You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on September 14, 2015, 08:03:43 AM
i see that all the time in garage sales and flea markets. how do i recognise the genuine Marx? do they have a mark on the belly? and are the Ja-Ru recasts also valuable as collectors' items?

No, not really. Their two unique mammals are interesting to collectors, but they aren't valuable as far as money-value goes. The D&D-inspiring ones often sell for more on ebay (which isn't saying much).

And Marx or MPC will be solid colours (sometimes Marx are swirled plastic colours as well); they never painted their figures. And they will be marked somewhere with a name and length. I can't recall Ja-Ru having markings.

docronnie

Some Ja-ru figs have markings.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

SBell

Quote from: docronnie on September 15, 2015, 02:01:19 AM
Some Ja-ru figs have markings.

I don't remmeber mine having any, but I haven't really looked closely for a long time.

sauroid

thanks for the info SBell. yeah i have the Ja-Ru Uintatherium and it does have a mark on the belly.
anyway, some recent stuff...
an outdated reference book (with a lot of cool palaeo illustrations), and a PT back issue (that i ordered for the cool article on 3D printing)

figures still in their bags

the best looking plastic wooly mammoth ever made

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Good job on getting the Safari Kentrosaurus, one of the best stegosaur figures.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

sauroid

thanks triceratops83. i wonder if the CollectA Kentro is also as good.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on September 15, 2015, 02:58:14 PM
thanks triceratops83. i wonder if the CollectA Kentro is also as good.

In my opinion, Collecta Kentrosaurus is less detailed than Safari.
Also its plastic is very thin...  ???
The best Kentro is the newest Schleich..   ::)

docronnie

Congrats Sauroid!  :)

That Kentro caught my eye too .... excellent figure!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

sauroid

that's the first time ive seen a clear pic of the CollectA kentro. it came out during the time when the brand wasnt making very good figures yet.
i have the Schleich Kentro and of course it is the best Kentro so far IMO. :)

thanks everyone.

Paleona

Nice gets!  I've been thinking about ordering a couple issues of PT myself.

I agree with Robin- the Schleich Kentro is wonderful!  It looks great photographed with gold like that, too. :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on September 15, 2015, 05:54:08 PM
that's the first time ive seen a clear pic of the CollectA kentro. it came out during the time when the brand wasnt making very good figures yet.

thanks everyone.

As a reference for other collectors, I started to organize my photo-albums into brands:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/collections/72157658671922655/

I hope that's useful....  O:-)

sauroid

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on September 15, 2015, 06:21:34 PM
Quote from: sauroid on September 15, 2015, 05:54:08 PM

thanks everyone.

As a reference for other collectors, I started to organize my photo-albums into brands:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/collections/72157658671922655/

I hope that's useful....  O:-)
that's awesome. thanks.  :)

Paleona

I noticed my collection did not have any sauropods in it, so I had to correct this.  The last time I got a "longneck" was when I was a kid, playing with chinasaurs.  :))

So I ordered the lovely CollectA Diplodocus:

It's a really impressive figure, besides the super thin neck!  Very happy with this guy.  Unfortunately, the sun is too high and bright right now to take any nice pics outside, but I thought my indoor majesty palm was making some cool shadows. :)

suspsy

Picked up these three at Target on the way back from my honeymoon. I was looking forward to reviewing them on Facebook, as I knew it would please Dan. :(

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

To my surprise, I found these JW puzzles and assorted merchandise for bargain prices at a book fair:

Didn't even know most of these existed. :)

Dilopho

I waiting all day for these to arrive yesterday. I finally gave up, "maybe they'll come tomorrow", when the sweet sound of door-knocking filled the air. I ran to the door to answer, and lo and behold it was the postie carrying a box marked "toys". Yaaay! I ran inside, grabbed the scissors, demolished the box top and pulled out my long-awaited....trains? Why is the box filled with model trains? Where are my raptors?
The postie had mixed up the parcels. After a long and slightly angry phone call, I managed to sort things out, and they arrived today. I still don't know where to send the trains, though. Here's some celebration photos:

Even the greatest hunters will scavenge from time-to-time...the pack has come across a freshly-killed tinned steak...

Ever wondered how to remove slugs from your lettuce patch? Hire tiny raptors to hunt them.

Welcome to the throne room...

joossa

Haha, those raptors look like they're having the time of their life.  ;D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

Those raptor pics remind me of the Dinovember stuff! Lots of fun! Here's what I got some time ago for my kids: The Jungle Plush T.rex! My kids really like him! :)

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

RobinGoodfellow

...some old dinos and a modern relative...  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

I've been searching for this guy for years..... it's my Holy Grail !    O:-)
Thanks to Ebay DE the search is ended  ::)

Bullyland Batrachotomus:

...Batry meets some old friends  ;D

More pictures on my collection thread.

See you soon...   :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: