You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georassic

Gwangi

It's bittersweet for sure. On the one hand, I'm really happy with what I got. New models from Dan and a chance to at least get some of the older models I didn't have. I have a Battat Tyrannosaurus, something I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Certainly not for the price I paid. I still haven't lost hope that Battat will release more dinosaurs, especially with JW:Fallen Kingdom coming out. But even if they don't continue the line I'm content with what I have, and will hunt down the rest in lots or garage sales like a true collector.

Bokisaurus

One more thing I wanted to add...
With so much negative comments and ill wished towards Battat, I think it would be a good reminder for all of us to take a break from all these feelings and be thankful for a lot of things:
1. Be thankful that Battat has kept all of the original mould and don't destroy them
2. Be thankful that Battat gave Dan another opportunity to once again share his talent and expand the current list by producing some new ones, expanding his legacy further as far as prehistoric toy figure
3.Be grateful that collectors were given a second chance of owning these figures at a fraction of the cost $ of what the old versions were going for
4.Be grateful that Battat took the risk of re-launching the collection despite tough competition these days.
5. And for me, I am most grateful of having been able to watch and be a part of the process as Dan, who was very generous in letting us all in on the process, taking us all on a ride that is a rare opportunity.

So I hope that despite anger and frustration, we can find it and take some time to be thankful of what Battat/Target and Dan has given us, I don't think that is too much to ask for. After all, they all took the risk when they decided to relaunch the collection. It is unfortunate that hope gets dimmer and dimmer as years pass by.
I hope that no matter what the final outcome may be, that Battat will once again keep all of the mould, as they have done the last 20 years, and who knows, maybe in another 20 years, they will come back, re-intoduced to a whole new generation of collectors.
Cheers! :)

ceratopsian

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 31, 2018, 06:50:34 PM
With so much negative comments and ill wished towards Battat, I think it would be a good reminder for all of us to take a break from all these feelings and be thankful for a lot of things:

Sensible words and well put.

Shonisaurus

I totally agree with Bokisaurus it is necessary to thank that Battat (a line of toys from what I have seen very broad and that is not limited only to prehistoric animals) has deigned at least to market those twelve figures some new ones. We can give collectors with a stone in their teeth (metaphorically speaking of satisfaction).

The said may return to reedit with the passage of the years their figures. Sincerely conform to what they did in their day and their creations (all exceptional) regardless of whether we have them in our hands or not.  :)

Doug Watson

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but Canadian buyers can still get 8 of the repaints and two of the new sculpts (Dacentrurus & Pachyrhinosaurus) from The Hudson's Bay store online under Toys and Terra

Unfortunately they don't ship outside of Canada.

Edit: I deleted the link because the regular Hudson Bay link sends you to eBay. Just search for The Hudson's Bay store online.

Fembrogon

I was surprised today to find a row of Battat Terra animals at my local Meijer. Granted, there were no dinos, and it was only one shelf, underneath numerous others shelves of Schleich horses, dinosaurs, dragons, etc. - but they were there!
It almost gives me a glimmer of hope that we could see the Dan LoRusso Collection expand its retail territory in the future.

FlawedCoil82

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 21, 2018, 03:14:15 AM
I was surprised today to find a row of Battat Terra animals at my local Meijer. Granted, there were no dinos, and it was only one shelf, underneath numerous others shelves of Schleich horses, dinosaurs, dragons, etc. - but they were there!
It almost gives me a glimmer of hope that we could see the Dan LoRusso Collection expand its retail territory in the future.

Yea, I posted about that last year. I have not seen the dinosaurs at any Meijer stores though, so I believe they will only carry the animals. Sadly, I think that is Battat's priority anyway.

DC

Battat's main distributor in the US is ToySmith and they have shown no interest in the Terra line. If they did I bet we would see the remainder of the new sculpts. We should all email them.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: DC on February 27, 2018, 01:56:42 AM
Battat's main distributor in the US is ToySmith and they have shown no interest in the Terra line. If they did I bet we would see the remainder of the new sculpts. We should all email them.

Just sent one and included a link to this thread. I doubt it'll do much but if anything demonstrates the demand it's here.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

sauroid

have you all seen these? instead of heeding all of our requests to release the remainders of Dan's creations, they made these JW rip-offs...

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

poor Dan  :'(

What have they done to his works?

stegosauria

I hope maybe with these they can make more money and then release the rest of the figures but have some doubt. I don't see the details of the figures but the sets seem...   a little cheap. And it's serious there is red light in their mouths?

And strange that the Dilophosaurus and the Utahraptor are in their original colours while the rest in the new Terra colours. The company isn't in possession of the new figures and new variants? What was the source of the images about the re-issues and the new figures for 2015?

tyrantqueen

Shonisaurus

And they have eliminated many of Dan's creations, including the nanshiungosaurus, which was a very rare species in the toy market.  :-\

Unfortunately, many toys made by Dan have been discontinued.  :(

Patrx

The er, "new" Battat dinosaurs have their own thread now: Battat 2018

Takama

Quote from: DC on February 27, 2018, 01:56:42 AM

I knew someone with the power to release the sculpts, DOES NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i highly doupt Emails will do jack, they clearly have no faith in the dinosaurs because they are now giveing us these mangled versions of the Beloved models, instead of heading our requests, and releaseing the rest of the line we all actully care about.

I wonder if Dan LoRusso is rolling in his grave.

Edit

Im sorry for the rant.   But Im just so disapointed in where this line is heading

SidB

Quite understandable - hard to be cool and "objective" when you're passionate about something. You have plenty of company on the DTF.

Bokisaurus

Wow, so many angry fans here ;)
While I personally don't care for these new articulated figures, and disappointed that the rest are still in limbo, I can totally understand the reasoning behind the choice on Bata's part.
One thing that I always find interesting is that so many don't seems to want to acknowledge that Battat is a business, just like all the other company out there. If a line does not sell well, like I suspect the original line of Battat did, it will inevitable will face the chopping block. Why spend and invest huge amount of production money on something that is not going to make money in return?
This new articulated version is an attempt to cash in on the JP as well as the popularity of the JP style figures.
I am sure that these will do well, after all, they are action figures with additional bells and whistles. I hope that, they will still eventually release all the others from the original Battat/Terra line, but that is a huge wish.

Again, unless a line sells well, no amount of tantrums and whining will convince Battat To release the other original figures ^-^, just the reality and nature of all Business  ;)

Jose S.M.

I agree with Boki about the business aspect  but I'm not that sure that these will sell that big, they have hard competition with the JW Mattel line, even if these are made based on Dan's sculpts, the finishing looks inferior to the upcoming  JW line. Let's hope they sell well if that means there's a chance to get the unreleased sculpts out. I mostly have lost my faith on that but who knows.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: