You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2015, 07:31:10 AM

Washes really help bring out the detail but you rarely see figures that get the treatment..Papo is one..I can't really think of another.

No problem bud, Dan did all the work I assure you! lol

Oh yeah, I didn't mean I thought they should've done it to begin with. That's not the style of Battat. Plus, it would make them cost more. I'm happy to do it myself. :)

triceratops83

Thank you so much, these are beautiful! I can't wait for these to be available. A perfect set of dinosaurs!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 15, 2015, 07:35:01 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2015, 07:31:10 AM

Washes really help bring out the detail but you rarely see figures that get the treatment..Papo is one..I can't really think of another.

No problem bud, Dan did all the work I assure you! lol

Oh yeah, I didn't mean I thought they should've done it to begin with. That's not the style of Battat. Plus, it would make them cost more. I'm happy to do it myself. :)

Oh no worries. I admit it would be pretty cool to see. We all want these figures to succeed and do well for Dan and Battat so the better they look the better they will sell I would guess.  Paint is one of those things that don't turn me off of a figure as it's always fixable or changeable.  :)

Dinomike

Looks like 2015 is going to be one amazing year for dino enthusiasts! These Battats are very desirable! I will finally be able to get the diplo without having to sell my organs! :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Roselaar

Wow, fabulous new paint jobs!! I'll definitely (try to) get all of these gorgeous beauties. And I bet collectors/sellers of the old line won't complain too much, considering these paint jobs are so vastly different, the originals shouldn't go down in precie too much (too bad for me, I must add, as I still need to score 15 out of 18 figures...).

I'm gonna be broke when 2015 is over...

loru1588

That was one of the main reasons to repaint them as to NOT just re-releasing them as to not upset  the collectable sellers.

Doug Watson

Quote from: loru1588 on February 15, 2015, 01:49:34 PM
That was one of the main reasons to repaint them as to NOT just re-releasing them as to not piss off the collectable sellers.

Hey Dan, are there going to be any new stampings on the new releases to differentiate them from the originals in case someone decides to repaint them in the original colours. I am talking about new dates or something like that. I know a lot of the original colour was cast in the model but looking at a photo on eBay it would be hard to tell.

loru1588

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 15, 2015, 01:58:35 PM
Quote from: loru1588 on February 15, 2015, 01:49:34 PM
That was one of the main reasons to repaint them as to NOT just re-releasing them as to not piss off the collectable sellers.

Hey Dan, are there going to be any new stampings on the new releases to differentiate them from the originals in case someone decides to repaint them in the original colours. I am talking about new dates or something like that. I know a lot of the original colour was cast in the model but looking at a photo on eBay it would be hard to tell.

Absolutely Doug. More on line with the Terra Series stamp. Battat has been very explicit with me that they in no way want any confusion with the original series.

tyrantqueen

Mr. LoRusso, I don't mean to sound disrespectful but could you tone down the use of curse words? We have young children on here (as young as six years old)

Thank you :)

Jetoar

Wonderful news for collectors who are not americans or we were too younger to start a collection  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

loru1588

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 15, 2015, 03:07:35 PM
Mr. LoRusso, I don't mean to sound disrespectful but could you tone down the use of curse words? We have young children on here (as young as six years old)

Thank you :)

None taken. I hate to say it but that IS toned down for me!! LOL I will edit the above post for every ones sake! Not a problem!

Concavenator

darth daniel

Oh no - now I want basically all the herbivores and maybe the Carnotaurus. Beautiful stuff! :)

Daspletodave

For those of you still looking, several of the ORIGINAL Battat line are available right now on EBAY, at fairly reasonable prices, including the snowshoe T-Rex.

Sim

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 15, 2015, 02:36:59 AM
Hi Sim, I see my pictures are being of good use here, I'm happy about that. Since this is my model, I guess I can help. Looking closelly at the elbow I can see a faint knob/spike there, barely visible. I guess they forgot to paint it. I guess the moulding process made it too faint and painters didn't see it really well to paint;
Hi Ikessauro, thanks for this!  Thanks for your photos too, they're excellent!  They've been very helpful when I've needed to have a good look at some of the Battat dinosaurs.  I've never owned the Battat Euoplocephalus (or the other 5 from the 3rd Battat dinosaur series), your photos gave me a good idea of what it looks like.  Now that I know who the photos belong to, I'll credit you if I ever use them in a post in future. :)  I've seen photos of other people's Battat Euoplocephalus, and they've all had only 3 spikes painted on their left arms, what you said looks like the explanation for this.

Quote from: loru1588 on February 15, 2015, 03:03:04 AM
Sim, things like that are one of the reasons Battat is looking to do completely new master molds for the re-released series. A lot of detail was lost over the years (few that they were) of producing the toys.
Thanks for this info Dan.  That sounds good!

ItsTwentyBelow

Cool! I just want to say thank you Dan for helping make this wonderful resurgence of the Battat dinosaurs possible for a new generation (as well as for the older ones).

I can finally fill in the gaps in my Battat collection! Parasaurolophus is wonderful. That Diplodocus on my desk is now possible! And I've always loved that rex. I think it is still a better sculpt than the latest Carnegie rex, and for sure with that coloration.

Bokisaurus

nicely done, great to see them painted differently. I only wish that the Para, the best figure of it out there, was given something more, like the Ourano and Maiasaura, to make it stand out more. CAn't wait for them to be released. I really love all the duckbills and ceratopsian paint, also the Acro :D

Tyrannosauron

Just wanted to add my thanks to Mr. LoRusso for his efforts--I'm beyond excited for these rereleases! They're all great; I can't even pick a favorite. There's already a shelf in my office awaiting their arrival.

Simon

I waited a bit to weigh in...as can be expected, some of the paint jobs are improvements on the originals (Trike and Styraco for sure), some (like the TRex and the armored duo) I really have to reserve judgment on because photos have their limitations and the final factory-produced paint jobs will certainly vary in hue to some extent. 

The old TRex was a bit too gaudy however, and the new paint scheme is a definite improvement. 

The overall color schemes are more subdued and hence more realistic than the originals, although I do confess favoring the original scheme for the Ouranosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus and Carnotaurus.

I admit to disappointment in the Carnotaurus (a bit too plain for my taste) and Ceratosaurus (a bit too strong for my taste) paint schemes.

The Diplodocus got what amounts to a variation on the original paint scheme - but having said that, it is a definite improvement -I might have preferred a few more stripes but the tail pattern is nice.

The promise of sharper details due to new moulds definitely raises the anticipation factor - as do the (hopefully) pending correction of the Stegosaurus and feathering of the Utahraptor and Galimimus.

These re-issues fit in perfectly with the new Terra Battat line.  Lining them up together it won't be possible to tell that they are separated by 2 decades (!) which is, again, the highest compliment to the quality and detail of the original MOS series.

So overall I would give the new paint schemes a temporary B+ (keeping in mind that the two most anticipated critters are not finalized yet).

Great work Dan.  We are all in your debt for your wonderful work on these and the Terra series.

[On a completely unrelated note, I must say that it is a real JOY to be able to hit the 'recent posts' button and to be able to read about something OTHER than that other toy line - yes, it is just a toy line and nothing more, whose name I will not type nor discuss ever again.  It was getting to be seriously boring reading around here the past few months.]

tyrantqueen

Quote[On a completely unrelated note, I must say that it is a real JOY to be able to hit the 'recent posts' button and to be able to read about something OTHER than that other toy line - yes, it is just a toy line and nothing more, whose name I will not type nor discuss ever again.  It was getting to be seriously boring reading around here the past few months.]
Yes, seriously BORing...if you know what I mean >:D

Okay, ignore me, I'm just having fun ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: