News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich's future

Started by tyrantqueen, January 12, 2013, 05:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Same here. It's easier to find Schleich than Chinasaurs!
Expect in Museums. Those seem to prefer Bullyland. Even the one in Berlin, which Schleich claimed to work with them in the past.
Currently I also only know of two locations selling Safari: Dinopark Münchehagen ( only Apatosaurus, Corythosaurus and Iguanodon ) and "Das Prähistorium".

@tyrantqueen: That facepalm is not epic enough!

I think it is one of those Schleich Fanboys/girls. You know, the kind that also buys Schleich stuff for crazy amounts of money on eBay. I've seen some examples of that.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Turret

Thanks for the insight regarding Schleich Everything Dinosaur. I've been suspecting Schleich deliberately makes they're dinosaurs cartoonish to appeal to children. But from my point of view even if they are aimed at 8 year olds there isn't any need for them to be cartoonish. A child would be happy with a more accurate representation or the cartoonish look. A more accurate sculpt would be liked by an adoult collector and they would sell more. However the market is indeed saturated with Schleich and a few adoult collectors buying a few more of they re dinos wouldn't make much of a difference.

Speaking of Schleich saturation - the stores of my country are allso full of Schleich products. The rest are at least one store that I found that sells some Bullyland and sometimes I come across some CollectA dinos (found me a torosaurus in a zoo giftshop of all places ... and yes there were shleich there as well)

dinohunter24

This is disappointing news. 

Gwangi

The Schleich models are everywhere around here too. Disappointing because dinosaur toys that I actually like are hard to find (outside of the internet). Tractor Supply Company, Walmart...there is even a pet store that carries them!

Takama

Schelich is becoming the most common figure line in my region.  Almost every Farm Supply Store has there animals, but now the Shopko in my own town has them as well.

I like some of there figures(even if there downright inaccurate) But the fact that there trying to dominate the market makes me  errrrrrr >:(

dinohunter24

I do like majority of Schleich model despite it being inaccurate, cartoonish/weird looking, wrong body proportion, etc...  I like the fact that its bigger in size than Wild Safari. 

I know Schleich can do a lot better though because their animal collection is better than Wild Safari animal. 

In the U.S at least where I live the only place you can find Schleich is at Toysrus but they don't sell the dinosaurs figure.  I have not seen Schleich anywhere else. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Recently returned from a trip and I found the only dinosaur toys to be found were the Schleich figures.  The Carno I saw was retailing for 29.99 ! Just crazy..

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 25, 2013, 04:44:43 AM
Recently returned from a trip and I found the only dinosaur toys to be found were the Schleich figures.  The Carno I saw was retailing for 29.99 ! Just crazy..
I wouldn't even buy that for a dollar... >:D

Lol Robocop reference 

dinohunter24

$15 on Amazon, sort of wish I had bought it instead of the Spinosaurus.  Schleich will be on hold for a while. 

joossa

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 25, 2013, 04:49:28 AM
I wouldn't even buy that for a dollar... >:D

Lol Robocop reference
Amen!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Libraraptor

I was just talking to a toy trader in one of those little, independent, family-run toy shops not dictated by a big company. That guy said that Schleich has an aggressive marketing strategy.

Takama

I heard that when Schleich gives permission to a store to sell there products, (example Wal-Mart, Shopko, and Toys R Us)  they are not allowed to carry any other company's line, because they are trying to brainwash them into thinking that Schelich are the best.   

Is this true?

CityRaptor

Some people really seemed brainwashed from what I've seen on eBay.

Well, atleast when I visited the local Toys "R" us last time, they also had Papo.
Oh no

dinohunter24

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 25, 2013, 09:39:04 PM
Some people really seemed brainwashed from what I've seen on eBay.

Well, atleast when I visited the local Toys "R" us last time, they also had Papo.

More like fantasy Papo figures but not dinosaur figures. 

CityRaptor

The one I went to had some Dinosaurs. Probably depends on the country, but here in Germany, Schleich is pretty much everywhere. They are waaaay more common than Chinasaurs.
Oh no

docronnie

I just saw a Toy Kingdom (toy store chain here in the Philippines) catalog with photos of Schleich dinosaur figures. 

I asked the toy representatives as to where the new dinos are and they said they will have them in the near future.  Let us see what happens, but this store chain have been selling a lot of dinosaur figures from different lines like Dino Valley, Fame Master and others.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Concavenator

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 25, 2013, 10:17:05 PM
The one I went to had some Dinosaurs. Probably depends on the country, but here in Germany, Schleich is pretty much everywhere. They are waaaay more common than Chinasaurs.
...even in bakeries of my country you can find Schleich figures  ;D

CityRaptor

In Bakeries? Okay, it is not that extreme. I was mainly refering to stores.
Oh no

Hellraptor

I think they should start ripping of papo in making good details instead of just doin dinosaurs that are supposed be a certain species but looks clumsy and dull like this years Carnotaurus and Styracosaurus. Maybe not ripping of papo entierly but try to make theris dinosaurs more improved .
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Hellraptor on September 13, 2013, 06:46:15 PM
I think they should start ripping of papo in making good details instead of just doin dinosaurs that are supposed be a certain species but looks clumsy and dull like this years Carnotaurus and Styracosaurus. Maybe not ripping of papo entierly but try to make theris dinosaurs more improved .
They already are ripping Papo off, pretty much (articulated jaws). They just don't do it very well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: