News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Shapeways

Started by tyrantqueen, December 01, 2012, 01:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabricious

Finally I can show a print myself! Took advantage of Cyber Monday and ordered my Maiasaura peeblesorum in 1/72 scale, White, Strong and Flexible material. It arrived today and I'm very impressed, since it's the first print I got myself, ever. Looking forward to building a base and painting this one!

gfxtwin

Oh, y'know, nothing special.  Just models of the two coolest therapods ever based on sculpts by Galileo Hernandez and painted by Martin Garratt.

THAT'S what's up!   :))

Dobber

Just ordered the 1/40 feathered Sue T-Rex in Frosted Ultra Detail. Can't wait to get it, it looks like it may go well with my CollectA Feathered Rex.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

s.foulkes

Quote from: gfxtwin on February 29, 2016, 08:29:16 PM
Oh, y'know, nothing special.  Just models of the two coolest therapods ever based on sculpts by Galileo Hernandez and painted by Martin Garratt.

THAT'S what's up!   :)) where did you get this Acro and what scale or size is it/ looks great.

Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

gfxtwin

Ordered it here: https://www.shapeways.com/product/SNSYHF5ZX/acrocanthosaurus1-40-v1?li=user-wishlist&optionId=17311423&rc=WishList

it's roughly the size of the papo allosaurus or rebor ceratosaurus.

Another pic:

And another of the Allo:

tyrantqueen

I really like Galileo's Shapeways stuff, just wish he would offer FUD for his models rather than just WSF.

fabricious

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 29, 2016, 02:07:31 PM
I really like Galileo's Shapeways stuff, just wish he would offer FUD for his models rather than just WSF.

Very detailed for WSF, though. Must be amazing in FUD!

terrorchicken

can they actually stand on their own?!

gfxtwin

Quote from: terrorchicken on March 29, 2016, 06:16:01 PM

Amazingly, yes, depending on the direction they face and the flatness or any subtle inclines on the surface you put them on.  They are balanced like spinning plates so any shaking of your desk or shelf would probably knock them over, but they can stand.  I usually have them stabilized via a tiny bit of sticky tack on the bottom of their feet (though in the above picture that is not the case -  they are standing totally on their own).

fabricious

Apparently, there's a new material available: High Definition Acrylate.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: fabricious on March 31, 2016, 05:30:56 PM
Apparently, there's a new material available: High Definition Acrylate.

Oooh, might need to look that up.

fabricious

Similar in detail to the FUD, but a bit cheaper and more sturdy. :)

terrorchicken

Quote from: gfxtwin on March 29, 2016, 09:41:09 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on March 29, 2016, 06:16:01 PM

Amazingly, yes, depending on the direction they face and the flatness or any subtle inclines on the surface you put them on.  They are balanced like spinning plates so any shaking of your desk or shelf would probably knock them over, but they can stand.  I usually have them stabilized via a tiny bit of sticky tack on the bottom of their feet (though in the above picture that is not the case -  they are standing totally on their own).

wow impressive!

Kayakasaurus

Here's two Parasaurolophus from Shapeways I designed on my IPad :). My plan is to make them glossy and then mold them, so the casts will look shiny. These were a little more than $5 each to print. One is posed, and the other is symmetrical. I have a video up on YouTube.

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

terrorchicken

those are cute! I could see My Little Pony/Funko Pop customizers wanting to take crack at painting those!

tyrantqueen

VITAMIN-IMAGINATION has uploaded some interesting models to Shapeways.

Halichoeres

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 29, 2016, 08:27:01 PM

Interesting indeed! Some of them seem to be available printed in full color.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoLord

A shame that Shapeways prices still haven't come down. Beautiful models but definitely more expensive for what you get compared to traditional figures.

Takama

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 29, 2016, 09:46:32 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 29, 2016, 08:27:01 PM

Interesting indeed! Some of them seem to be available printed in full color.

To bad some of them look like something out of a Horror Videogame

And Serieusly? he thinks this is Edmontosaurus?

Thats Good Mother Lizard, not Lizard from Edmonton

empire3569

He does have some pretty nice models, I especially like the two tyrannosaurus models and the quadroped spinosaurus. My only problem with shapeways is the price; if I ordered both of those T-rexes in the lowest quality material, it would be 150$. And they are only like 8" long each. And I have to paint them. Too much time and money at this point in my life, but maybe one day :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: