You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on September 25, 2015, 08:02:12 AM
congratulations on those awesome hauls everyone. my solution for lack of space in my house: i just store the figures in bins, that way i can still buy all the ones i want.

You are right but, without a shelf, it's like to buy diamonds and put them in a safe.....  ;)

tyrantqueen

congratulations on those awesome hauls everyone. my solution for lack of space in my house: i just store the figures in bins, that way i can still buy all the ones i want.
What happens when you run out of place to put the bins? :)) Put the bins in even bigger bins?

sauroid

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 25, 2015, 10:05:10 AM
What happens when you run out of place to put the bins? :)) Put the bins in even bigger bins?
i will find a way ^-^
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 25, 2015, 10:05:10 AM
*raises hand slowly*

I have an old bookshelf that I'm currently in the process of altering, which should give me a lot more display space for figures and my new tank, but I'll need to pack up all but a few books, some of the more interesting ones that I don't read anymore I might sell (shameless plug sorry :P ).

suspsy

My father-in-law and I dismantled and put away in storage a wonderful old wooden bookcase with sliding glass doors. The idea is that it will someday be used to house my collection. Of course, we need to get a house first!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Two, unusual additions tonight. Just picked these adorable little things up at Walmart while searching for one of those plastic vulture skeleton halloween ornaments to customize. I figured I'd check the JW section to see if anything was on mark down, and I had to get these little things.

Unlike Mikoto Tokiwadai Railgun and Dino Tales Meiolania they won't be permanent residents of my desk, but for now I can't help play with them a bit as I type. Although perhaps Mikoto is appropriate since to me they give off a very chibi/J-Pop vibe.

The action feature is forgettable but not entirely underwhelming. Both are adorable, the Dilophosaurus is just so derpy and then the Mosasaurus looks like a Disney villain.

Tyrannosauron

Just finished putting up this set of watercolor postcards from artist Levi Hastings. Beautiful stuff from a super nice guy!

Rain

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on September 26, 2015, 03:00:47 AM
Just finished putting up this set of watercolor postcards from artist Levi Hastings. Beautiful stuff from a super nice guy!

Wow, those look great!

Roselaar

Yeah, those look very nice on your wall. :)

Halichoeres

They are somehow reminiscent (except the palette, of course) of some of the native art of the Pacific Northwest.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Urzeitshop from Germany made some rebates.... this is probably my last order about Carnegie..  :'(

In the meantime I combined the shipment with some Collecta's beauties  :o

The new Collecta Feathered Rex is really gorgeous  8)

p.s.  ...a kind invoice from Urzeitshop....  O:-)

..see you soon...  :)

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 26, 2015, 03:49:41 PM
They are somehow reminiscent (except the palette, of course) of some of the native art of the Pacific Northwest.

I hadn't thought about it that way, but now that you point that out it makes sense. The artist is from Seattle. Once I get some expenses out of the way I intend to commission him for my "Dinosaur Philosophy" series...

Kayakasaurus

Really beautiful artwork you got there! I looked the artist up and he is very talented, and definitely from Seattle  :))
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Dinomike

Wow! That's stunning! Greay looking art and a lovely display!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

EmperorDinobot

I present to thee, my latest haul NFS.

Impressively enough, these were all free.

CityRaptor

For free? Nice.

My latest haul:
Prehistoric Times Magazine 113 and the graphic ( in more ways than one ) novel Dinosaurs Attack! The latter, based on the Trading Cards, and obviously not accurate, was found at the local comic store, surrounded by Pony comics....

Kaiyodo JPIII Brachiosaurus & UHA Nessie ( Normally I don't go for cryptids, but that one looks nice. )

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 27, 2015, 08:29:20 AM
Impressively enough, these were all free.

Through what power hast thou achieved this?

stargatedalek

Forgot to post these from a few weeks ago.

JP Junior Tyrannosaurus, got lucky at Value Village.

All of these are from the 50 mile yard-sale Nova Scotia has annually. I've had better years but all in all a fair bit of deals.

JP/// raptor from motorcycle set http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/jurassic-park-3/vehicles/raptor-motorcycle/index.htm . I didn't notice anything else from the set there.

This generic Pteranodon was thrown in alongside the Hexbug.

Scientific Toys Plateosaurus and Brachiosaurus.

Just the other day at TRU I got a Hero Masher Indominus on markdown, it's an unexpected pleasure! While the entire premise is super gimmicky, all the gimmicks are actually done really well (and no screw holes :P ). The invisible ink patterns are definitely neat, it balances really well, and its very poseable (and I imagine interchangeable if you own more than one :P).

And a very special package arrived today.
Play Visions Shonisaurus and Nothosaurus.

The Safari toob Nothosaurus makes for a lovely pair.

~ 海巳慧琉

Roselaar

Excellent haul!

I can't help but notice your Scientific Toys dinosaurs have different paint jobs than mine. Anybody know whether variants or re-releases of these figures were released?

RobinGoodfellow

A group of old Schleich ReplicaSaurus for 30 Euro (thanks to an Ebay auction).....   ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: