News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 28, 2014, 11:48:10 AM
Trying to trace this all Helge. My Olorotitan was made by Collecta-a.......and the only Sue mini set I know was the two boxed sets, one containing Sue and Anatotitan, and the other had Sue and Torosaurus. I have these in the boxed version, but they were also sold lose as well. To add a bit more irony these figures, including the stunning Torosaurus sculpt were all done by our own Doug Watson.In fact I have my sets because several years back he helped me get them.
  So I am unsure which two Olorotitans you have referenced unless you meant the Collecta and the Anatotitan? And yes, the model on Shapeways and the Collecta piece are enough to insure it is not a unique species any longer.

:-[ :-[  Argh ... of course you're right. Where am I having my head? I mixed up the CollectA Oloro and the Safari Anato ....... titans, of course ;D.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 28, 2014, 12:18:37 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 28, 2014, 11:48:10 AM
Trying to trace this all Helge. My Olorotitan was made by Collecta-a.......and the only Sue mini set I know was the two boxed sets, one containing Sue and Anatotitan, and the other had Sue and Torosaurus. I have these in the boxed version, but they .........

:-[ :-[  Argh ... of course you're right. Where am I having my head? I mixed up the CollectA Oloro and the Safari Anato ....... titans, of course ;D.
I know how that goes Helge, been there and done it before. I just wondered because normally you are quite careful and accurate on everything and this time it was completely foreign to me ....... :) :) :) :) :)
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

Okay, thanks for the info. That's Olorotitan going bye-bye then.

CityRaptor

Quote from: docronnie on May 24, 2014, 03:08:09 PM
Safari Ltd. Wild Safari Hypacrosaurus - 2004

Funny coincidence, yep yep yep!

Since I lack the adult, mine will be "adopted" by my Carnegie Corythosaurus. Got the Baby alongside the Plateosaurus and the two families. Does that count as 4 figures in one haul or 10?

Also added some WWD3D Figures

Series 1 is nearly complete, only missing Patchi, Scowler and the Alphadon, but I plan to get the 3-Pack at one point and I'm not interested in the Alphadon.

Also my first Kinto Softmodel: The Tamba Sauropod!

Not bad for a beginning, eh?

Also got two books: One used, the other was said to be new, according to the seller.

I think both have seen better days.

And last but not least, I finally subscribed to Prehistoric Times:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Finally I got myself a Papo Archaeopteryx.

Roselaar

Very nice acqs, CityRaptor! Is there enough to tell about Seismosaurus to fill a whole book?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Roselaar on May 29, 2014, 07:51:20 PM
Very nice acqs, CityRaptor! Is there enough to tell about Seismosaurus to fill a whole book?
Actually there is, the story of this dinosaur is rather fascinating, and the author, David Gillette is the one who spent years recovering the animal. Although he was wrong about the placement of the tail verts and the overall size and species it is still a good read. There were things involved with the recovery of this dinosaur that were quite unique and used some very different sciences.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ridureyu

Grimlock!

Are you SUUUURE I can't do this for the diorama contest?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ridureyu on May 30, 2014, 09:22:48 AM
Are you SUUUURE I can't do this for the diorama contest?

Well, maybe you can. But your chances of winning would be very small then.

SpittersForEver

Why does everyone love the Tamba Sauropod, I have seen many people buying them and was wondering why?

Gwangi

Quote from: SpittersForEver on May 30, 2014, 09:38:55 AM
Why does everyone love the Tamba Sauropod, I have seen many people buying them and was wondering why?

It is a museum exclusive for Japan's Osaka Natural History Museum. It is not a figure that would normally be easy to acquire but Dejankin's (an online dinosaur vendor) has managed to get a shipment into the U.S. Basically we're buying them before he runs out and the figure becomes hard to find or more expensive. Maybe not everyone is getting them from Dejankin's but I did. It is also just a fine accurate model of a newly discovered sauropod so there is that too.

Gwangi

Was expecting a package containing the 2011 Carnegie Carnotaurus and the Papo running Tyrannosaurus. Got here today, the Tyrannosaurus is fantastic BUT...they sent me the 1997 Carnotaurus! I took the rex out of the box and was looking around thinking "did they forget the carno?" and suddenly there it was under the packaging. Among the worst Carnegie models out there, one I never wanted, now mine for a $20 price tag! Needless to say I have to take care of this but what a PITA.  >:(

Libraraptor

It´s very elegant, has correct forefeet and is relatively hard to get. This combination made it attractive to me.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on May 30, 2014, 02:12:38 PM

It is a museum exclusive for Japan's Osaka Natural History Museum. It is not a figure that would normally be easy to acquire but Dejankin's (an online dinosaur vendor) has managed to get a shipment into the U.S. Basically we're buying them before he runs out and the figure becomes hard to find or more expensive. Maybe not everyone is getting them from Dejankin's but I did. It is also just a fine accurate model of a newly discovered sauropod so there is that too.
Another reason to love this model, Sauropods are not that commonly found in this country. While there have been teeth found several times, this specimen has seen over fifty bones recovered just so far with work still ongoing.

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 30, 2014, 09:57:24 PM

It´s very elegant, has correct forefeet and is relatively hard to get. This combination made it attractive to me.

Plus there's no other toys of this species around (yet). Basically your question should be: 'why wouldn't anyone love the Tamba Sauropod?' The only answer I could think of would be it's awkwardly shiny, somewhat dull paint scheme.

That sucks, Gwangi! How can anyone mistake the two Carnotaurs, other than by going solely by the name? They look nothing alike!

Takama

Quote from: Roselaar on May 30, 2014, 11:23:04 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on May 30, 2014, 09:57:24 PM

Plus there's no other toys of this species around (yet). Basically your question should be: 'why wouldn't anyone love the Tamba Sauropod?' The only answer I could think of would be it's awkwardly shiny, somewhat dull paint scheme.

That sucks, Gwangi! How can anyone mistake the two Carnotaurs, other than by going solely by the name? They look nothing alike!

Some people are just too lazy to read.

I Ordered a Papo Pachyrhinosaurus one time but I received a Pachycephalosaurus instead.

postsaurischian

It is a museum exclusive for Japan's Osaka Natural History Museum. .......

The figure is being produced for the Museum of Nature and Human Activities in Hyōgo, but yes - they also sell it in Osaka, which isn't far away.

Gwangi

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 31, 2014, 11:13:32 AM

It is a museum exclusive for Japan's Osaka Natural History Museum. .......

The figure is being produced for the Museum of Nature and Human Activities in Hyōgo, but yes - they also sell it in Osaka, which isn't far away.

Thanks for the correction.

SpittersForEver

Thanks for answering but let's get back to the topic,
I just received the Papo Pachyacephelasaurus.

alexeratops

Quote from: SpittersForEver on May 31, 2014, 11:58:26 AM
Thanks for answering but let's get back to the topic,
I just received the Papo Pachyacephelasaurus.
Cool! Is he a good one?
like a bantha!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: