip) too!

It's true that there are creatures with better remains that don't have a single figure that makes them justice (or any figures at all), but when it comes to choosing a fragmentary dinosaur to make into a figure, in my opinion a megaraptorid would be one of the most interesting options. Or at least it's more unique than a figure of a fragmentary species of, for example, tyrannosaurid, hadrosaurid, or dromaeosaurid, which are families that have some very well-known members. While you could argue that in those cases the inference may generally be safer, I think the fact that there are other related animals with good remains would make the choice of a fragmentary taxon from those families even more pointless (unless there's some important background behind them, like Hadrosaurus or the tyrannosauroid Dryptosaurus). In any case, only a few specific genera get enough attention to receive several good figures, after all. When it comes to megaraptorids, they all have scrappy remains, so logically speaking there would be no "good" choice among them. We certainly have a rather poor knowledge on them, but based on what we think we know I'd say they're fairly interesting creatures that deserve at least a single good figure of a representative of them (it's not like we need a barrage of megaraptorids either).

Paleo Flo

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 10, 2023, 02:01:34 PMI agree with avatar_Bread @Bread.  If you are serious, avatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo, about a model from a small company (and obviously if the funds are not a problem), it's rarely a good thing to put off the purchase too long.  You've no idea how big the print run was etc and how long the model will be available!

Quote from: Bread on May 10, 2023, 01:30:08 PM

I will think about it. Currently there is a nice price-range for them @amazon Japan. I could combine it with some Bandai movie monster series items for good transport conditions
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Concavenator on May 10, 2023, 04:04:33 PMI'm hyped for the Apatosaurus too, considering it's such an iconic and surprisingly overlooked (in figure form) dinosaur. The stegosaur has me excited too, I hope it will be Kentrosaurus or Gigantspinosaurus. And I'm very much looking forward to the megaraptorid (if it's a good Megaraptor or maybe Maip) too!

It's true that there are creatures with better remains that don't have a single figure that makes them justice (or any figures at all), but when it comes to choosing a fragmentary dinosaur to make into a figure, in my opinion a megaraptorid would be one of the most interesting options. Or at least it's more unique than a figure of a fragmentary species of, for example, tyrannosaurid, hadrosaurid, or dromaeosaurid, which are families that have some very well-known members. While you could argue that in those cases the inference may generally be safer, I think the fact that there are other related animals with good remains would make the choice of a fragmentary taxon from those families even more pointless (unless there's some important background behind them, like Hadrosaurus or the tyrannosauroid Dryptosaurus). In any case, only a few specific genera get enough attention to receive several good figures, after all. When it comes to megaraptorids, they all have scrappy remains, so logically speaking there would be no "good" choice among them. We certainly have a rather poor knowledge on them, but based on what we think we know I'd say they're fairly interesting creatures that deserve at least a single good figure of a representative of them (it's not like we need a barrage of megaraptorids either).

maybe a bit besides the point, but i would do anything for pnso or haolonggood to do megalosaurus, it has good remains and was one of the first dinosaurs ever discovered , yet it has barely any relevance and is prob the most overlooked theropod.

Bread

Tomorrow will mark the exact week after the sneak peek of the Apatosaurus. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get the full reveal. Curious to see this beauty in its full glory!

Basilosaurus

really hope that they follow this apatosaurus with a maip macrothorax that would be really cool!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: