News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, November 03, 2023, 11:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Actually it does seem that nanuq was pretty average size for a tyrannosaur, and the small material was just a juvenile.

Flaffy

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on January 25, 2024, 09:55:45 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 17, 2023, 04:58:15 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on December 17, 2023, 03:11:35 PMBit too small, sculpt doesn't look great. Other than the more complex paint job, it really feels like a downgrade from their Lythronax from almost a decade ago IMO.

Funny, this will be my first CollectA theropod. I never liked CollectA's theropods for the most part (the style just doesn't appeal to), but I like the detail of the feathers and the paint job (but it still has that stupid CollectA tyrannosaur look to its face LOL).

It's 1:35-ish, isn't? Nanuqsaurus is a dwarf tyrannosaur, so I appreciate the small size.

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on January 25, 2024, 10:14:29 PMActually it does seem that nanuq was pretty average size for a tyrannosaur, and the small material was just a juvenile.

BlueKrono

Unpopular opinion, but I'm pleased with the toob. Has a lot of my favorites CollectA's made. Very happy to see a return of Rhoetosaurus. Back in the day that and the Safari Saltasaurus comprised the whole of my osteoderm-bearing sauropod collection. Regarding that, I'll have an exciting new acquisition probably within the next month.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 26, 2024, 01:16:29 AMUnpopular opinion, but I'm pleased with the toob. Has a lot of my favorites CollectA's made. Very happy to see a return of Rhoetosaurus. Back in the day that and the Safari Saltasaurus comprised the whole of my osteoderm-bearing sauropod collection. Regarding that, I'll have an exciting new acquisition probably within the next month.

Well, glad it's useful for someone! And are you alluding to the CollectA Dreadnoughtus? I was about to order it from MiniZoo until I saw they don't have the Dearc in yet...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 28, 2024, 04:04:08 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on January 26, 2024, 01:16:29 AMUnpopular opinion, but I'm pleased with the toob. Has a lot of my favorites CollectA's made. Very happy to see a return of Rhoetosaurus. Back in the day that and the Safari Saltasaurus comprised the whole of my osteoderm-bearing sauropod collection. Regarding that, I'll have an exciting new acquisition probably within the next month.

Well, glad it's useful for someone! And are you alluding to the CollectA Dreadnoughtus? I was about to order it from MiniZoo until I saw they don't have the Dearc in yet...

Nope. It's a new one, but in a way a throw-back. You'll understand what I mean.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Reuben03

patiently waiting for a mini version of their new mosasaurus. its gonna be so cute and worth the wait, and likely the first ever semi decent mosasaur at that scale.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Halichoeres

Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2024, 07:48:52 PMpatiently waiting for a mini version of their new mosasaurus. its gonna be so cute and worth the wait, and likely the first ever semi decent mosasaur at that scale.

Haven't there been several decent mini mosasaurs? PNSO's Ectenosaurus, Kaiyodo's Mosasaurus and Tylosaurus?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Reuben03

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 02, 2024, 03:40:28 PM
Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2024, 07:48:52 PMpatiently waiting for a mini version of their new mosasaurus. its gonna be so cute and worth the wait, and likely the first ever semi decent mosasaur at that scale.

Haven't there been several decent mini mosasaurs? PNSO's Ectenosaurus, Kaiyodo's Mosasaurus and Tylosaurus?

they are quite rare! its hard to get ahold of those for most collectors in parts of the world where paleo Japanese import stuff is uncommon. but the pnso ectenosaurus head sculpt isnt great! that WIDE open mouth warps and bends unnaturally and it ruins the figure, it would be much nicer closed or with a more closed mouth.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

JimoAi

any updates to when Minizoo would bring in the Nanuqsaurus and the rest of the 2024 line?

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on March 01, 2024, 06:49:36 AMany updates to when Minizoo would bring in the Nanuqsaurus and the rest of the 2024 line?

Historically it was March, June, August (or thereabouts). This year I think there are only two waves, and if I am remembering correctly, the next is March, so they are all early this year (?). Someone should confirm, though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm waiting on the pterosaur, no updates yet. You can sign up to be notified though.

Halichoeres

The reveals were split into "early" and "mid" 2024, but only some of the "early" ones are out so far. I'd expect the rest of those this month and the rest in summer.

Prehistory Resurrection

An alternative for those who have mixed feelings about CollectA's version. The paint scheme given to the figure really looks good and naturalistic. Turns out CollectA's isn't the only version of Nanuqsaurus and BOTM is yet to release one.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on March 11, 2024, 07:32:22 PMThe paint scheme given to the figure really looks good and naturalistic.

Andy painted that figure himself. The figures listed for sale on Paleo Revived's website are all unpainted, so factor that in to your decision-making process before buying.
Check out my customs thread!

Halichoeres

Yeah, I'm expecting CollectA's to run about $10. But if you're into painting your own action figures, hey, it's an option.

JimoAi

Would like to ask if the Colorata feathered Tyrannosaurus from 2017 would work as a Nanuqsaurus as a larger individual along side the CollectA one?

Halichoeres

avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi I'm going to say yes, absolutely, not because I have any special expertise--tyrannosaurs mostly look alike to me--but to invoke Cunningham's Law.

Prehistory Resurrection

Flaffy

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on April 15, 2024, 06:03:07 PM

The Polacanthus would've greatly benefited from a more vibrant colour scheme. A bit too big for my collection too. (pretty much the same criticisms I had with the CollectA Stegouros). Not convinced by the sharp upper beak as well. Polacanthines we have skull material of show that they had either flat or W-shaped beaks.

Sim

Quote from: Flaffy on April 15, 2024, 07:19:49 PMThe Polacanthus would've greatly benefited from a more vibrant colour scheme. A bit too big for my collection too. (pretty much the same criticisms I had with the CollectA Stegouros). Not convinced by the sharp upper beak as well. Polacanthines we have skull material of show that they had either flat or W-shaped beaks.
I too feel the colouration of the Polacanthus would've been better if it wasn't so muddy-looking.  And I also find it too big, I'm disappointed CollectA didn't make its size more compatible with the other nice British dinosaurs they've made.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: