News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

fabricious' shapeways models

Started by fabricious, June 08, 2014, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabricious

fabricious

Aaand he is now available in 1/72.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2763285/sneaking-saurophaganax-maximus-1-72.html?li=aeTabs

Made him available in quite a few materials to chose from. And I'll most likely order one myself, since I'm really fond of the model, actually. :)

pascosaur

wonderful pose!
just waiting for the 1/40 version of shapeways

Concavenator

That Saurophaganax is fantastic!It makes me want it.

fabricious

Thanks a lot, everyone. I'll try making him available in 1/40 tomorrow.

DinoLord

Will this one have other poses too?

dutchdinolover

Great model and a very cool pose! Good work ;D

fabricious

Quote from: DinoLord on October 14, 2014, 08:46:15 PM

That's the plan! One more, at least, with open jaws (maybe a territorial roar or like a wolf showing off his 'weapons' with a tilted head). Suggestions welcome!

DinoLord

Nice, I think a taller pose would make a nice addition.

With some slight modifications this could make a very nice Allosaurus for a Allosaurus vs. Barosaurus set. ;)

Also, are these currently hollow when you upload them to Shapeways? The 1/40 Pachyrhinosaurus seem to be a bit more (by $10-$20) than other similarly-sized 1/40 dinosaurs.

fabricious

The Pachy seems to be a bit larger than most ceratopsian models of the same scale. It is hollowed, but due to the size of the model + the amount of space it takes up in the 3D-printer + shapeways change of prizing made it a bit more expensive. I couldn't make the walls thinner, though, or I might have risked breaking during the printing process.

alexeratops

Quote from: fabricious on October 14, 2014, 09:14:31 PM
Quote from: DinoLord on October 14, 2014, 08:46:15 PM

That's the plan! One more, at least, with open jaws (maybe a territorial roar or like a wolf showing off his 'weapons' with a tilted head). Suggestions welcome!
Neat-o! Maybe you could make him in a sleeping pose? :D
like a bantha!

fabricious

Thanks for the suggestion, I would love to do a sleeping pose, but I'll most likely do that on another model, since the geometry of this one doesn't really allow it (without me breaking my neck). :)

fabricious

I am just uploading the Saurophaganax in 1/40 and seem to be getting a decent pricing on the WSF and BSF materials, but the FD and FUD are becoming twice to almost three times as expensive. I will try fiddling around with it, but I doubt that I'll be getting below this any time soon. If anyone is interested in the WSF or BSF materials already, please let me know and I'll send you an early access link.

EDIT: Since I could only make it more expensive rather than cheaper, I simply let it be and made it available. https://www.shapeways.com/model/2767446/sneaking-saurophaganax-maximus-1-40.html?li=aeTabs&key=387569c70cd1919ada4bfad8fe5b60a5

fabricious

A general question: How many of you would be interested in 1/20 models through shapeways? If there is enough interest, I'll try to learn how to make certain models into separate parts for ordering. (I'll most likely do a poll, then, to see which models you like the most).

Also: the first model has been successfully printed in Frosted Detail! It's the 1/72 prancing Pachyrhinosaurus! This should mean that WSF is not a problem either, since it is more durable than the FD material. I'm excited! :)

Work on the Albertosaurus should continue later today, if I find the time for it. Until then: more ideas fore poses (for both the Saurophaganax and the Pachyrhinosaurus) are still much appreciated!

And since I didn't say that clearly enough yet: Thanks, everyone, for your support and your kind words. It really motivates me, since I practically started doing these for this forum and its members (I earn next to nothing from the printing, so it really is just for creativity's sake what I'm doing). :)

tyrantqueen

I am >:D I collect only in 1/20, so it suits me pretty well.

DinoLord

fabricious

Fair enough, I'm curious how many more people would be interested! Out of curiosity: in what material would you order 1/20 models? Are you also interested in prehistoric mammals and birds in the same scale? I have an extinct rhino coming up... ;)

Patrx

I don't generally consider scale in my collection, but 1/20 seems like it'd be good for making slightly smaller animals without the models ending up extremely small, yes? I would support that :)

stargatedalek

some prehistoric birds in 1/20 scale would likely be of interest to me
I can't speak for others though

tyrantqueen

I'm interested in anything, as long as it's not mammalian. I usually buy in the detail materials (FUD or FD) but I also like the WSF polished if nothing else is available.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: