You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

So thanks to Brett I have a new box off figures from Japan! Oddly, it is entirely aquatic. Not sure how that happens.

First, the new Favorite Dunkleosteus and Anomalocaris (soft models, the smaller ones--I just couldn't bring myself to spend on the big ones--and these ones are big enough).

Then a few small figures--new Kaiyodo Tiger shark, Bottlecap Matamata turtle, and two Animal Kaiser figures, the Velez skate and the Piraya piranha:

Finally, I have a third set of the Colorata Fossil Fishes box. Mostly because of the blue arowana!

I did get the whole box. But I haven't opened any of the rest.

I'm pretty sure I'm about to put them up for sale or very specific trade. In my sales/trades thread though.

JurassicJr

I got this "Chinasaur" T. rex at Target this weekend for $3. I thought it looked nice for a Chinasaur. :D

JurassicJr

I also bought this Smithsonian Woolly Mammoth set at CVS this week. It should've include Neanderthals instead of the Dinosaurs, but I like the Mammoth which trumpets when you lower it's head.

Alexxitator

Ahh the fossil fish. I too have fallen in love with those  ;)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 29, 2014, 11:37:49 PM
Was Simolestes really that gracile, or is it just heavily stylised?

It was bulkier in reality, most likely. Like I said, the designer isn't an expert.

SBell

Quote from: JurassicJr on November 30, 2014, 08:29:14 AM
I also bought this Smithsonian Woolly Mammoth set at CVS this week. It should've include Neanderthals instead of the Dinosaurs, but I like the Mammoth which trumpets when you lower it's head.

That looks like a repaint of the original ChapMei mammoth--which came with the space and holes for sounds, but doesn't make any:

stargatedalek

these beauties just arrived the other day, (thanks again Gwangi ;) )

Safari ltd. 2010 Edmontosaurus and 1993 velociraptor

Dinomike

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 30, 2014, 08:12:42 PM
these beauties just arrived the other day, (thanks again Gwangi ;) )

Safari ltd. 2010 Edmontosaurus and 1993 velociraptor

I have the Edmontosaurus and I really like it. The Velociraptor looks very accurate for its age. Maybe I should get one? :D
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on November 25, 2014, 07:46:52 AM
did you take pics of the china T. rex?

That's the trex

Quote from: JurassicJr on November 30, 2014, 08:19:41 AM
I got this "Chinasaur" T. rex at Target this weekend for $3. I thought it looked nice for a Chinasaur. :D

Alexxitator

My "collection C" arrived today!
Overall I am very happy with them all.

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

CityRaptor

Nice!

Quote from: JurassicJr on November 30, 2014, 08:29:14 AM

If those were to scale, and the Dinosaurs were supposed to be full-sized and not dawrf forms, that would be some sort of Mammoth Kaiju.

Quote from: Dinomike on December 01, 2014, 03:40:57 PM
I have the Edmontosaurus and I really like it. The Velociraptor looks very accurate for its age. Maybe I should get one? :D
Still need to get that one myself. Easily one of the best 90s Velociraptors.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: Alexxitator on December 01, 2014, 05:33:48 PM

Awesome set, isn't it? :) I see you got the version where they come in a box rather than on their own separate cards. I'd almost be inclined to get the box too, so I never have to take the figures out of their cards, because I'm very much tempted to do so...

Megalosaurus

Congratulations to everyone.

Some time ago I received this, but never posted them. So here you are:
PlayVisions amphibians + Mojo Tylacine

Also my first Terras:

And I've just received this Kaiyodos:

Quick & easy love diorama:

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Mighty King

Genial Amigo Megalosaurus; Great collection!

Alexxitator

Quote from: Roselaar on December 01, 2014, 08:50:27 PM
Quote from: Alexxitator on December 01, 2014, 05:33:48 PM

Awesome set, isn't it? :) I see you got the version where they come in a box rather than on their own separate cards. I'd almost be inclined to get the box too, so I never have to take the figures out of their cards, because I'm very much tempted to do so...

Getting them as a lot does have one downside though; a customs bill was attached to it... I never liked those  :-X
-Charles Darwin-

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Just received this batch of lovely Kaiyodosaurs:

Some amazing figures here. The paint job on the Spinosaurs and Coelophysises is simply stunning.

Alexxitator

Quote from: Roselaar on December 02, 2014, 08:28:25 PM
Just received this batch of lovely Kaiyodosaurs:

Some amazing figures here. The paint job on the Spinosaurs and Coelophysises is simply stunning.

Always interesting to see how different the paints are even on the same version. Your Anhanguera (I think A) is totally different from mine. As are the red Spino, and Coelop B.
-Charles Darwin-

DinoLord

The Anhanguera is version A. Version B is grey and white with no blue.

sauroid

cool hauls everyone. re kaiyodo dino tales paint job: true about the subtle variation of paint within the same version, that's why i cant let go of most of my excess/doubles.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: