News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Concavenator, April 22, 2023, 07:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

The problem with PNSO being the one to deliver theropods is that they tend to only make tyrannosauroids, allosauroids and megalosauroids.  I am so tired of PNSO making allosauroids, and even if they are lipped more PNSO tyrannosauroids would be boring to me.  I think the theropod groups whose members tend to look quite different are ceratosaurians, megalosauroids, oviraptorosaurs and dromaeosaurids.  Of these only Megalosauroidea tends to get much attention, PNSO and Haolonggood have barely touched the other groups if at all.  And Haolonggood hasn't even made any megalosaurid.

SenSx

My realistic Haolonggood whishlist:

As they make good hadrosaurs:

- Shantungosaurus: to replace the weird PNSO
- Iguanodon: to replace the Collecta, which is alright but could be better
- Corythosaurus: to replace the PNSO and its oversized head
- Hatzegopteryx (teased)
- Arambourgiania: to complete the giant pterosaur trio
- Gigantoraptor: but I'm not too hopefull on that, maybe PNSO will finally make one.

Waiting for the Brachiosaurus.
If they don't correct the non completely covered veil of the Amargasaurus it will be a pass for me.

Halichoeres

So maybe I'm wrong, but didn't it seem like that pterosaur (Hatzegopteryx + Bradycneme?) is not destined for the PVC treatment? That's what it sounded like to me.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Quote from: SenSx on June 15, 2024, 11:38:39 AM- Iguanodon: to replace the Collecta, which is alright but could be better.

I would love an Iguanodon too! I think it's likely they will be making one eventually, being so famous and important.

Quote from: SenSx on June 15, 2024, 11:38:39 AMIf they don't correct the non completely covered veil of the Amargasaurus it will be a pass for me.

Same here.

Turkeysaurus

Gallimimus. Very famous dinosaur for not having many toys imo.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on June 15, 2024, 01:22:16 PM
Quote from: SenSx on June 15, 2024, 11:38:39 AM- Iguanodon: to replace the Collecta, which is alright but could be better.

I would love an Iguanodon too! I think it's likely they will be making one eventually, being so famous and important.

I would really like an Iguanodon too... I feel like HLG's take on it would be the perfect balance for me (Collecta's doesn't quite do it for me, and PNSO's is modelled on a specimen that doesn't seem quite "Iguanodon" to me).

A Corythosaurus would be cool. I imagine it would be going head to head with Papo's too, eventually. That would be a nice face-off to witness.

Paleo Flo

I would like to have an Archaeopteryx in 1:1 scale.

Haolonggood offers colourfull dinosaurs so they could really let off steam with it.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Shuvuuia

Quote from: Paleo Flo on June 19, 2024, 06:42:10 AMI would like to have an Archaeopteryx in 1:1 scale.

Haolonggood offers colourfull dinosaurs so they could really let off steam with it.

I think this is basically the one dinosaur I wouldn't want them to go crazy with. The color we know of for Archaeopteryx indicates that at least part of it was a dark iridescent color like a crow or grackle. A nice shiny blue-black Archaeopteryx would be amazing though.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Paleo Flo on June 19, 2024, 06:42:10 AMI would like to have an Archaeopteryx in 1:1 scale.

This sounds more like something REBOR would try.

Concavenator

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on June 19, 2024, 03:53:06 AMGallimimus. Very famous dinosaur for not having many toys imo.

I find it very odd we still don't have a good Gallimimus figure. Is that ever going to change?

Primeval12

I actually like Schleich's but yes, we need a new one.

Takama

Honestly. Im kinda getting tired of Gallimimus hogging the toy industry

Give Struthiomimus or Ornithomimus some love

Sim

Struthiomimus and Ornithomimus both have good figure versions.  Gallimimus doesn't and it really should.

crazy8wizard

Meanwhile so many other ornithomimosaurs aside from those 3, Deinocheirus, and Beishanlong are missing out completely. At least Gallimimus has some figures.

Sim

For those interested in Gallimimus as a real animal, there is basically no Gallimimus figure.  The only ones of it are featherless or an old toy that has become sticky.

crazy8wizard

And for those who are interested in Dromiceiomimus as a real animal there's nothing. See what I mean?

Turkeysaurus

Gallimimus is more famous. Also larger. So it's a bit more likely expect from HLG.

Sim

Quote from: crazy8wizard on June 20, 2024, 01:03:45 AMAnd for those who are interested in Dromiceiomimus as a real animal there's nothing. See what I mean?
So basically the same situation as Gallimimus.

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on June 20, 2024, 06:27:11 PM
Quote from: crazy8wizard on June 20, 2024, 01:03:45 AMAnd for those who are interested in Dromiceiomimus as a real animal there's nothing. See what I mean?

Honestly, I am not sure if Haolonggood would have the capacity right now to produce top quality feathered dinosaurs. We know from the Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus that PNSO can do them really well, so I would prefer any of these feathered fellows from PNSO for the moment. Of course, Haolonggood can prove with an outstanding release that they can match up with PNSO in this field. And I would be more than happy to revise my opinion in that case.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Sim on June 20, 2024, 06:27:11 PM

No, because like you just said there are some figures of Gallimimus. They aren't perfect and not what most may be looking for but they exist and that's the point I was making. It has some figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: