News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Wally-217 on October 21, 2023, 01:27:05 AMI'd really love to see Haolonggood take a crack at some pseudosuchians. Sillosuchus at least is in the right size range and is sorely lacking any representation. Desmatosuchus is in a similar range to some of their Thyreophorans. Fasolasuchus and maybe even a phytosaur like Smilosuchus if they're not too small. I'd also second a good prosauropod.

Some croc-y things would be great!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Paleofiguras posted this pic of the alleged 1:20 resin version of the Dilophosaurus:

I think that's a reference to the Sideshow version. It's a pity the standing one has its tongue sticking out like that, dinosaurs couldn't do that, yet it's something that is usually done because it makes the dinosaurs look "cool".

Paleofiguras says the beautifully painted one we saw might be the PVC version. In that sense, the closed mouth would be an advantage since it wouldn't have the inaccurate, sticking out tongue, but I would be surprised if it was lipless after the lipped Daspletosaurus (and also because it's been some months now since we knew it was coming). Anyways, I hope the Dilophosaurus (and the Megaraptor) will be well worth the wait.

Sim

That Dilophosaurus set looks great, but I'm waiting for the 1:35 version.  It's true a lot of dinosaurs are believed to have been unable to lift their tongues, but the study that found that said that ornithischians, birds and the closest relatives of birds could move their tongues.  I've even seen birds do that.

CarnotaurusKing

If they're still taking suggestions, I'd like to see a Corythosaurus (or Hypacrosaurus), Anchiceratops, Agujaceratops, Maiasaura, Brachylophosaurus, and/or Scolosaurus. Really any new ornithischians are fine by me.

EuropaSuchus

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on October 27, 2023, 10:33:22 PMIf they're still taking suggestions, I'd like to see a Corythosaurus (or Hypacrosaurus), Maiasaura, Brachylophosaurus.
Yes, we need more sauroplophine hadrosaurids. It's usually only Edmont being made nowadays. Also, I would like to see Hypacrosaurus too, with all its humpbacked, buffalo-spined beauty, and Corythosaurus without giant head and size of T. rex (you know about who I am talking).

Baryonyx

Sorry to repeat but for suggestions I agree Corythosaurus/Hypacrosaurus), Saurolophus, Maiasaura, Brachylophosaurus/Kritosaurus,  Lambeosaurus Magnicristatus would be fantastic (there aren't any models of it)- anything other than Parasaurolophus!
Muttaburrasaurus, Dryosaurus (maybe too small)
Tenontosaurus, camptosaurus
Small sauropods like Europasaurus
Chasmosaurus  ;)

I have a feeling we may see maisaura, as so far many of the original Battat species have been made by Haolongood  8) at least I cross my fingers

thomasw100

Large Sauropod, possibly Alamosaurus, coming soon. This picture was posted by Paleofiguras (I wonder from where he gets these leaks and prototype photos):

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: thomasw100 on October 28, 2023, 03:09:00 PMLarge Sauropod, possibly Alamosaurus, coming soon. This picture was posted by Paleofiguras (I wonder from where he gets these leaks and prototype photos):

Pretty sure too that is an Alamosaurus. Even their depictions on the web show their front limbs being that high, compared to Paleofiguras' guess on being an Argentinosaurus. Maybe someone have an educated guess based on the proportions. At least by the osteoderms present in the row model, it should be a Titanosaurid.
The post is from Instagram. Haolonggood has an account there too, but since the Dacentrurus fan photos they hadn't post any update until now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hope it's the long rumored Almaosaurus, it's a must buy.

postsaurischian

:D  Another sauropod from HAOLONGGOOD - I love their surprises.

SidB

Sauropods must be working out for HLG financially. They had originally mentioned what a big risk for them these were.

EuropaSuchus

Certainly looks like an Alamosaurus. I hope it's decent size. Titanosaurs should be big.

EuropaSuchus

Quote from: SidB on October 28, 2023, 10:10:42 PMSauropods must be working out for HLG financially. They had originally mentioned what a big risk for them these were.
I wonder, is it only applies to big sauropod taxa? I doubt small sauropods like Nigersaurus or Bajadasaurus would be selling worse than their other herbivores.

Cretaceous Crab

I would welcome any sauropods that aren't one of the "Jurassic classics" (Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Diplodocus, Camarosaurus)

SidB

Quote from: EuropaSuchus on October 28, 2023, 10:52:50 PM
Quote from: SidB on October 28, 2023, 10:10:42 PMSauropods must be working out for HLG financially. They had originally mentioned what a big risk for them these were.
I wonder, is it only applies to big sauropod taxa? I doubt small sauropods like Nigersaurus or Bajadasaurus would be selling worse than their other herbivores.
Agreed - it's the really large ones that would pose the greater risk.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on October 29, 2023, 01:35:39 AMI would welcome any sauropods that aren't one of the "Jurassic classics" (Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Diplodocus, Camarosaurus)

Hoping to see a Barosaurus from some brand soon.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: SidB on October 29, 2023, 02:51:20 AM
Quote from: EuropaSuchus on October 28, 2023, 10:52:50 PM
Agreed - it's the really large ones that would pose the greater risk.
I imagine the success of their smaller figures does help pad the risk somewhat, gives them some room for error.

vampiredesign

^-^ There are many things that need to be tried, accumulate more experience. There is definitely a risk. But compared to hobbies, be brave.Surprises keep coming!

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on October 29, 2023, 10:16:23 AM^-^ There are many things that need to be tried, accumulate more experience. There is definitely a risk. But compared to hobbies, be brave.Surprises keep coming!

I like your surprises a lot. I very much appreciate that Haolonggood is producing sauropods in 1:35 scale.

thomasw100

Quote from: SidB on October 29, 2023, 02:51:20 AMI wonder, is it only applies to big sauropod taxa? I doubt small sauropods like Nigersaurus or Bajadasaurus would be selling worse than their other herbivores.

There are many examples of smaller sauropod species that would deserve a good model. Examples in addition to what you mentioned would be Shunosaurus, Saltasaurus, Europasaurus, Sonidosaurus, Isisaurus, Bonitasaura.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: