News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread’s Newly Acquired Customs

Started by Bread, August 29, 2022, 05:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Well, I gave a sneak peek of this custom some time ago in the PNSO's modifications and more thread.

Dinosaur_models_artworks has posted this project, so I will share it here. ;D

PNSO's Corythosaurus converted to a Saurolophus!

Colorscheme somewhat based on Blue Rhino Studio's Augustynolophus, which was very convenient at the time this model was being made.

I was unsure what exactly I wanted in terms of colorscheme. I almost even requested for Fred Wierum's Saurolophus colorscheme to be applied, or at least something similar.

But in the end I am glad dinosaur_models_artworks insisted on this approach. The colors will certainly stand out on my shelf, especially given hadrosaurs are nearly my favorite group of dinosaurs.

As usual, bravo to dinosaur_models_artworks! I can't thank him enough for continuously constructing these projects.
Hope everyone likes it, too! Thank you!

edu

Another incredible work by him.
I've checked your pictures against the unmodified corythosaurus, and it's incredible how just bulking up the neck seems to solve the slightly out of scale head.

Bread

Quote from: edu on December 21, 2023, 09:00:01 AMAnother incredible work by him.
I've checked your pictures against the unmodified corythosaurus, and it's incredible how just bulking up the neck seems to solve the slightly out of scale head.
Thank you!

Yes, this project was certainly difficult to really fix up the beautiful yet oddly proportioned Corythosaurus. Removing the crest and adding a bit of bulk solves this issue for sure, maybe the legs slightly need it, but this was answered once the figure was done.

Halichoeres

That looks pretty darn good.

Also, I didn't know Blue Rhino had done an Augustynolophus!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Saurolophus is mighty handsome!  A superb colour scheme.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 21, 2023, 02:28:10 PMThat looks pretty darn good.

Also, I didn't know Blue Rhino had done an Augustynolophus!
They did! It's actually quite neat, I live in California, and we only have two named dinosaurs, Augustynolophus being one of them. A local children's museum recently commissioned models of August and the other dinosaur, Aletopelta, from blue rhino for a dinosaur garden that I hope to visit soon!

postsaurischian

:D Now that's art! Probably my favourite piece of the ones you've shown so far. The Saurolophus is perfect! Envy >:(  ;D

Bread

Thank you everyone!

This is certainly one of my favorite pieces now and I am glad it not only praises dinosaur_models_artworks but brings light to other creations from Blue Rhino Studio's, too.

ceratopsian

I couldn't put it better, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian!

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 21, 2023, 07:35:07 PM:D Now that's art! Probably my favourite piece of the ones you've shown so far. The Saurolophus is perfect! Envy >:(  ;D

Dusty Wren

That Saurolophus is absolutely gorgeous, avatar_Bread @Bread. The color is eye-catching while still looking natural, and the new sculpting on the head is seamless with the rest of the model. Congrats on this one!

It also makes me appreciate the original sculpt from PNSO. Man, I wish they'd do more hadrosaurs.
Check out my customs thread!

Bread

Thank you again everyone!

And I agree avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren, it's been far too long now without a PNSO hadrosaur! I, as well as most likely others, would gladly favor a wave of hadrosaurs over large therapods...

Quiversaurus

I saw this on Instagram! A very beautiful Saurolophus indeed, the proportions are so pleasing to the eye.

Bread

I realized I've never addressed my current collection or collecting state this year. Originally I stated I would be strictly sticking to customs only being purchasable during the summer, but now as you can see we're in the winter and I've acquired a few more.

Well, I've really narrowed down not only my collection but my collecting habits as a whole. I think I've gotten it down to a simple assessment of my thoughts:

Think before I buy, and whether I want a custom model instead.

Just to elaborate, when a new figure debuts I consider purchasing it for a few days, and if I feel not so compelled to purchase it then I pass on it for the time being. Whether or not later I decide to purchase it is up in the air. Does not mean it's a bad figure in my eyes, but more so my own priorities.

I think I prefer the boldness of customs, based on repaints and my ideal look of a model. Heck, I've even went down the road to own "duplicates" of a model, with differences to the modifications.

I want to also note I'm trying to stick to bigger pieces, less tiny models as I've felt they were always hidden and not so apparent on my shelf despite being colorful.

I shared this in the recent acquisitions thread, but I'll go ahead and add this here:

As you can see, I did acquire the Haolonggood Tlatolophus, I found it to be an instant purchase, especially being part of the hadrosaur family. A favorite group of mine.

Here's some quick Zhuchengtyrannus Tyrannosaurus pictures. No, there won't be a juvenile Tyrannosaurus added due to again not necessary small figures to be placed on my shelf.

Thank you.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Stunning! I absolutely love the Saurolophus. It turned out so beautifully  :o

Bread

Some WIP models done by artbyanz:

Bread

Just more photos, not the best for showing the beautiful detail of not only the paint jobs but the detail too!

Lips were added to both the Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus. Albertosaurus also has a bit of the crest lengthened and a touch of more red too.

Bread

Some projects have arrived!

These three were all done by Art by Anz, you can find her on instagram. She's fantastic! Super accomplished and great to work with. I always enjoy contacting her for more repaints :))

First up, another PNSO Torosaurus.

I previously had a repaint with a purple colorscheme. I got somewhat bored of it and parted ways with it. This time, I wanted something more closer to represent darker tones, especially more plausible colorscheme, yet still complex. Some may recognize its based on Saurian's Triceratops.

Another PNSO Cameron the Tyrannosaurus.

This was certainly a "I see artwork, I want that colorscheme on a figure" kind of commission. Colorscheme is based on Tyrannosaurus mcraensis by Sergei Krasinski. Looking back now, I think this colorscheme could have worked better on something else, it was just impulse decision to do it on another lipped Cameron. But I still quite like it.

Comparisons with dinosaur_models_artworks are included too.

*Speaking of which* I am considering parting ways with both Chuckwalla rexes to free up some space on my limited space shelf. If anyone is interested, they will be for sold together at a price of $250, with free shipping, or best offer. Only shipping to U.S.A, just send me a private message if interested.

Saved the best for last...

"A male, a buck only. How and why are my business."

Nanmu's Tyrannosaurus "Buck" modified nose ridges and repaint to closely match TLW!

I've been a fan of the lost world since I was young. I watched the original first, but then this struck me as the favorite of the two, in fact the entire franchise this film sits at the top for me. Roland Tembo being my favorite character plus his goal to hunt and kill the Buck, my movie-monster favorite.

Initially I was a big fan of the Nanmu Buck, it was nearly perfect and I kind of wanted to take the best step to achieve perfection. Art by Anz was determined to fulfill this for me ;D

Nose Ridges were shortened to closely resemble the animatronic, not the digital render that's been going around. Scars were added, and I may have forgot to mention 1 is possibly missing, but I felt that having at least the one side done to resemble that glimpse you see when the Buck is next to the trailer was more necessary, so it doesn't bother me lacking 1 scar on the other side. And of course the colorscheme, I felt Nanmu was missing the iconic orange tone that is scene on the actual animatronic.

Ikessauro

Wow, those look really good! I specially like the Torosaurus frill pattern, quite unique and different from the usual "eye spots" most painters apply

TooOldForDinosaurs

Wow! Congrats. The yellowish paint-scheme looks really good on Cameron, especially the bright face! Wonderful new additions. :)

Concavenator

Saurian's Trike has a wonderful color scheme, so no wonder that Torosaurus turned out beautifully.

If PNSO releases the rumoured Saurolophus, will you pick it up, since you own a pseudo PNSO Saurolophus already?  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: