News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

SpartanSquat

This is really nice!
Doug you did freedy krueger fellah?

Jose S.M.

That's a pretty good way to end the dinosaur reveals. I guess I don't need to over spent in the PNSO one since this is a worthy option.

Dilopho

Now this so so welcome
What an awesome looking sculpt! And it's good to see four toes on the ground

Faelrin

Color me pleasantly surprised. Nice to see another accurate Therizinosaurus on the market. The coloration is very nice.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

Wow! Ending the reveals on a high note. I think I like this one better than PNSO's which is good since it won't cost nearly as much. What a fantastic year for Safari!

EmperorDinobot

Carnoking

That's the easy winner of the year for me! And potentially the strongest figure from Safari in recent memory🤔

Stegotyranno420

Awesome, it actually feels like safari again. 2017 style feathered dinosaurs.
I have to say this is an instance where i prefer safaris to pnso.
Hope it shows up in Michaels, I feel as if this one will be very marketable

Skorpio V.

LOOK AT THE CLAWSSS!! INSANE sculpt and paint gradient to them. Slam dunk.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Concavenator

S @Shane Would you know how big will it be?

Pretty sure Doug did this one. It is very lovely. Hooray for more feathered dinosaurs, too!

I also said this when PNSO announced their Therizinosaurus, but I'm not sure it will fit in my collection, because I tend not to collect figures of fragmentary animals. Would I be waiting forever if I'm saying I'm hoping for a better known therizinosaur like Falcarius to get made? I'd like to have a more derived therizinosaur in my collection (I only have Carnegie's Beipiaosaurus), should I give Therizinosaurus a go after all?

It's often said Therizinosaurus is unique among theropods, but that's not really true, what are unique are therizinosaurs themselves. Therizinosaurus is simply a generic therizinosaur (yes, the biggest and most famous, but these are not very relevant factors to me). To give an example, it would be a bit like Zhuchengtyrannus in Tyrannosauridae (not totally equivalent, though).

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I think I also prefer this Safari version to PNSO's, probably because the proportions look a bit more believable to me. The colors look nicer to me as well. Though both aspects are subjective as 1) we don't know its proportions 2) color preferences are subjective.

SidB

Quote from: Skorpio V. on August 26, 2023, 02:07:50 AMLOOK AT THE CLAWSSS!! INSANE sculpt and paint gradient to them. Slam dunk.
Seems so! Very impressive. I just hope that it's no smaller than 1/35.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on August 26, 2023, 02:34:01 AM
Quote from: Skorpio V. on August 26, 2023, 02:07:50 AMLOOK AT THE CLAWSSS!! INSANE sculpt and paint gradient to them. Slam dunk.
Seems so! Very impressive. I just hope that it's no smaller than 1/35.

Agreed. It's a beautiful model, but I hope it is not as tiny as their Deinocheirus.

Pachyrhinosaurus

It looks great! Easily the best of Safari's prehistoric lineup this year! The paint detail in the brown feathers as well as the brown accents on the feet really put it above the other 2023 figures for me. The colors remind me of a blue-footed booby.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

bmathison1972

This is a freaking awesome Therizinosaurus. But, I bought PNSO's and I see no need to replace it so soon.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on August 26, 2023, 01:28:28 AMTherizinosaurus!

I can't stop staring at it... So great that they got the feet sculpted correctly, even though it seems like a tripod.

Hope it's close to 1:35 scale too, imagine putting this guy next to PNSO's!

Pliosaurking

What a fantastic reveal!

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Quiversaurus on August 26, 2023, 03:37:18 AMI can't stop staring at it... So great that they got the feet sculpted correctly, even though it seems like a tripod.

Hope it's close to 1:35 scale too, imagine putting this guy next to PNSO's!
It does look like a tripod but one of those tripods that can be implemented and still look naturally posed. Like Safari's Coelophysis (even though my Coelophysis stands without tail support)

thedeadlymoose

Love this. Great, striking figure.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: