News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

This thing had better be revolutionary
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 13, 2023, 10:42:41 PMThis thing had better be revolutionary
I was really excited back in the early part of this  year about this prospective release, and I'm still looking forward to it (though I'm more interested in a new {hopefully} proboscidian from them. I had been hoping for one with an unarticulated jaw, so the word that it would be articulated took a little bit of wind out of the sail for me. Then, on the advise of avatar_Bread @Bread , I had a Cameron sent to Bravo Models to get "lipped". So I think that it will my ultimate rex. Still, I expect that I'll be purchasing the Eofauna one when it becomes available, as I'm a fan of their products. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and it will top Cameron.

SenSx

Yep I'm just waiting for the Eofauna Rex reveal to know if I have to send my PNSO rex to get lips or not.
Which will be better ?

Bread

Quote from: SidB on November 20, 2023, 12:00:29 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 13, 2023, 10:42:41 PMThis thing had better be revolutionary
I was really excited back in the early part of this  year about this prospective release, and I'm still looking forward to it (though I'm more interested in a new {hopefully} proboscidian from them. I had been hoping for one with an unarticulated jaw, so the word that it would be articulated took a little bit of wind out of the sail for me. Then, on the advise of avatar_Bread @Bread , I had a Cameron sent to Bravo Models to get "lipped". So I think that it will my ultimate rex. Still, I expect that I'll be purchasing the Eofauna one when it becomes available, as I'm a fan of their products. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and it will top Cameron.
Glad to hear about some more lips done up by these artist. Can't wait to see it too! Congrats SidB!

Quote from: SenSx on November 20, 2023, 01:01:09 PMYep I'm just waiting for the Eofauna Rex reveal to know if I have to send my PNSO rex to get lips or not.
Which will be better ?
To be honest, this would really come down to your criteria of preferences.

I've been told by numerous collectors and artist who work on Cameron the Tyrannosaurus, that the figure is just generally impressive. The bulk and overall build resembles Tyrannosaurus rex.

We don't know how the eofauna will be really. It could be everything everyone wanted, which I think it will somewhat be.

However, I'd argue that if you're willing to make Cameron the Tyrannosaurus your ideal Tyrannosaurus, I'd say go for it. Arguably this really comes down to how much money you're willing to spend on a model.

Halichoeres

I can't wait for the reveal just so we can move on to a more interesting release!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Quiversaurus

Well Eofauna is sponsoring a dig in the Kem Kem beds, looking for more bones of Spinosaurus - imagine if they follow up their T.rex with a true 1:35 Spino...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid035H45a49HGzvtuffBxHJ8dUUTPM7zKmwVBB8cHuEGssvcHYu3kPKc6A9LVtCWsdAol&id=100063654544219&mibextid=2JQ9oc

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 21, 2023, 02:47:08 AMI can't wait for the reveal just so we can move on to a more interesting release!
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm hoping that the subsequent reveal will be another Cenozoic elephant.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on November 21, 2023, 12:33:27 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 21, 2023, 02:47:08 AMI can't wait for the reveal just so we can move on to a more interesting release!
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm hoping that the subsequent reveal will be another Cenozoic elephant.

More basal proboscideans would be swell. Literal goldmine of unique genera.

Pinbacker

Quote from: Flaffy on November 21, 2023, 01:02:51 PM
Quote from: SidB on November 21, 2023, 12:33:27 PM

More basal proboscideans would be swell. Literal goldmine of unique genera.

Indeed, and a nearly untapped goldmine at that. Eofauna's Cenozoic proboscideans are top notch, and they have little to no competition. Their dinosaurus have been fine (especially their excellent Atlasaurus), but they mostly fall behind PNSO and Haolonggood. I think if Eofauna sticks to Cenozoic mammals, everyone wins.

Duna

You forgot to add this, there will be news of the tyrannosaurus soon ...  :o

Concavenator

It's interesting they're involved in that expedition. Hopefully more material is found. Finding an intact sail would be particularly helpful.

Quote from: Quiversaurus on November 21, 2023, 11:07:56 AMimagine if they follow up their T.rex with a true 1:35 Spino...

Oh boy, what a dream nightmare!  ;D Jokes aside, Spinosaurus is literally that one dinosaur I would like Eofauna to avoid. Considering how far and between Eofauna releases each new figure and that they strive for scientific accuracy, it would be a huge shame if, after who knows how much time, they announce a new Spinosaurus figure just for it to become outdated shortly after as a result of newly found material. And yeah, someone may come and say: "well, that's the beauty of paleontology, reconstructions get outdated and this shows how much our knowledge advances". Ok, but if you're a collector who, instead of just getting a bunch of pretty-looking figures, also wants them to be up-to-date, an outdated one is going to bother you. I also know literally any prehistoric animal depiction can become outdated at any time, but naturally, the more fragmentary the creature in question is, the more likely it's for it to become outdated, as simple as that. This is why I think Eofauna in particular should stick to species we have a solid understanding of.

Quote from: Pinbacker on November 21, 2023, 02:33:34 PMTheir dinosaurus have been fine (especially their excellent Atlasaurus), but they mostly fall behind PNSO and Haolonggood.

I don't want to start a debate about comparing companies. I already said this once, but every single company has their own style, and they all have their prons and their cons. I don't agree with that statement at all. In my opinion, Eofauna's dinosaurs are the best on the market and are just every bit as good as their proboscideans. Even though proboscideans are apparently meant to be their specialty, to me they are the least exciting offerings, simply because it's the group I find least interesting out of the ones they focus on. More Eofauna dinosaurs, please!

Sim

I have no interest in pretty much all mammals, so I'd like Eofauna to make more dinosaurs.  I too would also like Eofauna to avoid making Spinosaurus.

Concavenator

I think it is VERY likely the next sauropodomorph by Eofauna is going to be either Giraffatitan or Brachiosaurus:

- avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna outright says their favorite dinosaurs are Brachiosaurus (not made as a figure by them) and Triceratops(made).

- They produced a Brachiosaurus skull replica.

- They made a Giraffatitan skeletal.

- Giraffatitan is featured in one book of theirs' cover.

- Would increase the phylogenetic diversity in their sauropodomorph lineup, considering either of them are macronarians, in contrast to Atlasaurus (Basal Sauropoda) and Diplodocus (Diplodocoidea).

- They're popular and recognizable dinosaurs which don't have a lot of good options available. And Eofauna has been tackling very mainstream genera as of late (Triceratops, Diplodocus and Tyrannosaurus have been released one after another), so a Giraffatitan/Brachiosaurus wouldn't come off as some unexpected surprise.

- If they choose Brachiosaurus, it would be tempting to display it alongside the coeval Diplodocus. Especially because they would be in the same scale.

I would be very surprised if their next sauropodomorph proved NOT to be one of those two. If it will indeed be one of those, at least it will hopefully be Giraffatitan instead of Brachiosaurus, as, unlike the latter, the former is known from fairly complete remains. That way competition with Haolonggood would be avoided too, since Haolonggood is expected to release a (1:35) Brachiosaurus at some point. And in this case, I would expect Haolonggood to be the generally preferred option, due to being in 1:35 scale (as opposed to Eofauna's, which would be in 1:40 like the rest of their sauropods).

I also have a gut feeling they will be making a Columbian mammoth at some point (very requested species), as well as an Edmontosaurus, as I said before.

P.S. Just to make it clear, these aren't hopes on my part, just predictions. I'd rather they went for other sauropodomorph taxa (like Plateosaurus, Amargasaurus, Shunosaurus or even Apatosaurus), but I just think a Giraffatitan or Brachiosaurus is very likely. If it will be a Brachiosaurus, I definitely won't get it, which would be a shame, as I want to look forward to new Eofauna figures. I'm not interested in proboscideans either, and while I am indeed interested in Edmontosaurus, Haolonggood's and PNSO's versions are great already.

Jorgesaurus

If a  Brachiosaurus  wish also a stegosaurus ungulatus speficically Apex

suspsy

Brachiosaurus would be fine by me. The last truly good one was from the Carnegie Collection all the way back in 2012.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dusty Wren

I'm just over here, still hoping for an Eofauna Columbian mammoth.
Check out my customs thread!

GojiraGuy1954

I want a Brachiosaurus with the correct non-giraffatitan skull
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.