News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, February 01, 2024, 10:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roar

Quote from: Shane on July 26, 2024, 06:50:02 PM
Quote from: Roar on July 26, 2024, 06:45:18 PMCreature
Here is that creature in front of the crypt sketches. What is it?

https://www.safariltd.com/products/eugy-sasquatch-3d-puzzle

It's a EUGY Sasquatch 3D Puzzle.

EUGY is a brand based in New Zealand that Safari recently began distributing exclusively in North America.

They make cardboard 3D puzzles of different animals and mythical creatures with a unique "cute" style.

I have a few on my desk, they're pretty neat.
aaaah okay. That is why it wasnt on the pictures anymore thanks. Yes i have seen those thankyou. Didnt know this one was one.  I really hope Safari will make a grey alien one day for their myth and magic collection. They could do multiple tall greys small greys. A lot of creatures in ufo lore.
Onwards to adventure!

Shane

Quote from: suspsy on July 26, 2024, 07:34:23 PMSooooooooooooooooooo, when is Safari going to release official images of all these new items?

Full product pages with details will go live after Comic Con. Probably Monday.

Fembrogon

I think all three dinos will be sure-buys for me. I don't have a Nanuqsaurus yet, and a new Safari deinonychosaur is always a good thing, regardless of genus. I already have the Collecta and PNSO Megalosaurus (and the Invicta), but even from these small photos I suspect Safari's will end up being the best of the options. It's so nice to see the "original" dinosaur finally getting market-wide representation.

Faelrin

Really glad to see that one mystery theropod is a Megalosaurus. Looking forward to getting that one, if not the others.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

It's good to have confimation of the identities of the figures!  I'm confident Doug sculpted the Austroraptor, it looks like his style.  I'm so happy an Austroraptor has been made, it's a must-have for me.  The Megalosaurus looks very good and of a new style for Safari's figures.  I wish it had been a Torvosaurus!  I already have the PNSO Megalosaurus but I'll decide whether to get Safari's after seeing better photos of it.  As I said, it looks very good, so I'm open to acquiring it even if I keep the PNSO version.  It's hard to know what to think of the Nanuqsaurus even with the close-up as I can see differences in photos of it so I'm not sure how exactly it looks.  I'm open to getting it too, especially after learning S @Shane created its colouration.  Shane, have you created the colouration of any other Safari prehistoric figures?

GojiraGuy1954

The Safari Megalo is gonna be bigger anyways so I can just pretend its a Torvosaurus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Pachyrhinosaurus

I don't think it's likely, but I wonder if the sculptor for the megalosaurus is Forest Rogers? The photo isn't great, but it kind of reminds me of her style.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Saarlooswolfhound

Quote from: Shane on July 26, 2024, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: Primeval12 on July 26, 2024, 01:44:39 PMSo it's Megalosaurus after all. I really like it so I will be getting it. I also love the Austroraptor. The Nanuqsaurus is the least good of the three but I will be getting it because it's Appa colored! Overall, Excellent lineup by Safari this year :)

It's interesting to see the Appa comparisons. I painted the reference guide for the Nanuqsaurus, and I wasn't thinking of Appa, at least not consciously, but I'm a big A:TLA fan. Mainly I was trying to create a color pattern that looked like it could live in a cold/extreme weather climate, while also not looking like any of the many many many pieces of Nanuqsaurus paleoart out there.

I actually love it, and think its a great pattern that suits this model. That was just where my mind went was for good old Appa.  ;D

Also, thats a really neat opportunity that you had to help design the color and pattern. So big congratulations on that S @Shane!

JimoAi

there looks to be a saltasaurus

Sim

Quote from: JimoAi on July 27, 2024, 01:08:07 AMthere looks to be a saltasaurus
Just seen it.  It looks impressive...  And I had been thinking Safari had finished with the Carnegie replacements...

Pliosaurking

That Saltasaurus does look quite nice...

GojiraGuy1954

SpartanSquat

Salta was the other dino to be revealed at the end of the year?

TheCambrianCrusader

Some pics of the Saltasaurus and better looks at the other new guys:

TheCambrianCrusader

I've waited a LONG time for a new Saltasaurus and this guy looks pretty solid. And WOW that Austroraptor looks stellar, definitely Doug's style and honestly looking to be his best maniraptor.

Dilopho

I've been waiting for a Megalosaurus like this for SO long! CollectA's was LOVELY, but way too small!

GojiraGuy1954

Can somebody just take actual close ups good lord

Gwangi

Saltasaurus is a nice surprise but, believe it or not, I'm still content with my Carnegie one.  :o It's rather outdated of course but it's one of the first figures I ever got, I can't part with it. Maybe I'll just have to have two of them.

Shane

Quote from: Sim on July 26, 2024, 10:13:04 PMShane, have you created the colouration of any other Safari prehistoric figures?

I worked on the Saltasaurus color palette, but it wasn't as hands-on as the Nanuqsaurus.

Usually when I do have a hand in paint references it's been for redecos of existing molds. I did the Dino Dana babies and also the Koi and Pyrois reintros.

Painting is not the main thing I do but I get to try my hand at it every so often and I'm grateful for the opportunities to flex my artistic muscles when they arise.

Shane

Quote from: SpartanSquat on July 27, 2024, 01:41:29 AMSalta was the other dino to be revealed at the end of the year?

Yes, I knew I'd sent a sample along with the comic con team but set up is often a stressful time and sometimes things get briefly misplaced. But the team was able to locate it and set it up for day 2.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: