News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

tyrantqueen

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 08, 2013, 11:23:50 AM
Do we actully define resculpt properly? Take the Carnegie Diplo for example. The original Sculpt was refined in 1996, making this a resculpt, but the 2008 Version is a completely new sculpt, not a modified Version of the old sculpt.
Call it a new sculpt, then.

Concavenator

Poll finished C:-)!!
Here are the results:
1st place:A resculpt,with 5 votes.
2nd place:Tie between Carnegie Apatosaurus and a exotic,new,dinosaur genre,both with 4 votes
3rd place:Wild Safari ,with 3 votes.
4th place:Brand new Carnegie Allosaurus,with 2 votes.
Last place:Wild Safari Archaeopteryx and Carnegie Stegosaurus,both with 0 votes.

Concavenator

I have created a new poll, this time with Papo.
The poll's duration is 7 days.Happy voting!

Concavenator

I personally don't expect a Papo Apatosaurus in 2014.I think it's still early to release another giant sauropod to their range after including the massive Brachiosaurus released last year.A Papo Diabloceratops would be impressive,but I think Papo doesn't release exotic dinosaurs,so I think it's unlikely.A Papo Therizinosaurus would be amazing.The problem is that maybe they wouldn't opt to make a feathered one,but anyways,feathered or bald,or with quills it would great.And we can't see Therizinosaurus figures very often,so would be exciting to see.In my opinion is likely that the Papo Giganotosaurus will be released in 2014.There are suggestions for it since several years ago,and we've made a request for it and has been sent.Looking at their amazing theropods(Allosaurus,running Tyrannosaurus rex ,Carnotaurus...),I think a Papo Giganotosaurus would be the definitive Giganotosaurus.For accuracy we have the Carnegie one,which is AWESOME(I have it) ,but for detail ,I hope we'll receive a Papo Giganotosaurus.I also wish them to have more diversity.A Papo Suchomimus(in their style,but scientifically accurate would great,however,we don't have any serious figure for this dinosaur,and would be a beauty.

CityRaptor

Uh, the poll is not working.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Concavenator

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 09, 2013, 01:17:09 PM
Uh, the poll is not working.
I don't know how to put more than 1 poll in a topic.If someone can tell me,I could mend it

sauroid

just start a new thread i guess.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

Hi all,
I couldn't open a 2nd poll in the last topic,so now I am creating the part 2 of the topic.

Also,I visited the Wikipedia Carnegie Collection page and says,literly:
2014:Kosmoceratops
I don't if it is a falsehood,because it appears without scale,and we all know the Carnegie Collection is based on scaled models.The Kosmo also appeared in April for a while in the same page,but dissappeared.Now appears again.
By the way,I'll manage to create a poll.
Cheers!

Everything_Dinosaur

We do regular trawls to pick up any leaks such as this, and we notified Safari Ltd about the first Kosmoceratops reference a few months ago.  Safari were able to get this reference removed, we know how keen collectors are to hear about new models and such like but the design and production processes have to be managed properly, its  a case of being fair to the manufacturers.  We can't comment on any 2014 releases yet, such information remains as an embargo.  So many rumours circulate and so much information is false that our best advice is to wait to receive news via official channels - Everything Dinosaur's blog is one such place where you can pick up lots of information.  The lead time from any announcement to manufacture and delivery is such that information about new lines is in the public domain long before models are actually in stock anywhere.

John

Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 10, 2013, 08:24:28 AM
Hi all,
I couldn't open a 2nd poll in the last topic,so now I am creating the part 2 of the topic.

Also,I visited the Wikipedia Carnegie Collection page and says,literly:
I don't if it is a falsehood,because it appears without scale,and we all know the Carnegie Collection is based on scaled models.The Kosmo also appeared in April for a while in the same page,but dissappeared.Now appears again.
Cheers!
I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Kosmoceratops too much if I were you,it's just someone putting a guess as to what next year's Carnegie Museum dinosaur will be.Last year someone put Einiosaurus and a new sculpt of Deinonychus then later the aforementioned Kosmoceratops as 2013's releases,and in reality it would turn out to be none of them.I am personally expecting at least a new sculpt of something already in the line (I think the most likely candidate could be either Apatosaurus,Allosaurus or Stegosaurus) ;D
As for Papo,well that one is even harder to predict...I'll throw out the names Giganotosaurus and Apatosaurus and see if either of those names end up sticking. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Everything_Dinosaur

Without giving too much away we can confirm that there is no plans for a Komoceratops sculpt from Safari Ltd.  Expect the Wikipedia article to be corrected in the next few days etc.  No official release of information from Safari Ltd until September at the earliest.

Concavenator

Talking about Papo I personally expect a Giganotosaurus and a surprise.Apparently Papo is going to relase more than 1 figure for 2014(see the 2013 figures thread,page 120 and 121).I think is too early to release an Apatosaurus after the massive Brachiosaurus.

tyrantqueen

QuoteAlso,I visited the Wikipedia Carnegie Collection page and says,literly:
Cheers!
Wikipedia doesn't mean anything. Anyone can edit it.

Concavenator

The 1st model cleared for 2014 is...CollectA deluxe Carcharodontosaurus!!

Concavenator

I am very excited about the 2014 revelations.Safari have said:
"We can't reveal any information regarding future releases, but I can promise that our Product Development Team works tirelessly to introduce fierce, high-quality dinos every year ;) Keep an eye out in November for the announcement of our 2014 intros!"
That's really really exciting,wonder if someone knows something of the upcoming figures...? >:D

anchry6

Carnegie Collection:
Updated sculpt:
- T-rex with feathers;
- Velociraptor with feathers;
- Stegosaurus;
- Apatosaururus;
- Parasaurolophus;
- Pachycephalosaurus;
- Pteranodon;
- Allosaurus;
- Euoplocephalus;
- Protoceratops;
Repaint:
- Maiasuara;
- Microraptor;
- Triceratops;
- A marine reptile;
New:
- Chasmosaurus;

:D

Takama

Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 17, 2013, 01:07:24 PM
I am very excited about the 2014 revelations.Safari have said:
"We can't reveal any information regarding future releases, but I can promise that our Product Development Team works tirelessly to introduce fierce, high-quality dinos every year ;) Keep an eye out in November for the announcement of our 2014 intros!"
That's really really exciting,wonder if someone knows something of the upcoming figures...? >:D

November?  Last year it was September when Safari revealed there new products

Quote from: anchry6 on July 17, 2013, 06:07:44 PM
Carnegie Collection:
Updated sculpt:
- T-rex
with feathers;
- Velociraptor;
- Stegosaurus;
- Apatosaururus;
- Parasaurolophus;
- Pachycephalosaurus;
- Pteranodon;
- Allosaurus;
- Euoplocephalus;
- Protoceratops;
Repaint:
- Maiasuara;
- Microraptor;
- Triceratops;
- A marine reptile;
New:
- Chasmosaurus;

:D

I can see that happening, lets hope im not blind

KeU

Carnegie doing a Tyrannosaurus again? We have too many Tyrannosaurus. Do something new or re-sculpt older figures that needs a face-lift more. Like Stegosaurus or Iguanodon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: KeU on July 18, 2013, 02:45:06 AM
Carnegie doing a Tyrannosaurus again? We have too many Tyrannosaurus. Do something new or re-sculpt older figures that needs a face-lift more. Like Stegosaurus or Iguanodon.

Some would disagree..lol

The thing T-Rex is a household name..everyone and especially every kid knows it..so if they want to sel la toy a new Rex is a good way to pretty much insure it.

Gwangi

Tyrannosaurus has been done before but despite being so popular it seems like it is seldom done well. For that reason I would welcome a new Tyrannosaurus from Carnegie.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: