News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's a bit longer than I thought, I figured march/April ah well gives one more time to save.

thomasw100

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on February 10, 2024, 01:44:38 AMHello there!

Quoting HaoLongGood's Weibo (微博) site, they've made clear a couple of things.

1. Edmontosaurus and Mamenchisaurus figures will be available till the beginning of May. Following a response inquiring about the release date which textually says: "预计五一前后吧。..."(Probably around May 1st).
2. Those figures are part of the mass produced ones. Citing again, they answered "是量产pvc的..." (it is mass produced PVC)

So far, so good, although I hope the release time to be nearer than they told us.
May the New Year of the Dragon roaar with luck and more surprises!  ;D

This expected release date is a different information compared to what Paleofiguras was posting in the comments of their Facebook thread. But this would fit quite well to the planned release of four large sauropods this year, with one figure being released every 3 months or so.

Pliosaurking

These both look phenomenal, they really stepped up their game!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 10, 2024, 09:08:52 AM

1. Edmontosaurus and Mamenchisaurus figures will be available till the beginning of May. Following a response inquiring about the release date which textually says: "预计五一前后吧。..."(Probably around May 1st).
2. Those figures are part of the mass produced ones. Citing again, they answered "是量产pvc的..." (it is mass produced PVC)

So far, so good, although I hope the release time to be nearer than they told us.

This expected release date is a different information compared to what Paleofiguras was posting in the comments of their Facebook thread. But this would fit quite well to the planned release of four large sauropods this year, with one figure being released every 3 months or so.

If May is the release date not the preorder date then we could see a preorder open next month?

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 10, 2024, 05:58:10 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on February 10, 2024, 09:08:52 AM

If May is the release date not the preorder date then we could see a preorder open next month?
It could be a reasonable time. Although I would wait until vampiredesign give us further details as soon as the spring festival holidays ends up and, if there's any, corrects any detail I brought in.

thomasw100

I have been looking again at the last posts of vampiredesign and there is two times explicit mentioning of new surprises after the New Year Holidays. Now for the Mamenchisaurus and Edmontosaurus a tentative release day in early May has been suggested. I would therefore interpret this in such a way that in March (the Holidays end on 28 February) some other figure(s) will be released that we do not even know about. Real surprises.

My feeling is that they give us early teasers for either the large expensive models like Alamosaurus and Mamenchisaurus or for those where there are competing offers from other companies like Edmontosaurus. This makes perfectly sense. The economic risks are quite high for the large sauropod models because of the high costs of investment (molds and material costs in particular) and so the earlier many people have this on their radar and save for this purchase the better.

Bread

Remember, we still have the Euoplocephalus!

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on February 11, 2024, 03:56:54 PMRemember, we still have the Euoplocephalus!

True, I had almost forgotten about it. And the Stegosaurus ungulatus as well. This duo would make for a brilliant start after the holidays.

Sim

I'm very much looking forward to the Haolonggood Euoplocephalus and Stegosaurus!

thomasw100

I would actually have one suggestion for Haolonggood. For some of their models they do already offer resin versions of their PVC models with much more elaborate paint application. But maybe an even better option would be if they would offer a limited edition of their PVC models with such a more elaborate paint application that one would be able to pre-order as soon as the standard model is released. Obviously this edition would come at a higher price. Take for example the Mamenchisaurus that was shown in the recent teaser images. The first pictures that emerged showed a highly detailed and elaborate paint application along the lines of what you typically get for resin models. Now the second batch of images showed a somewhat simpler paint scheme. I am pretty convinced that a considerable number of people would be ready to pay extra for the top of the line paint application.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Sim on February 11, 2024, 06:26:35 PMI'm very much looking forward to the Haolonggood Euoplocephalus and Stegosaurus!

Me too!!  (Oops :-[ )

> by the way, they're all in the 1st post of this thread.

thomasw100

I made an interesting observation on my Alamosaurus. For reference, I have the plain variant. When it first arrived and was taken out of the box, it appeared very dark and almost black rather than brown. I also noticed that it had a quite strong smell of paint initially. Now after little less than a week, the smell of paint is much less noticeable and the overall color seems to have brightened up. Perhaps it was packed rather quickly after it was painted and the paint had not dried out completely. And now some volatile components of the paint have evaporated and this affects the color impression. Has anyone observed something similar on this figure or other dinosaur models?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 12, 2024, 12:29:59 PMI made an interesting observation on my Alamosaurus. For reference, I have the plain variant. When it first arrived and was taken out of the box, it appeared very dark and almost black rather than brown. I also noticed that it had a quite strong smell of paint initially. Now after little less than a week, the smell of paint is much less noticeable and the overall color seems to have brightened up. Perhaps it was packed rather quickly after it was painted and the paint had not dried out completely. And now some volatile components of the paint have evaporated and this affects the color impression. Has anyone observed something similar on this figure or other dinosaur models?

Not me personally but it sounds like maybe a seal coat? those dry and make the colors pop.

dragon53

thomasw100

So Andy must have a lot of space in his house. Not only did he get two of these giants, but plans now on ordering the third version as well.

Gwangi

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 14, 2024, 02:56:23 PMSo Andy must have a lot of space in his house. Not only did he get two of these giants, but plans now on ordering the third version as well.

The last time I saw his "display" the figures were basically stacked on each other like cord wood.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on February 14, 2024, 03:34:36 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on February 14, 2024, 02:56:23 PMSo Andy must have a lot of space in his house. Not only did he get two of these giants, but plans now on ordering the third version as well.

The last time I saw his "display" the figures were basically stacked on each other like cord wood.

I can imagine. I think I've finally reached "Don Glut" status with my collection but the way he reviews he must have them literally piled about. I imagine a dino hoarder situation lol

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2024, 04:52:27 PM

I can imagine. I think I've finally reached "Don Glut" status with my collection but the way he reviews he must have them literally piled about. I imagine a dino hoarder situation lol

My displays are crowded but I haven't started stacking yet, I'll cut back before I go that far!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on February 14, 2024, 07:15:50 PM

My displays are crowded but I haven't started stacking yet, I'll cut back before I go that far!

I've seen a lot of collectors with just totes full of their figures piled around, Everything I have is sitting on shelves even if they are crowded. If I have that much how can I enjoy it if I don't see it?

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2024, 01:03:37 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 14, 2024, 07:15:50 PM

I've seen a lot of collectors with just totes full of their figures piled around, Everything I have is sitting on shelves even if they are crowded. If I have that much how can I enjoy it if I don't see it?

Guilty

Though the truth is more of,   "I wish i had a bigger place to display everything"

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: