You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on August 02, 2012, 12:30:32 AM
:'( :'( :'(so sorry that a source of dinosaurs for you is now gone. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Im lucky to evean have Papos in my reach at a local shop.

Congralations on aquiering the display

Thank you. I'm not even sure where around here might carry Papos now..this store used to but said they were hard to keep stocked so quit shortly after the first ones.

I feel very honored to have this display, it will be a wonderful ( and LARGE ) reminder for me.

Gwangi

Here is my latest lot from eBay. I don't normally buy extant animals but I had to get the AAA reptiles (two lizards and a snake) to go with the AAA monitor lizard I've since I was a kid. The fact that there was a Carnegie Allosaurus and that little U.K.R.D Brachiosaurus helps too. The whale was a pleasant surprise as it was not mentioned on eBay, I really like it a lot. The big Ankylosaurus and sea turtle will need to find new homes so expect to see them in my trade thread soon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice score..I love the AAA reptiles.

You collect extant animal skulls ?  I have a couple for sale or trade if interested. :)

Thanks to Martin I will soon be getting one of my grail pieces I've wanted since I was kid in 93' :

Now I just need to figure out how to best display it ! lol

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2012, 12:03:10 AM
My last local Safari store is closing after 18 years.   I was good friends with the owner and she let me have her Safari display for 60.00 :

I've looked at it for years and never even asked..such wonderful people her and her family are...they were my dino connection long before my mom passed away and we both frequented the store. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

That version of the mountain is somewhat newer than the one I have. I sorta like that yours has a Psittacosaurus where mine has the Iguanadon. I think mine has the original US lineup used for the mountain display with almost everything on it retired now. I admit I like the figures on yours more than mine..ha
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 04, 2012, 05:04:51 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2012, 12:03:10 AM
My last local Safari store is closing after 18 years.   I was good friends with the owner and she let me have her Safari display for 60.00 :

I've looked at it for years and never even asked..such wonderful people her and her family are...they were my dino connection long before my mom passed away and we both frequented the store. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

That version of the mountain is somewhat newer than the one I have. I sorta like that yours has a Psittacosaurus where mine has the Iguanadon. I think mine has the original US lineup used for the mountain display with almost everything on it retired now. I admit I like the figures on yours more than mine..ha

I'd love to have a original mountain with all the older figures on it like in the poster they released, but yeah I love this one as well. It has several variations of figures I don't have...like the Para. I have the original one and the newer one with the head resculpt..but not this one.  My Dilophosaur pair are also different from these.  Do the mountains ship with attached figures ? Or can you place however you like ?  It looks to me on this one that they were placed with however the owner wanted, making for some odd placement of figures and labels.

amargasaurus cazaui

Mine at least was seemingly a sales sample. It came with the figures properly labeled and all glued tightly in place. Mine has the nesting Maisasura, the retired mosasaur, the Smilodon, protoceratops nest, and the tiny little dimetrodon, and pack of running raptors. It has the original t-rex, stegosaurus, and triceratops. By original I mean the original set they used for the mountain I assume, and not the very first ones they made, as they are different than some of the figures i have seen posted other places here.

[attachment msg=15464][/attachment]
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah  I can tell the Allosaurus is the newer one..if you can really cal it that..it's been out for so long it needs a whole new sculpt already..lol   The Rex also looks like the newer version of the old one.  I wonder when they started releasing the mountain as a display piece ?  Makes me wonder if the original series had a display like this at all ?   

The mountain was also used for the Hidden Kingdom line and the Monteray Bay line...but I believe the dinos were first.

Takama

You guys are makeing me evys of  you haveing one.

And miss my days as a kid, when i walk into Imagine That Toy Shop and see them on desplay.

The mountain that they had did not have the figures glued, soo the manager used it as a shelf for them all, alowing costomers to take one down to examine and ultimatly Purchus.

since then, that toy shop has gotten rid of the glorius mountain and its figures in favour of some cheap @$$ chinasaurs.
The manager said that he did that because the "Carnegis are too expensive".

Now all thats left for a source of Carnegis around here is a real old Drug Store/Gift shop in a town south of Fort Madison. But it seems no one notices them, and they are not evean adding more in stock. I now got all the ones they have. However, they have a few rare Vanishing Wild figures that were never sold in the shops lifetime, and they are still in good condition. (Pm if interested with me tradeing these for 2012 CollectAs anyone ;))

amargasaurus cazaui

I only can say I have had the thing for several years, it is still the original way I got it, and does seem to be close to the original line up as far as mounted on a mountain, at least. By saying that I mean to say that I have never seen another mountain display with the same older figures as my own has. I have seen mountains with newer figures, and this or that replaced, but never one with the original retired line up all mounted .
  I am being careful how I say it because watching the threads I do know there are older versions of the figures that pre date my own display, that are out there as single pieces.
    It does make collecting Carnegies a bit simpler for me however....I purchased the current pieces , then the retired ones, and now just stay current. I have never made an intensive effort to get all molds, and recolors, so it works for me

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 04, 2012, 06:49:07 AM
I only can say I have had the thing for several years, it is still the original way I got it, and does seem to be close to the original line up as far as mounted on a mountain, at least. By saying that I mean to say that I have never seen another mountain display with the same older figures as my own has. I have seen mountains with newer figures, and this or that replaced, but never one with the original retired line up all mounted .
  I am being careful how I say it because watching the threads I do know there are older versions of the figures that pre date my own display, that are out there as single pieces.
    It does make collecting Carnegies a bit simpler for me however....I purchased the current pieces , then the retired ones, and now just stay current. I have never made an intensive effort to get all molds, and recolors, so it works for me

Same here, never actually bought the repainted pieces and such on purpose..but they do turn up.  I would like to find a Deinonychus trio and an older  Protoceratops with nest as well..if anyone would like to sell or trade. They are really all I'm missing. 

Wasn't their a page before somewhere listing all the variations of each figure ?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 04, 2012, 02:05:53 AM

You collect extant animal skulls ?  I have a couple for sale or trade if interested. :)

Thanks to Martin I will soon be getting one of my grail pieces I've wanted since I was kid in 93' :

What big eyes you have :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 04, 2012, 11:49:42 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 04, 2012, 02:05:53 AM

What big eyes you have :))

All the better to see you with my dear.  ^-^

ajax

After being totally ripped off with postage and handling costs I was even more dissapointed with some of the dinosaurs that arrived last week, My Carnegie Spino doesn't stand up by itself neither does my (new) safari Acro or my Papo running rex.

SBell

Quote from: ajax on August 06, 2012, 05:16:03 AM
After being totally ripped off with postage and handling costs I was even more dissapointed with some of the dinosaurs that arrived last week, My Carnegie Spino doesn't stand up by itself neither does my (new) safari Acro or my Papo running rex.

Where did you order from? As in company.

As for the standing--a little heat treatment (blow dryer or hot water) followed by quick cooling usually works well for Carnegie/Safari figures.  Can't speak for Papos.

Gwangi

A nice little lot I bought on eBay for cheap. I already have a Tyco Deinonychus so that one will be up for trade.

ajax

Quote from: SBell on August 06, 2012, 06:02:35 AM
Quote from: ajax on August 06, 2012, 05:16:03 AM

Where did you order from? As in company.

As for the standing--a little heat treatment (blow dryer or hot water) followed by quick cooling usually works well for Carnegie/Safari figures.  Can't speak for Papos.
TGF toys, I was stupid to pay but had a sinus infection and wasn't thinking clearly the day I ordered and paid, I should have questioned the price but they had already posted by the time I felt better and reviewed my order.
Anyway, If anyone knows of another company with Safari and Bullyland, (they are the 2 main brands I can't buy here) willing to ship to Australia at a reasonable rate please let me know as I still need many Bullyland dinosaurs and a few safari one's, plus future figures. Thanks,

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

So can our own member Dan I'm sure :  dansdinosaurs.com  ;)

Nice score Gwangi, I love the Coelophysis and screeching Raptor..it was my first JP toy.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2012, 01:35:47 AM
So can our own member Dan I'm sure :  dansdinosaurs.com  ;)

Nice score Gwangi, I love the Coelophysis and screeching Raptor..it was my first JP toy.

yeah, but he is looking for bullyland items, and Dean has quite a few of the retired ones (Im not counting the mammals BTW).
as well as the Carnegis

no offense to Dan

deanm

Pterosaur score - 8 decent new pterosaur toys.

I was quite blissed out by getting this set of 8 toys. As you can see they are larger than a "tube" figure. The Canadian Quater is for scale (about 1 inch/25mm in size).

What made me rather happy was that for chinasaurs they were quite nice and that there was a decent diversity of figures.

Ornithocheirus

Pteranodon

Tupandactylus

Dsungaripterus

Rhamphorhynchus

Scaphognathus

Dimorphodon

Campylognathoides

The lot of them

I did get a few extra sets so check out my new classified thread if you are interested.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: