News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Everything_Dinosaur

Some intriguing thoughts about possible releases, it is too early to officially comment but certainly plenty of food for thought.  Collecta have a Liopleurodon model as well as a Plateosaurus, these came out a little while ago, Liopleurodon was what we call "series 3", the Plateosaurus model followed some time later, they are not to scale though, we will have to post up some of the studio pics one of these days.  Interesting suggestions.

Chad

Any chance anyone will do a pterodaustro or some of the other pterosaurs?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Chad on July 18, 2013, 02:08:01 PM
Any chance anyone will do a pterodaustro or some of the other pterosaurs?

That would be nice, I'd say there is always a chance..Safari seem to like to do the odd pterosaur so perhaps they will make one ?

John

Here's a tough one...what's next for Wild Safari?A line that much like CollectA is literally all over the place with prehistoric animals is very hard to predict.They could be pretty much anything... ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Balaur

Okay, here is my full list:
Carnegie -
T.rex with feathers
Velociraptor with feathers
Stegoceras
Quetzlacoatlus (Resculpt)

Safari -
Pterosaur Toob (I will eventually get it right)
Psittacosaurus
Sciurumimus
Microraptor

Papo -
Dilophosaurus
Inostrancevia
Postosuchus

I don't know for the other companies though.

anchry6

Collecta:
We know safely two of them:
- Carcharodontosaurus
- Dead Stegosaurus
For the rest I am sure that they will make numerous dinosaurs... But probably (I have sorted by probability) there will be:
- Group of Struthiomimus
- Yutyrannus
- Ichthyosaurus
- Medusaceratops
- Gorgosaurus
- Xenoceratops
- Euoplocephalus
- Linhenykus
- Anatotitan
- Family of Pegomastax
- ... more

:D

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: anchry6 on July 19, 2013, 11:51:41 PM
Collecta:
We know safely two of them:
- Carcharodontosaurus
- Dead Stegosaurus
For the rest I am sure that they will make numerous dinosaurs... But probably (I have sorted by probability) there will be:
- Group of Struthiomimus
- Yutyrannus
- Ichthyosaurus
- Medusaceratops
- Gorgosaurus
- Xenoceratops
- Euoplocephalus
- Linhenykus
- Anatotitan
- Family of Pegomastax
- ... more

When you refer to Euoplocephalus, do you mean the real Euoplocephalus or the specimen we've all been calling "Euoplocephalus" in popular culture? Because the latter is actually Scolosaurus. Considering the name "Scolosaurus" is tied to one of the London NHM's best specimens, I suspect the UK-based Collecta would choose it over Euoplocephalus.

Also, Anatotitan was sunk into Edmontosaurus 2 years ago.

Concavenator

I think we'll see these from CollectA:
Standard:
Dead Stegosaurus:official.
Yutyrannus:would be cool,wanted by people.
Sciurumimus:in a family diorama would be really nice,likely,I think.
Allosaurus with prey:after seeing the dead Stego,and the confirmation from CollectA saying the Stegosaurus killer was Allosaurus,I would expect it.Would be awesome.
Xenoceratops:likely,I think.

I hope next time CollectA will be announcing 2014 dinosaurs,they'll release a cool,exotic dinosaur.I was waiting Aaaall week and saw a corpse,I was expecting another thing(But I still like the dead Stego).I think that's why it is so exciting,you can see anything...I've heard this upcoming Friday we'll see more CollectA 2014 Dinos.Wish they release cool,exotic dinosaurs for next time :)

anchry6

Safari ltd:
- Carcharodontosaurus;
- Gallimimus;
- Monoclonius or Einiosaurus;
-Yutyrannus or Atsinganosaurus;
- A non dinosaur.

Chad

One of Safari/Collecta has to make an Ornitholestes, right? The bird thief needs some love.

Concavenator

Quote from: Chad on July 24, 2013, 03:47:10 PM
One of Safari/Collecta has to make an Ornitholestes, right? The bird thief needs some love.
Yes,I agree.There are dinosaurs that have been done by the companies again and again,for the fact that the dinosaur is classic well known(i.e T-rex,Triceratops,Stegosaurus...)but there are others that also cool(or even cooler)that doesn't get figure form(Saurophaganax,Balaur,Sciurumimus,for saying only a very small partof them).
Fortunately,there are companies that pay attention to cool,exotic,dinosaurus(Safari Ltd. and CollectA).

joossa

I'd like an ornithomimid from Papo... We'll see in the future.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: joossa on July 27, 2013, 06:27:36 AM
I'd like an ornithomimid from Papo... We'll see in the future.

I wouldn't mind one myself.  If they did one there is a good chance it wouldn't be feathered though.

sauroid

if they would even consider making one, although JP had Gallimimus, so there is a possibility.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on July 27, 2013, 04:28:59 PM
if they would even consider making one, although JP had Gallimimus, so there is a possibility.

I would say it would depend on popularity more than anything. In my opinion most tend to ignore the ornithomimids..however our 1:1 feathered version really gets attention.

John

I would more likely expect an ornithomimid eventually from either Safari Ltd. (Wild Safari or Carnegie Museum) or CollectA. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: John on July 27, 2013, 07:45:31 PM
I would more likely expect an ornithomimid eventually from either Safari Ltd. (Wild Safari or Carnegie Museum) or CollectA. :)

Safari lines really could use one.  CollectA did gives us the dead one in the Rex's mouth and the very large and nice Deinocheirus...though I suspect we're really looking for 1:40 scale Struthiomimus, Ornithomimus, ect..to build flocks out of.. probably fleeing from our tyrannosaurs.. ;)

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 27, 2013, 11:06:56 PM
Quote from: John on July 27, 2013, 07:45:31 PM

Safari lines really could use one.  CollectA did gives us the dead one in the Rex's mouth and the very large and nice Deinocheirus...though I suspect we're really looking for 1:40 scale Struthiomimus, Ornithomimus, ect..to build flocks out of.. probably fleeing from our tyrannosaurs.. ;)
In my case I wouldn't mind seeing one in 1/10 scale. :)

joossa

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 27, 2013, 11:06:56 PM
to build flocks out of.. probably fleeing from our tyrannosaurs.. ;)
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  :)

I just want a decent looking one. I think their morphologies are beautiful.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Concavenator

I've recently sended Papo a suggestion about doing a Giganotosaurus:

Hello,

I am a Papo-france fan.We colllectors would be pleased on seeing a Papo Giganotosaurus.Giganotosaurus is a popular dinosaur now,and it has appeared on a number of films and documentaries.It is one of the most requested pieces for the Dinosaurs line since several years,and we'd be grateful on having it.Would be an instant hit and bestseller.By the way,very excited about your 2014 revelations!
My biggest support to the Papo-france team,and cheers.
Juan Andrés.
This is my suggestion.
Someone very kind answered me quickly:
Dear Mr Conejero,

We thank you for your email and for your interest in our creations.
It's always a pleasure to receive feedback and suggestions from our fans.
Each year Papo enriched its collection with nearly 100 new figurines, and we will not miss to consider your suggestions for our next creations.
You will discover our new range during January 2014 !
Please know that we are delighted to count you among our fans.

Best regards.
 He says we'll discover the new range in January 2014.Don't really know if he refers to that in this month the new figures will be released or revealed.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: