You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Scientific Research - New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 08, 2022, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

That's a point, avatar_Bread @Bread , every time any post goes up here, I keep hoping that it's some one making a firm announcement. It can get frustrating for sure.

Concavenator

Quote from: Bread on June 22, 2023, 07:27:29 PMThere are plenty of us here who will post anything Eofauna says regarding the model(s). Till then, can this thread be refrain from posting?

Hopefully... every time I click on this topic I'm hoping to see some announcement...

suspsy

Once there is something new to report about the T. rex, it will be posted here. Guaranteed.

Until then, there is absolutely no point in anyone complaining.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

jc_4130

The reason Eofauna has a great reputation is because they take their time. Expectations for this one are extraordinarily high so they can't afford not to nail it.  IMO the only mistake they made was teasing it so early...

SRF

I wonder how much resources Eofauna is even willing to spend on their Tyrannosaurus right now. They first announced it as a T. Imperator after the paper on three Tyrannosaurus species came out. When that paper received some heavy criticism Eofauna also had to rebrand their T. Imperator as Tyrannosaurus Sue, but they never called it a T. Rex. Maybe because they weren't willing to release a T. Rex in the first place?
But today, I'm just being father

Samrukia

Eofauna team is in process for Sue  ^-^

Halichoeres

"The Ornithischian book is much more complicated than the previous ones!"

No kidding! Easily the most morphologically diverse of the three dinosaur clades, and with unstable taxonomy due to being relatively understudied.

On the Sue model, since Greg Paul was a collaborator with Larramendi on the "Bruhathkaysaurus" paper, and also the lead author on the "T. imperator" paper, and given the skeptical reception of the latter among paleontologists, I wonder if EoFauna is having a hard time deciding what to do when it comes to naming the figure. Pure speculation on my part.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Well I hope Paul is right this time. It would be awesome to have such titans

Over9K

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 27, 2023, 07:31:25 PM"The Ornithischian book is much more complicated than the previous ones!"

No kidding! Easily the most morphologically diverse of the three dinosaur clades, and with unstable taxonomy due to being relatively understudied.

On the Sue model, since Greg Paul was a collaborator with Larramendi on the "Bruhathkaysaurus" paper, and also the lead author on the "T. imperator" paper, and given the skeptical reception of the latter among paleontologists, I wonder if EoFauna is having a hard time deciding what to do when it comes to naming the figure. Pure speculation on my part.

Didn't they release their Triceratops as an "unnamed species"?

They could do similar for the new figure, call it Tyrannosaurus sp.?

Over9K

Here's a ?

EoFauna offers "Skull Casts" on their website, with very scant information. Material is said to be "epoxy putty", and they offer any species.

They don't say whether these are 1:1 skulls, or scaled down.

Anyone know any more about these? Costs? Scale?

Anyone got one?

EDIT: Found more info. Thier T.rex skull is 1:2 scale and $2700 depending on the € to $ exchange rate.

SRF

Quote from: Over9K on June 28, 2023, 12:40:55 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 27, 2023, 07:31:25 PM"The Ornithischian book is much more complicated than the previous ones!"

That's because their Triceratops is based on a specimen called Yoshi's Trike, which is a transitional form between T. Horridus and T. Prorsus. As it stands right now, Sue is a T. Rex and not a different unnamed species of Tyrannosaurus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Over9K on June 28, 2023, 12:40:55 AM

Maybe. I'm not sure that would solve the problem of trying not to offend a more-senior collaborator (which, again, I am merely speculating is actually a problem).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

JimoAi

So the rex would be due at least next year if I'm not wrong?

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on May 30, 2023, 01:20:31 PMAs much as I'm getting increasingly eager to see what Eofauna comes up with, rex-wise, I think that I'm every bit as curious as to what they plan to introduce in the way of their annual proboscidian. IMO, whatever they reveal will be welcome.

The anticipation for the '24 Trunky Buddy reveal is HIGH.

Flaffy

I've always found Eofauna's proboscideans to be stronger figures than their dinosaurs. So I'm very excited to see what they have lined up for us next year.

Moreover, they're the only company that still regularly produces anything other than ye ol' standard woolly mammoth. TNG's been MIA for a while now in terms of more mammals so idk.

edu

Quote from: JimoAi on September 05, 2023, 05:43:40 AMSo the rex would be due at least next year if I'm not wrong?

As far as i know, we don't have a clue. It could come in 2025, who knows. I think we have to look at Eofauna in a different way than others. It seems to be a tiny business working from Spain, a far away place from the production center, China. Things have to be a lot more difficult to them! Besides, toys is just a part of their business.

TheImmortalEye

Man still no update...i dont get it im pretty sure they could def use the Money a rex would provide. Why they delaying it this much with no updates to keep the hype up.

SRF

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on September 05, 2023, 06:40:59 PMMan still no update...i dont get it im pretty sure they could def use the Money a rex would provide. Why they delaying it this much with no updates to keep the hype up.

To Eofauna, producing figures isn't their core business like it is for PNSO, Safari and other brands. Since they are mainly a scientific research, selling figures isn't their main source of income, so they'll be less focussed on hyping up their Tyrannosaurus figure and the whole marketing surrounding it.

Concavenator

I think it would be best not to create "Eofauna - New for X year" threads, regardless of them posting advances, until they show a finished figure and explicitly mention it is due for release at a given time. Meanwhile, I think the discussions could take place at the Eofauna general thread instead.

Same goes for Wild Past too. There is also the "Wild Past - New for 2023" thread and we don't even know if they will end up releasing any figures this year.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: