News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 24, 2023, 02:01:54 PMur not alone bud, i cant decide and i need to since its a hundred bucks XD, grey has smth both bland and iconic to it, coffee is more daring but detracts from the sculpt a little more

There are multiple AliExpress stores that sell the figure for around 65$. Just putting this here - not sure if someone else has mentioned this already.  :)

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on May 24, 2023, 09:27:18 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 24, 2023, 02:01:54 PMur not alone bud, i cant decide and i need to since its a hundred bucks XD, grey has smth both bland and iconic to it, coffee is more daring but detracts from the sculpt a little more

There are multiple AliExpress stores that sell the figure for around 65$. Just putting this here - not sure if someone else has mentioned this already.  :)

Sorry i didnt mention , im german not american and only 2 stores sell it to my Location both want 115

Remko

If it's the same for the Netherlands (hi neighbour!) you won't pay much, if any, for customs when buying from AliExpress stores.

I buy a lot of my figures there, because shipping is cheap (or even free), and they get them much earlier than European shops such as Everything Dinosaur in the UK, Speelboer in The Netherlands or Modellpferdeversand in Germany.

Most of the time I don't get charged any customs, and the figures arrive within about two weeks from ordering.

Roar

Also from the Netherlands. But I have a question C:-) how wel do the theropods stand? Pnso bends and keeps falling over. What about haolonggood? I have just got some of the planteaters.
Onwards to adventure!

Remko

Quote from: Roar on May 24, 2023, 10:21:21 PMAlso from the Netherlands. But I have a question C:-) how wel do the theropods stand? Pnso bends and keeps falling over. What about haolonggood? I have just got some of the planteaters.

I don't have any of their theropods. Only the planteaters as well...  ;D

Perhaps this will help?

SenSx

Quote from: Concavenator on May 24, 2023, 12:23:36 AMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy It was rumoured their upcoming theropod is a megaraptorid.

Oh please I'd love a Maip Macrothorax

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Remko on May 24, 2023, 09:51:40 PMavatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo,

If it's the same for the Netherlands (hi neighbour!) you won't pay much, if any, for customs when buying from AliExpress stores.

I buy a lot of my figures there, because shipping is cheap (or even free), and they get them much earlier than European shops such as Everything Dinosaur in the UK, Speelboer in The Netherlands or Modellpferdeversand in Germany.

Most of the time I don't get charged any customs, and the figures arrive within about two weeks from ordering.

Hi Neighbour! :-)

Thanks for chearing your experiences. I will have to think about that.
Maybe I'll combine some Bandai Monie Monster Series Items with it, so the shipping costs are in an "ok-way".
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

ceratopsian

The imposition of customs on AliExpress purchases varies from country to country. Here in the UK AliExpress collects the UK VAT at the point of purchase. So they can't slip through the net here!

Quote from: Remko on May 24, 2023, 09:51:40 PMavatar_Paleo Flo @Paleo Flo,

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Roar on May 24, 2023, 10:21:21 PMAlso from the Netherlands. But I have a question C:-) how wel do the theropods stand? Pnso bends and keeps falling over. What about haolonggood? I have just got some of the planteaters.

The charcharodontosaurus is hasicly pnso but double as bad, since any tiny drop means the Paint rubs off. Idk about the rex as i think its hideos

Bread

I've owned both variants of their Carcharodontosaurus at one point, and they never had any signs of warping. They stood better than most of my PNSO models, even the quadrupedal Corythosaurus :P

However, I am unsure about their Tyrannosaurus and Therizinosaurus. Those being newer figures, and never had them in my hands, I can not say for sure if they're stable.

Remko

I received Nasutoceratops, Tianzhenosaurus and Pentaceratops last week.
According to the box, all figures are 1:35th scale.
But after watching dinodragon's reviews, every single figure scales aout to be around 1:25th.

This is unfortunate, as I would really like proper 1:35th figures for my collection. And the company should market them correctly, but we see this more often. ITOY's Paraceratherium is also listed at 1:35th scale, but is actually more closely 1:20th scale.

Still beautiful figures, and I love them in my collection. But it would be better if the given scale also matched the animal.

Then again, now they all scale nicelyto Rebor's Deinosuchus which is also around 1:25th scale, for a 11,25 meter individual.

Concavenator

Looking forward to the next reveal... maybe next week or the following? Will it be the stegosaur or the megaraptorid this time around? I think it might be the stegosaur considering the recent streak of herbivores. I'm just hyped to see both, it's likely I'll be interested in them.

I would also like to see more releases by Haolonggood throughout the year.

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on May 26, 2023, 11:41:29 PMLooking forward to the next reveal... maybe next week or the following? Will it be the stegosaur or the megaraptorid this time around? I think it might be the stegosaur considering the recent streak of herbivores. I'm just hyped to see both, it's likely I'll be interested in them.

I would also like to see more releases by Haolonggood throughout the year.
I also would assume it to be the Stegosaur, then the possible Megaraptorid as a final for a while.

A nice Kentrosaurus would be great.

SidB

Quote from: Remko on May 26, 2023, 02:44:29 PMI received Nasutoceratops, Tianzhenosaurus and Pentaceratops last week.
According to the box, all figures are 1:35th scale.
But after watching dinodragon's reviews, every single figure scales aout to be around 1:25th.

This is unfortunate, as I would really like proper 1:35th figures for my collection. And the company should market them correctly, but we see this more often. ITOY's Paraceratherium is also listed at 1:35th scale, but is actually more closely 1:20th scale.

Still beautiful figures, and I love them in my collection. But it would be better if the given scale also matched the animal.

Then again, now they all scale nicelyto Rebor's Deinosuchus which is also around 1:25th scale, for a 11,25 meter individual.
Over the years I've watched the "standard" size of dinosaur collectibles gradually creep upwards, from 1/45 Invictas to 1/40 scale Carnegies and Battats, then to 1/35 and now, under the rubric of 1/35, more and more 1/25's .  It seems that the trend is to bigger figures with the increase in detail that this implies. I don't think that it would happen without the general tacit approval of collectors and others. Bigger and more detailed with better paint apps.

Prehistory Resurrection

SidB

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on April 24, 2023, 09:19:18 PMDid I see that this Pentaceratops is 24 cm long? Why is it so big?
Definitely a trend towards larger and larger figures - 1/25 seems to be the new 1/35. Size and the associated level of detail sells, especially when combined with reasonable pricing , as Haolonggood indicates.Gone, gone are the days of 1/45 and 1/40 scale 'standard' figures. Seems that 1/35 may be on the way out too, at least de facto.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on April 23, 2023, 12:54:52 AMFor anyone that doesn't have facebook:
Edit: Scratch that, I didn't see avatar_Nyrorosaurus @Nyrorosaurus image(s). Here are more added though.

Has anyone seen this variant for sale anywhere?

Remko

Quote from: SidB on May 27, 2023, 01:33:35 PMHas anyone seen this variant for sale anywhere?

Isn't that just a custom paint using the umpainted figure that came with the first run?

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on April 26, 2023, 05:03:07 PMGot my green Ouranosaurus back from Martin. Love this figure! My copy had rather faint stripes originally so I asked Martin to help me emphasise them a bit more. Of course there's the added thumb spikes too.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy, I noticed that Martin has left the manus with two digits in contact with the ground, instead of three. Is that correct? I thought that Ouranosaurus had five digits, being somewhat basal, two retracted and three weight-bearing. Am I wrong?

ceratopsian

No I haven't S @SidB.  Maybe Remko is correct. I saw something a while back on Facebook by Paleofiguras that implied it was a new Haolonggood colour scheme. But maybe it wasn't after all.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: