News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Bread on July 23, 2023, 02:55:19 PM
Quote from: Sim on July 22, 2023, 09:24:40 PMI received the following today:

1. PNSO Machairoceratops.  Because of its open cheekless mouth I thought this figure looked hideous at first, but things can change with time.  I now have no problem with it and I'm happy to have it.
Has there been any change in the color scheme/paint application with this model compared to early renditions of it? Also, congratulations on all the acquisitions!
Thanks Bread! :)  There's been no change with the Machairoceratops.  Was there a change you were hoping for?

Bread

Quote from: Sim on July 23, 2023, 07:51:20 PM
Quote from: Bread on July 23, 2023, 02:55:19 PM
Quote from: Sim on July 22, 2023, 09:24:40 PMI received the following today:

1. PNSO Machairoceratops.  Because of its open cheekless mouth I thought this figure looked hideous at first, but things can change with time.  I now have no problem with it and I'm happy to have it.
Has there been any change in the color scheme/paint application with this model compared to early renditions of it? Also, congratulations on all the acquisitions!
Thanks Bread! :)  There's been no change with the Machairoceratops.  Was there a change you were hoping for?
Colorscheme/application being updated. Maybe a better wash or just a better matte finish. I've always wanted this model, too. Especially now to go with the Lythronax, but the paint has always been a miss for me. Really it's a backburner repaint for me too. But thank you for the information Sim!

Roselaar

Big haul today, thanks to the latest Smyths Toys store opening in the country having a much better stock than the previous two. Finally some sublines available in the Netherlands!

Cretaceous Crab

Unfortunately, Flickr is being difficult so I don't have pictures.

I ordered the Mattel Orkoraptor and it arrived today. I feel like I may write a review on it [dibs!], as it is the first megaraptorid to enter my entire collection.

I also scored the Legacy Collection Kitchen set at Target, as it was on clearance for only $6.

*BTW, if I hadn't gotten it a couple years ago, I would have picked up the LC Ford Explorer set, as it also was on clearance for only $15 (down from its initial $50).

Fembrogon

My Edmontonias arrived from Lana Time yesterday - they're a delight in hand!
Both versions have very good paint apps, but the blue is my favorite. the red looks a little too uniform in contrast, at a glance.

Carnoking

Bilinski Brontosaurus thunderin' onto the shelves!

We've been pretty spoiled for choice when it comes to "lifelike" models over the past few years but I gotta say, this is without a doubt the most realistic model in my collection, and it's easily another crown jewel.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on July 22, 2023, 09:24:40 PM4. BotM Protoceratops hellenikorhinus.  At first I thought I only wanted the three 1:18 dromaeosaurids.  Then I thought I only wanted to add the 1:18 Protoceratops andrewsi.  Now I've got the P. hellenikorhinus too and I want the 1:18 Psittacosaurus as well.  Hopefully I'll get the Psittacosaurus when the Safari Citipati is in stock again.  The lower jaw of my P. hellenikorhinus didn't move at first but after persevering it finally moved.  I love these small BotM figures, I hope many more species are made!

I'm really hoping that some of the little guys that were originally slated for the Kickstarter (Cerasinops, Leptoceratops, etc.) are made.

That Brontosaurus is incredible. It isn't the sort of thing I usually go for, at least not with dinosaurus sensu stricto, but it's sorely tempting.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SenSx

I also received Bilinski Brontosaurus, maybe the most beautiful figure in my collection.

However I'm a bit nitpick, and mine has a slight mark on the left eye, and I wonder if it's only mine or if they are all like that.
Does yours have the same thing Carnoking ?

Roselaar

Another lovely JP/JW haul arrived today!:

Carnoking

Quote from: SenSx on July 27, 2023, 10:40:28 AMI also received Bilinski Brontosaurus, maybe the most beautiful figure in my collection.

However I'm a bit nitpick, and mine has a slight mark on the left eye, and I wonder if it's only mine or if they are all like that.

Hm, I'm not seeing any marks on my eyes.

SenSx

Quote from: Carnoking on July 27, 2023, 03:56:54 PM
Quote from: SenSx on July 27, 2023, 10:40:28 AMI also received Bilinski Brontosaurus, maybe the most beautiful figure in my collection.

Hm, I'm not seeing any marks on my eyes.

It's just mine then :/

I had the impression Andy's Dinosaur's model also had that.

Sim

I've acquired the following:

1. Haolonggood grey Edmontonia.  I was expecting it to be a good figure, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was!  It's amazing!  And beautiful.  I am so happy with it!  Out of all of Haolonggood's figures, I think the thyreophorans are my favourites.  I hope Haolonggood makes more of them!

2. Haolonggood corrected green Ouranosaurus.  It's bigger than I expected!  I like it!

SidB

The brown version of the HLG Edmontonia has joined my collections as of today, joining his beautiful sister. I find the subtilties of the paint job pleasing. It's not a monotonous monochrome.

He's found a temporary home on the spinosaurid shelf, but the occupants seem to want to have nothing to do with him. If this continues, he may ask for a transfer.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Sim on July 28, 2023, 09:00:58 PM2. Haolonggood corrected green Ouranosaurus.  It's bigger than I expected!  I like it!

Looking forward to closer comparison images!

Primeval12

3D Printed and painted this Austroraptor at work. I refuse to buy the Mattel one and am mad that it is the only commercially produced Austroraptor on the market.

My design is based on Scuttle from the new Little Mermaid movie (aka the Northern gannet). I'm still a beginner at painting hahaha.

Faelrin

What a beautiful paint job on a great sculpt. It honestly is a shame Austroraptor doesn't have more figures, perhaps more so after showing up in Prehistoric Planet.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

JimoAi

Got a Bandai Ball python and decided to give it a makeover to represent a Madtsoia snake. Colors are simplistic but IG it works well for a relatively large predator

EmperorDinobot

Someone should review the Bilinski Brontosaurus. I really want that, but I'm gonna save up for BOTM stuff, and for some unreleased protos I found. Anywho, this was my haul before the lidocaine overdose, and the ER visit because of the osteomyelitis. Late May and early June, I think.

I have acquired many more animals since, of course, and I'll show them off later.

need4swede

What an absolute unit. Congrats to all of you who scored one of these beauties!
- Swede

Roselaar

Picked up a varied little bunch at my dinosaur dealer the other day:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: