News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Gwangi

Quote from: joossa on July 28, 2013, 05:50:54 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 27, 2013, 11:06:56 PM
to build flocks out of.. probably fleeing from our tyrannosaurs.. ;)
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  :)

I just want a decent looking one. I think their morphologies are beautiful.

Agreed. The market is seriously lacking in Ornithomimids. Also, Alvarezsaurids, I'm not aware of even a single one.

Takama

QuoteThe general shape of dinosaurs such as the Ornithomimids and Ceolophysis cause problems when manufacturing replicas

That was a qhote from everything dinosaur, It explans why there are not that maney out there.   

My big idea for CollectA is to make a Flock of Struthiomimus that connects to there Eating T-Rex..

Then again, i would not mind one at regular sized either.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on July 29, 2013, 03:05:40 AM
QuoteThe general shape of dinosaurs such as the Ornithomimids and Ceolophysis cause problems when manufacturing replicas

That was a qhote from everything dinosaur, It explans why there are not that maney out there.   

My big idea for CollectA is to make a Flock of Struthiomimus that connects to there Eating T-Rex..

LOL, and a Stegosaurus doesn't?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 29, 2013, 04:37:10 AM

Too true ! lol

Honestly that's a poor excuse when many other companies have made them in the past, larger and smaller than 1:40 or so. 

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 29, 2013, 07:02:47 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 29, 2013, 04:37:10 AM

Too true ! lol

Honestly that's a poor excuse when many other companies have made them in the past, larger and smaller than 1:40 or so.
Yeah,just this.And...is easy to make Stegosaurus?   ??? ...and not Coelophysis or any ornithomimid?That's a bit strange,I think.CollectA did a great Deinocheirus in 2012,I don't know why is difficult to make these dinosaurs,imo.

John

Tell Everything Dinosaur to say that to Battat and the Museum of Science,Boston... ;)
To be perfectly honest,it seems that manufacturing difficulties may be why the vast majority of CollectA's dinosaurs and prehistoric animals come out as odd looking as they do.CollectA's manufacturing problems extend to much more than just the ostrich mimics and Coelophysis...
I don't see this kind of problem in either Safari Ltd. or Papo's (their modern animals especially) newest releases,so it's really from those companies that I'm most eagerly awaiting news from. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Concavenator

Wow,I'm very very excited about the Safari Ltd. 2014 dinosaurs!
I remeber the suspense it was in the DTF v.1 in the 2012 Figures Thread when the Safari Ltd.2012 figures weren't still revealed.What nice times! ;D O.M.G in this stage of the year the suspense about new figures kill me! :P .Probaby in the 2014 Safari batch will appear something very requested ,a resculpt or something unexpected(I think).
A new Suchomimus would be an amazing choice...

Takama

Quote from: demoncarnotaur on July 04, 2013, 05:36:23 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know the new Carnegie Dinosaurs were still unknown. Thank god I edited my post in the other thread, haha. Anyways, I think people will like what they have in store as long as they don't expect something 'rare' or exotic.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

must be a resculpt or something common but not done by Carnegie yet (example ceratoesaurus).

Also, one of the things i wish Safari would do is repaint there Microraptor to the color thats been discoverd for it.

John

Quote from: Takama on July 30, 2013, 12:11:18 AM
Oh wow, I didn't know the new Carnegie Dinosaurs were still unknown. Thank god I edited my post in the other thread, haha. Anyways, I think people will like what they have in store as long as they don't expect something 'rare' or exotic.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

must be a resculpt or something common but not done by Carnegie yet (example ceratoesaurus).

Also, one of the things i wish Safari would do is repaint there Microraptor to the color thats been discoverd for it.
I would absolutely love it if the Carnegie Museum actually did do Ceratosaurus for next year. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Concavenator

Quote from: John on July 30, 2013, 03:04:36 AM
Quote from: Takama on July 30, 2013, 12:11:18 AM

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

I would absolutely love it if the Carnegie Museum actually did do Ceratosaurus for next year. ;D
That would be nice  ;) Btw Safari have said they'll be announcing their 2014 dinosaurs in the fall.

sauroid

i'd like to see any brands make a Nasutoceratops figure
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SpartanSquat

I really want to see a Giganotosaurus but in th other hands I want to see Apatosaurus and JP ceratosaurus. But Apatosaurus could be very big and they released the brachiosaurus the last year. So..I really want to se the next year Giganotosaurus, Ceratosaurus and probably a herbivore like Edmontonia

Concavenator

Does anyone knows in what month will Safari announce their new figures?I know they'll be announcing 'em in the fall,but,what month?October,September...?  ???
Thanks  ;)

sauroid

i havent seen any recently made Uintatherium. someone should make a new one.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

therizinosaurus

Quote from: sauroid on July 30, 2013, 07:10:34 PM
i havent seen any recently made Uintatherium. someone should make a new one.

Anything would be an improvement on the Jaru one haha

Concavenator

Thinking on Safari Ltd...
The Concavenator was oroginally planed to be a 2012 release,along with the Brachiosaurus.They delayed it and presented it as a 2013 release.So that means the introduction of Concavenator made some dinosaurs originally planed dinosaur due to be released in 2013 delayed until 2014(I think).
I suppose this is the 25th annyversary figure for Carnegie.And I think Safari was not amused by people's comments like "why only a Carnegie figure in 2012?".And supposedly Carnegie releases 2 dinosaurs per year,or at least it appeared on their website.So I think we'll see an Apatosaurus resculpt and an exotic dinosaur,something similar as the Carnegie 2011 releases (a resculpt of an existing model,Carnotaurus,and an exotic dinosaur,Miragaia,I think)

Concavenator

Are there more 2014 CollectAs announcements today?Thanks.

Daspletodave

Carnegie Ceratosaurus? NOT!
In case you haven't noticed, there is almost NO duplication between Carnegie and Wild Safari anymore. It's almost as if they made a deal not to duplicate each other, except for the BIG FOUR - T-Rex, Triceratops, Allosaurus and Stegosaurus (must haves for any dino maker)
Carnegie has already dropped their Acrocanthosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Mosasaurus, Styracosaurus, and Velociraptor- and some of these have now been released by Wild Safari. And the older (crappier) Wild Safari dinos like Spinosaurus have been retired so as not to compete with the new Carnegie version.
Coincidence? I think not.

John

Quote from: Daspletodave on August 03, 2013, 06:00:21 PM
Carnegie Ceratosaurus? NOT!
In case you haven't noticed, there is almost NO duplication between Carnegie and Wild Safari anymore. It's almost as if they made a deal not to duplicate each other, except for the BIG FOUR - T-Rex, Triceratops, Allosaurus and Stegosaurus (must haves for any dino maker)
Carnegie has already dropped their Acrocanthosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Mosasaurus, Styracosaurus, and Velociraptor- and some of these have now been released by Wild Safari. And the older (crappier) Wild Safari dinos like Spinosaurus have been retired so as not to compete with the new Carnegie version.
Coincidence? I think not.
Actually,I was just saying what I would WANT to see,not predicting what WILL be made.
Besides,while it certainly makes sense for Safari to not want their Wild Safari line to have much overlap with the Carnegie Museum line when it comes to species,I think that if Elasmosaurus can be a part of both lines,than anything can be.While it may not be likely,you can never say never when it comes to what could turn up in either line down the road. :)

John

Whoops,double post...someone please get rip of this...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: