You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Awesome acquistions friends  ^-^. The last weeks I bought these figures.

These are from a flea market and a great store.

These are from a store of Cádiz.

And finally this weekend I went to Madrid and I bought a lot of figures, some of them are a true treasures. However, I think that one of the best treasures that I caught is a WWD Liopleurodon that I won in a bid in Ebay the last thursday :)). After I will share the books  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

FUTABA

I like the look of those modern birds you have there. And well done on getting the Liopleurodon. I hold those in very high regard.
I really really like blue things.

Jetoar

Quote from: FUTABA on March 04, 2014, 10:35:13 PM
I like the look of those modern birds you have there. And well done on getting the Liopleurodon. I hold those in very high regard.

Thanks friend, birds are of differents brands  ^-^. I am waiting to have this wonderful WWD figure in my hands  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

ITdactyl

@Jetoar:  Who made the swan between the Allosaurus and turkey?

tyrantqueen

Quote@Jetoar:  Who made the swan between the Allosaurus and turkey?

Schleich

ITdactyl

Thanks TQ.  'Didn't recognize it.  'Must've been the angle.

Jetoar

Quote from: ITdactyl on March 05, 2014, 04:49:17 AM
Thanks TQ.  'Didn't recognize it.  'Must've been the angle.

Hi friend, It is a Papo Swan, not a Schleich replica. Schleich replica is behind the Yak of Schleich ^-^.

sauroid

the Papo swan is similiar to the older spread wing Schleich swan.
cool new additions.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ITdactyl

Ouch!  Thanks Jetoar.  I was happy when TQ said it was Schleich since we have Schleich locally.  Since it's from Papo, I'll have to go import.

postsaurischian

Quote from: ITdactyl on March 05, 2014, 10:36:43 AM
Ouch!  Thanks Jetoar.  I was happy when TQ said it was Schleich since we have Schleich locally.  Since it's from Papo, I'll have to go import.

There's also a black version ;).

tyrantqueen

There are two swans that look very similar, produced by Schleich and Papo.

Papo swan:

Schleich swan:

Jetoar

Thanks friends  ^-^. Is normal the mistake because they are very similar  ^-^.

Roselaar

Got these from my regular Collecta dealer in Amsterdam today:

Pretty good figures. The Quetz isn't as impressive as the stock photos suggested, but still a good figure. Can't say I'm fond of the eyes though, they look fish-y. The baby Alamosaurus is cute, and not removable. The Ichthyovenator is good also, though its paint job could also have used some more work. The detail is fine though. You get used to the eerie leg position.

FUTABA

Interesting pieces there. The Quetzalcoatlus reminds me very much of their 2011 Hatzegopteryx, but a bit less Boy George and a bit more Billy Idol.
I really really like blue things.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I like the Icthy-can you provide alternate photos of it, Roselaar?
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Roselaar

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on March 06, 2014, 02:35:41 AM

There's a few more pics from different angles from another forum member in the Collecta Thread. If you're still hungry for more, just let me know which angle you would prefer. :)

Concavenator

Quote from: Roselaar on March 06, 2014, 08:30:35 PM

There's a few more pics from different angles from another forum member in the Collecta Thread. If you're still hungry for more, just let me know which angle you would prefer. :)
Sorry,but I'm still hungry,could you take pics viewed from the front,the other side and from behind?Thanks in advance!  ^-^

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Found them. Thanks!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Roselaar

Quote from: Concavenator on March 06, 2014, 08:59:19 PM

Sorry,but I'm still hungry,could you take pics viewed from the front,the other side and from behind?Thanks in advance!  ^-^

These any good?:

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Seems like, once again, the press photo is much better than the final result.  :(
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: