You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LophoLeeVT

can i see the inside of the set???
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on January 15, 2016, 09:07:22 PM
Wow, that's a big lot of Starlux! Must have cost you a fair bit, but it definitely seems worth it, I spot some lovely critters! :)
It cost much less than it would have to buy all ~90 of these separately, certainly. But it definitely ate up my dinosaur budget for a couple of months.

Thanks for the advice on glue, guys. I just wanted to be sure cyanoacrylate wouldn't cause old resin-y type plastic to melt or burn.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

Modified forms of it are used as medical bonds, so I doubt there's much risk of melting.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 15, 2016, 03:26:06 PM
Just in from France:

Unfortunately, they were incautiously packaged, so six or seven had pieces break off in transit. Thankfully, none of the dozen or so figures I was after was damaged. Anybody have recommendations for a glue that will hold this brittle old plastic without damaging it?

Simply wonderful !  :o

CityRaptor

Quote from: raptor64870 on January 16, 2016, 02:25:27 PM

Sure. I will make some pics of part of it, not the whole book.

Part of the Diorama ( and my Invicta Plesiosaur ), Sea Scorpion, Eurypteryds

Tylosaurus, Metriorhynchus, Nothosaurus, Tanystropheus, Horn Coral

Kinda looks like the old Carnegie Mosasaurus, doesn't it?

Temnodontosaurus, Archelon, part of the Diorama
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Archinto

Just in from France:

Unfortunately, they were incautiously packaged, so six or seven had pieces break off in transit. Thankfully, none of the dozen or so figures I was after was damaged. Anybody have recommendations for a glue that will hold this brittle old plastic without damaging it?

Daaaang now there's a whole lot of vintage awesomeness! Congrats on the score!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Bokisaurus

Amazing Starlux lot!
Well, Small new additions for me :)
A Couple of Sega Minis - Amara and Acro

Something I have been searching for a long time, Kaiyodod 2004 Expo Chuanijiesaurus!

Cheers!

PaleoMatt

I don't have it yet but I found the oldest variation of the carnegie dilo pair for around £24 on eBay! A bargain if you ask me! It will hopefully be here in early February. Now i'm looking for the protoceratops :P

Roselaar

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 16, 2016, 11:38:31 PM

That's a pretty awesome book! You gonna keep it as is, or are you gonna cut out the figures?

SBell

Just in from France:

That's a fantastic lot you have there--and yeah, I've received several lots of Starlux from Europe in my day, and they were almost alwyas just kind of tossed in a bag (never any damage though).

Watch out for offers to sell though--some, like the Spirifer, paraiesaurs, and Trilobite, don't look like much, but are among the rarest and most sought after ($$$) Starlux!

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on January 18, 2016, 12:57:07 AM
That's a fantastic lot you have there--and yeah, I've received several lots of Starlux from Europe in my day, and they were almost alwyas just kind of tossed in a bag (never any damage though).

Watch out for offers to sell though--some, like the Spirifer, paraiesaurs, and Trilobite, don't look like much, but are among the rarest and most sought after ($$$) Starlux!

Thanks for the tip--I'll likely end up trading or selling about 80% of these, so that's good to know.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Just in from France:

:o :o :o

CityRaptor

Quote from: Roselaar on January 17, 2016, 08:02:25 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on January 16, 2016, 11:38:31 PM

That's a pretty awesome book! You gonna keep it as is, or are you gonna cut out the figures?

Thanks. I'm actually not too sure what to do with it. I mainly got it out of curiosity since I found it for cheap ( Only paid 3,60 Euros including shipping ) and recognized that it is similar to books that were available in Germany during the 90s ( we however only got the 2 Dinosaur ones, there also seems to be a prehistoric mammal one. No interest in that ) . I would probably punch out the diorama if I had a second, but I'm not willing to pay 30 Euros for another.   
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

AcroSauroTaurus

Congrats on finding the Chuanijiesaurus Boki! And that Acrocanthosaurus is tempting... I'll have to look for one online.
I am the Dinosaur King!

J.R.S T REX

Today I received my Sideshow Stegasaurus Maquette.  Simple awesome!  My credenza base has just 1 spot that I intend to fill and 2 spots on top of the hutch.  Thanks for looking!

stargatedalek

Is it damaged or are you still assembling it? The whole case together looks quite stunning.

J.R.S T REX

I forgot to put on some of the plates.  I reposted with it complete.

Takama

I think you put one of the plates on wrong.  :P

J.R.S T REX

Takima, thank you for your correct observation!  I turned it around.  Newbee error! 

Silvanusaurus

My first Shapeways acquisition: 2 baryonyx's by Manuel Bejarano, at 1/72 scale. These are tiny! Smaller than I expected, but the detail is incredible, they are beautiful little figures, I can't wait to paint them.

I've gotten quite a few different baryonyx figures over the past couple of weeks, but I think I'm going to start a collection thread and post them in there. I also recently came across this spinosaurus in a group of mini figures, and I thought it was quite funny how this may have actually managed to become more accurate with the passage of time:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: