News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

I will get this instead of the Torvo and call it Torvo
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SenSx

Maybe PNSO will finally make smaller size dinosaurs again ?

Such as Ceratosaurus and Herrerasaurus...

Flaffy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on August 13, 2023, 01:34:03 PMI will get this instead of the Torvo and call it Torvo

"You would be forgiven for thinking the left skull is what Torvosaurus looked like. This was a popular reconstruction that still pops up a lot today. However, more complete finds are reflected in reconstructions like the one on the right..." - Taylor McCoy (@TM9380)

Samrukia

could someone post the pictures here?

lovely model, goes to my wishlist

Flaffy

Very very glad the actual reconstruction deviates from that... questionable skeletal. Though this does make me wish that its english companion the Iguanodon followed in the same vein, still can't get over what is clearly a Mantellisaurus skull on an Iguanodon body.

Will be picking this one up once available, CollectA's version pales in comparison and will be replaced shortly.

Bread

Alright so I guess it is no longer the wave of Tyrannosaurs. I am glad to see Megalosaurus get more attention, and I am glad to have skipped on CollectA's.

My only issue is still the lack of lips... The overbite is what bothers me here.

Carnoking

Now that is certainly a welcome surprise.

SenSx

Quote from: Bread on August 13, 2023, 02:02:40 PMAlright so I guess it is no longer the wave of Tyrannosaurs. I am glad to see Megalosaurus get more attention, and I am glad to have skipped on CollectA's.

My only issue is still the lack of lips... The overbite is what bothers me here.

Of course, but it will get the added lips treatment as the other PNSO on my side.

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on August 13, 2023, 02:10:37 PM
Quote from: Bread on August 13, 2023, 02:02:40 PMAlright so I guess it is no longer the wave of Tyrannosaurs. I am glad to see Megalosaurus get more attention, and I am glad to have skipped on CollectA's.

Of course, but it will get the added lips treatment as the other PNSO on my side.
Same for me, but it's always disappointing to see this become a continuous outcome. Oh well... at least I get to support my go-to artist.

suspsy

This is the ninth new release from PNSO this year and they've all been theropods. I wonder if #10 will finally shatter that trend?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

I'm not replacing my CollectA one. That figure is extremely underrated in my opinion.

Stegotyranno420

Way better than Collecta. Doing justice for such a classic.

Even the teeth fits the region ;)

thomasw100

PNSO should now rename itself as manufacturer of Theropod figures only. Last year a nice mix of different groups, this year just one group. As if there were no other dinosaur group at all. I am now really worried that they will just produce theropods the entire year or even foreever. Feels like the 5-year plan now meticulously being followed. So frustrating. They just do not care at all about enthusiasts of sauropods and ornithischians any more. For me this company is dead for me as long as they do not produce more variety again. This means more market share for Haolonggood for sure.

thomasw100

Quote from: suspsy on August 13, 2023, 02:24:04 PMThis is the ninth new release from PNSO this year and they've all been theropods. I wonder if #10 will finally shatter that trend?

I do not think so. They are now following exactly the 5 year plan it seems.

Halichoeres

Another Nelson Muntz. Skip.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Thank goodness for Haolonggood and CollectA. Most of the ornithischians have been from them this year, especially the former.

Very few non dinosaurs this year though. Some from CollectA, Paleozoo (the bulk), Papo, etc.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Chasmosaurus

I think it's a question of time.
We just have to be patient. Eventually, they'll run out of new theropod species. I can't wait to see sauropods or prehistoric sharks.
It also avoids PNSO and Haolonggood being in direct competition. That way, there's something for everyone.
Plus, if all these theropod figurines sell well, they'll have more budgets to take the risk of representing less popular and strange species like they did with the Atopodentatus.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Pliosaurking

Wow that's a unexpected release, and a very pleasant one at that!

Carnoking

I'm getting my ceratopsian, theyreophoran, and sauropod fix from other companies. Even if we know PNSO excels in those groups as well, companies like HAOLONGGOOD are slowly but surely giving them a run for their money. As far as I'm concerned though, no one is yet on PNSO's level when it comes to making therapods, question of lips notwithstanding. I'm happy to see whatever they got on that front.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'll probably be getting this one. I don't have a Megalosaurus except for Earl. He can stand next to my jaw replica.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: