You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Patrx's Collection (Fauna Prehistorica)

Started by Patrx, April 04, 2012, 12:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the pictures "it is to open your mouth" in my case, my Safari 2020 dinosaurs are on their way by urzeitshop. It's a matter of days coming.

The two figures of pachycephalosaurus and dilophosaurus from Safari 2020 are beauties.

Concavenator

avatar_Patrx @Patrx congratulations for your new figures! Those two are very nice! I like the Dilophosaurus a lot!! I think it's without a doubt one of the best of this year's lineup from Safari, it looks so gracile and elegant, and there's a curious look to it.

I thought you were going to get the Deinonychus too.   :))

Patrx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 13, 2020, 09:34:58 PM
Thanks for the pictures "it is to open your mouth" in my case, my Safari 2020 dinosaurs are on their way by urzeitshop. It's a matter of days coming.

I'm not sure I'm familiar with that figure of speech, but I'm always glad to provide photos to the best of my ability! I look forward to reading your thoughts on the new figures once you receive them :)

Quote from: Jose S.M. on January 13, 2020, 09:24:53 PMThe issue with the Dilo standing without tail support reminds me of my Safari Coelophysis which stands with it's tail off the ground too, it has been like that for a year or more probably, since I noticed about a year ago.

The new Dilophosaurus actually has a lot in common with the Coelophysis, though somewhat smaller. They're clearly designed to use the tail as an additional support but are, in the right circumstances, capable of being balanced on their tiny feet. Pretty cool!

Quote from: Concavenator on January 13, 2020, 11:49:27 PMI like the Dilophosaurus a lot!! I think it's without a doubt one of the best of this year's lineup from Safari, it looks so gracile and elegant, and there's a curious look to it.

Agreed, I daresay it's actually pretty cute, which I always appreciate in a theropod reconstruction.

Quote from: ConcavenatorI thought you were going to get the Deinonychus too.   :))

I most definitely am–I'm really looking forward to seeing the Deinonychus in person especially. These two just arrived a little sooner.

postsaurischian

I like both of the new Safaris you've shown and ordered them.
You've captured the Dilophosaurus' eye so well. Beautiful :D !

Killekor

Thanks for showing to us the photos and your thoughts on the new Safari figures, Patrx! They're both awesome, in particular the Pachycephalosaurus. Mr. Doug Watson did a really great job sculpting them!
Congratulations for your new acquisitions! I'm curious to read your thoughts on the Deinonychus and Sarcosuchus.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Libraraptor

Stunning Pachy, and it seems I have underestimated their new Dilophosaurus. Looks quite elegant on this detailed picture.

Halichoeres

Nice photos! Glad to be seeing these guys pop up :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

Time for another update!

Deinonychus anthirropus
by Doug Watson for Safari

My full review is on the blog, but wow, this one is great. I'll fix up the scuffed paint and warped toe on mine, and probably pick up another one for a full-on repaint later on.

Edmontosaurus regalis by Doug Watson for Safari

Another stellar Doug Watson hadrosaur, the scale detail on this one is just fantastic, and matches up with known fossil material. If you're on the fence about this one, have a look at it in person so you can get a close look at the sculpt. Brand-new research (October 2019) indicates the presence of a keratinous nail on the hands of these animals, so I might try to customize this figure in the future.

Atlasaurus imelakei by Shu-yu Hsu for Eofauna

Glad to finally add this one to the collection! It's quite beautiful and a great illustration of a slightly unusual sauropod.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Patrx @Patrx Nice photos of your additions the deinoychus, edmontosaurus, both from Safari and Eofauna atlasaurus are unusual figures. I congratulate you for having such good taste when choosing toy dinosaur figures.

Killekor

Congrats for your new acquisitions Patrx! You've bought some awesome figures!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Concavenator

avatar_Patrx @Patrx Congratulations for your new figures, you have a good taste!

I have the Eofauna Atlasaurus myself, and it's wonderful. Without a doubt, it's one of the best figures in my collection. And regarding the two Safaris, I don't have them, but I want a Deinonychus for myself. I have been hoping for a good figure of it since I was very little, Deinonychus is one of my favorite dinosaurs.

BTW, I guess you mean Edmontosaurus regalis, not Edmontosaurus annectens. Edmontosaurus regalis is the species that was found with the crest on its head.

Patrx

Thanks folks!

Quote from: Concavenator on February 25, 2020, 10:22:35 PM
BTW, I guess you mean Edmontosaurus regalis, not Edmontosaurus annectens. Edmontosaurus regalis is the species that was found with the crest on its head.

Yo, good catch! I'll fix that.

Halichoeres

Wonderful photos as always. The Atlasaurus is especially luminous.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Patrx

Thanks, Halichoeres! These have such cool textures that lighting them is part of the fun.

Patrx

Just got some new lighting and shelf space installed here! Pretty happy with the overall look. With the space being so minimal, I'm constantly trying to prevent the display from looking too cluttered.

Bread

Beautiful display of your collection! Are you going to add lighting on the shelf to the right as well?

Stegotyranno420

Patrx

Quote from: Bread on January 13, 2021, 01:52:19 AM
Beautiful display of your collection! Are you going to add lighting on the shelf to the right as well?
Thanks I probably will, at some point. There are some wiring challenges to be faced there. For now, the light from the tower is sufficient on that side, when the light in the room is on.

Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 13, 2021, 03:12:43 AM
SO much like a miniature mueseum. Nice
Thank you, that's precisely the look I've been going for :D

Libraraptor

Halichoeres

That's a really nice setup. Are the special few on their own shelves on the right permanent occupants of those positions, or do they rotate in the place of honor?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: