News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd Wishlist 2022

Started by profnik, November 19, 2020, 12:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Reuben03 on December 14, 2020, 07:38:46 PM
herrerasaurus is literally IRL JP raptor, why has no toy company taken advantage of this? so so cool.
If Megaraptorans were not feathered, i'd say they make a better choice, especially Megaraptor, Australovenator, and Rapator

Sim

Megaraptorans are all extremely fragmentary and what little we know of them suggests they didn't look anything like a JP Velociraptor: https://www.deviantart.com/getawaytrike/art/Megaraptoran-series-703711797

I found 2018 to be a poor year for Safari, I haven't got any of the releases from that year, there was too much repetition that left no figure that appealed to me.  Needless to say I hope we don't get another year like that bar the number of releases.  For the record, I found 2017, 2019 and 2020 to be Safari's best years.

Shonisaurus

I would like a highly exotic ceratopsid, for example a kosmocertops, medusaceratops, chasmosaurus belli, machairoceratops, sinoceratops or titanoceratops. It would be interesting if Doug would go back to making more ceratopsids for the Safari brand.

Sim

I hope no more Safari figures are made with multiple creases at the sides of their mouth like the Safari Dimorphodon or Shringasaurus.  I also hope Safari would avoid painting the cloaca of their figures a different colour.

Thialfi

The more prehistoric mammals the better. And Triassic animals! 

Faelrin

I am really hoping for more mammals from them as well. Even one a year (like CollectA) would be nice, if not every few years they do a bunch like in 2018. I really hope they do an Aenocyon dirus (aka Dire Wolf) now after the very interesting study done about its possible origins and genetic relation to other canids. I still want a Megaloceros from them as well, and of course there's plenty more I would like to see.

Edit: I would also like to see more prehistoric birds from them as well, such as terror birds, moas, Haast's eagle, etc.

More Triassic animals would be nice too. They've certainly done a few so far, so hopefully that continues. Herrerasaurus is at the top of my list for any from that period currently. Eoraptor too.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Definitely on board for more Triassic critters. Erythrosuchus, Cynognathus, Proganochelys, or an aetosaur would be most welcome.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Thialfi

Quote from: Faelrin on February 22, 2021, 08:37:51 PM
I am really hoping for more mammals from them as well. Even one a year (like CollectA) would be nice, if not every few years they do a bunch like in 2018. I really hope they do an Aenocyon dirus (aka Dire Wolf) now after the very interesting study done about its possible origins and genetic relation to other canids. I still want a Megaloceros from them as well, and of course there's plenty more I would like to see.

Edit: I would also like to see more prehistoric birds from them as well, such as terror birds, moas, Haast's eagle, etc.

More Triassic animals would be nice too. They've certainly done a few so far, so hopefully that continues. Herrerasaurus is at the top of my list for any from that period currently. Eoraptor too.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said! Terror birds, moa, Haast's eagle would be amazing, and especially in terms of the latter two shouldn't be too hard to design based on extant animals. Same for a dire wolf, or for example a giant swan, aurochs, Steller's sea cow, steppe bison, cave lion, etc.

Herrerasaurus would be amazing, and I am definitely in favour of more dicynodonts, archosauriformes (pseudosuchia), you name it!

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres god YES, erythrosuchus and cynognathus, I just can't believe no company had a shot at these. I had a cynognathus from the Panini sticker album somewhere in the late 80s/90s but that's it.

Cotolorynchuseggs

Paleozoic
Instrovcevia (no clue if i spelled it right)
Cotolorynchus
Arthropleura
Any euryptid
Edaphosaurus
Euchambersia(don't know if I spelled that right)
Meganeura
Pulmnoscorpius (don't know either)
Prinosuchus
Heliocoprion
Edestus
Mesozoic
Ubirajara
Therizinosaurus
Nothronychus
Alxasaurus
Mononkyus
Saltasaurus
Protosphernya
Tanaystropheus
Proganachelys
Shonisaurus
Shastasaurus
Styxosaurus
Mixosaurus
Aramboringia
Smilosuchus
Koolasuchus
Armadillosuchus
Montealtosuchus
cenozoic
Terror bird (brontornis)
Gastornis
Boverisuchus
Thalassocnus
Quadrupedal megatherium
Megalania
Miolania
Ninjimys
Columbian mammoth
Bull wooly mammoth?
Yea i know I'm not an egg, disappointing right?

bettashark

I would love it if they would do more ichthyosaurs in the same vein as their current one, sleek and streamlined, no freaky fish-crocodile monsters. There are very few out there. I'd actually really love an Opthalmosaurid other than PNSO's wrinkly one, with little tiny flippers and eyes actually inside the head. And of course a new giant ichthyosaur is something many people have been wanting for a long time.
I'd also like some prehistoric cetaceans. Safari has quite the range of extant ones! (Child me would have been over the moon!) Basilosaurus is the classic one, and a smooth one would be nice (PNSO, what are you doing?), but it would be very neat to have some of the more unusual ones, like Levyatan, or maybe Odobenoceptops.

indy1936

1:35 Brontosaurus
1:35 Brachiosaurus

Reuben03

Quote from: profnik on November 19, 2020, 12:22:10 AM
:D Here the wishlist :D

Safari Ltd For 2022 next year or in the future.

IMAGINE A DUNKLEOSTEUS GOOD LUCK MINI!! I'D SPEND ALL MY MONEY ON BUYING THEM IN BULK

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Halichoeres

Quote from: bettashark on March 16, 2021, 05:13:29 PM
I would love it if they would do more ichthyosaurs in the same vein as their current one, sleek and streamlined, no freaky fish-crocodile monsters. There are very few out there. I'd actually really love an Opthalmosaurid other than PNSO's wrinkly one, with little tiny flippers and eyes actually inside the head. And of course a new giant ichthyosaur is something many people have been wanting for a long time.
I'd also like some prehistoric cetaceans. Safari has quite the range of extant ones! (Child me would have been over the moon!) Basilosaurus is the classic one, and a smooth one would be nice (PNSO, what are you doing?), but it would be very neat to have some of the more unusual ones, like Levyatan, or maybe Odobenoceptops.

I'd definitely buy some additional ichthyosaurs from them. They don't seem to have had a lot of success with less-known marine reptiles lately, though. The Plesiosuchus was discontinued after, what, about a year?

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

A scientifically accurate Deinosuchus is indispensible.

Sim

I'd like yellow to be used less often on Wild Safari prehistoric figures.

suspsy

Quote from: Sim on July 30, 2021, 01:03:32 PM
I'd like yellow to be used less often on Wild Safari prehistoric figures.

Yeah, that is one thing you and I are definitely in 100% agreement on. It's become quite redundant and boring by now.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

I agree. I'd like to see more vivid colorations like on the Styracosaurus, Carnotaurus, Camarasaurus, Pteranodon, etc, or even the Feathered T. rex. Just some more variety in colorations for next year's assortment.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Takama

DELETE

WRONG THREAD :-[

Flaffy

I just want one thing and one thing only:

an Estemmenosuchus mirabilis masterfully sculpted by Doug Watson.

By @EmilianoTroco

In 2018 when Safari ltd did their cheeky "guess the species" game, a picture of a mammalian-looking eye was teased. I remember quite a few guesses on this forum being an Estemmenosuchus figure. In the end the eye was revealed to be of a Uintatherium figure, a bittersweet conclusion. (I do adore my copy of the Safari Uintatherium, never quite liked the look of the CollectA version.)

To this day I hope that Safari will finally tackle this peculiar "crowned crocodile".

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: