You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

microraptorgui

Like others on this thread, I've been concerned that the Battat figures at several local Targets here in the Bay Area are not being restocked. At one point they all became discounted, and I was wondering if they were just selling whatever they had left in stock and discontinuing the whole thing. But I few days ago I was pleasantly surprised to see a brand new figure at a Target I had checked repeatedly in the last few months: a Nanshiungosaurus, the very one I had been searching for. So, like Victoria B, I'm confident that they have begun restocking these, which makes me more hopeful that I'll finally get my Battat Diplodocus someday.
I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!
Check it out at www.redbubble.com/people/microraptorgui/shop!

Dinoguy2

Quote from: microraptorgui on March 09, 2017, 01:36:24 AM
Like others on this thread, I've been concerned that the Battat figures at several local Targets here in the Bay Area are not being restocked. At one point they all became discounted, and I was wondering if they were just selling whatever they had left in stock and discontinuing the whole thing. But I few days ago I was pleasantly surprised to see a brand new figure at a Target I had checked repeatedly in the last few months: a Nanshiungosaurus, the very one I had been searching for. So, like Victoria B, I'm confident that they have begun restocking these, which makes me more hopeful that I'll finally get my Battat Diplodocus someday.

Nanshiungosaurus was in the first wave though, so your concern might still be valid. They probably just had extra stock in the back and were waiting for the stuff on the shelf to clear before they put it out.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

ItsTwentyBelow

I've noticed that Targets in the south Seattle area have been well-stocked with Battat's dinosaurs lately, and I have seen the Nanshiungosaurus in at least one location. This is after not having seen the Nanshiungosaurus at a Target for a year or more by now. I doubt they are simply old stock.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on March 16, 2017, 12:01:08 AM
I've noticed that Targets in the south Seattle area have been well-stocked with Battat's dinosaurs lately, and I have seen the Nanshiungosaurus in at least one location. This is after not having seen the Nanshiungosaurus at a Target for a year or more by now. I doubt they are simply old stock.

Do the nanshiungosaurus have bilingual packaging? I trust that you're right but the packages were changed after a while so if it's only English we can say for sure that it is old stock... but hopefully it isn't.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

ItsTwentyBelow

Unfortunately I did not take note of the packaging, but I'll keep that in mind.

suspsy

What about the Cryolophosaurus? Is that one still shipping as well?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Victoria's Cantina

Agreed. It's reasonable to assume at this point that it was reissued.

microraptorgui

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on March 15, 2017, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: microraptorgui on March 09, 2017, 01:36:24 AM

Nanshiungosaurus was in the first wave though, so your concern might still be valid. They probably just had extra stock in the back and were waiting for the stuff on the shelf to clear before they put it out.

I don't know. It had been months and months since they had anything new, and at one point there were just a handful of Terra dinosaurs left. This included the pre- and post-Christmas periods.  Then, suddenly, they had the shelf filled up with models again.
I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!

microraptorgui

Quote from: Victoria B on March 16, 2017, 05:15:59 AM

Agreed. It's reasonable to assume at this point that it was reissued.

Yup. So that's three of us that have noticed apparently new Nanshiungosaurus models.

microraptorgui

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on March 16, 2017, 12:17:53 AM

Do the nanshiungosaurus have bilingual packaging? I trust that you're right but the packages were changed after a while so if it's only English we can say for sure that it is old stock... but hopefully it isn't.

Hmm. I didn't notice any other languages on the packaging. Can't recheck now, though; it's long gone.

microraptorgui

Quote from: suspsy on March 16, 2017, 01:41:14 AM
What about the Cryolophosaurus? Is that one still shipping as well?

I haven't seen that one in a while.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I've seen the Nanshiungosaurus again in the last week here in the DFW area of Texas. Wish they would start releasing the rest of the line!

Shonisaurus

Battat's cryolophosaurus and nanshiungosaurus can be found in the www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk store. They are available alongside the rest of Battat figures. I pass the link:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product-category/models-and-inflatables/battat-terra-dinosaur-models/

Pachyrhinosaurus

I was just in Target and picked up an extra nanshiungosaurus. The packaging is in English only so unfortunately that leads me to believe they were old stock in a warehouse or something and shipped in more recently.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

DakotaDinos

I have just completed a series of video reviews of 6 of the Dinosaurs in this line. These figures are great! Check them out here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCidxdMuOELdXxwQ7hZqf66g

Loon

I stopped by the Target by my university the other day, and picked a Cryolophosaurus. The Battat dinosaurs were well stocked, more so than when I had visited a week or so ago; so, maybe some shipments containing the Cryolophosaurus are still hitting stores.

Takama

I recently Contacted the Terra universe website, and asked them if we will EVER see the remaining sculpts released for the line.

They said
QuoteHello,

Thank you for your email.  We always appreciate when our customers take the time to write us and give us their feedback and use this information to help us improve our products and service.

The Terra line is an ongoing brand that we do not unfortunately have any updates on for the moment. The passing of Dan LoRusso was sad news to us all, and we hope to be able to bring his final molds to the line in the future.

Thank you.

Terrauniverse.com

So at least there is Hope?

Lanthanotus

I am in damn need of the Ouranosaurus, Maiasaurus and if all comes together, the Diplodocus,... so, yes, I vote for "Hope" :)

Daspletotyrannus

Sad it just the same email they send to everyone.  They did change it up awhile ago. I still have hope, but it is starting to go away the longer it takes.  If they did care they would have already released them.

ZoPteryx

Maybe they're just waiting for the holidays to make a move.  If memory serves, Battat has never really had a definite schedule like most other companies.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: