You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on August 30, 2015, 05:45:14 AM
All we know for sure is that Gigantoraptor and Gastonia are coming out "sometime this fall".
Excellent! I'm really looking forward to buying the Gastonia.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 30, 2015, 06:51:05 AM
All we know for sure is that Gigantoraptor and Gastonia are coming out "sometime this fall".
Excellent! I'm really looking forward to buying the Gastonia.

Same here! I've had a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket waiting for that dang Gastonia since day 1 when we found out Battat was back! I'm really excited to have the chance to buy a decent nodosaur. Collecta has one or two good ones, but it's so much more convenient to buy something from Target than online... unless they delay in releasing it for over a year, that is!!!! lol

Sim

If you're referring to what Battat told me when I spoke to them on the phone, they didn't say the names of the two Terra dinosaurs they said were intended to be released in spring 2015, got delayed, and were then to be released in August/September 2015.  The two dinosaurs being Gigantoraptor and Gastonia seems like a good guess, but it wasn't confirmed by them when I spoke to them.

It could be the two dinos they were referring to were re-issues from the original 18.  It could be plans have changed now that some of the re-issues have been released.  It would be really great if the Gastonia and Gigantoraptor are released this year and I hope they will be, however if they aren't I won't be surprised.

suspsy

I'm still curious to see what the Plateosaurus and the Yutyrannus look like.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

terrorchicken

are the first 4 terra dinos gonna be retired? I still havent purchased the pachyrhino and I didnt orignally want to as its my least favorite of the first 4(I already have the safari ltd one and I hate the coloring) but the completist in me kinda feels I need it. Im waiting to see if they go on sale or clearance. I really wish it wasnt the same color as a circus peanut...

Halichoeres

Quote from: terrorchicken on September 01, 2015, 06:54:08 PM
are the first 4 terra dinos gonna be retired? I still havent purchased the pachyrhino and I didnt orignally want to as its my least favorite of the first 4(I already have the safari ltd one and I hate the coloring) but the completist in me kinda feels I need it. Im waiting to see if they go on sale or clearance. I really wish it wasnt the same color as a circus peanut...

I was wondering that myself. They don't really have the shelf space for all the upcoming Terra dinosaurs, but it also seems like a lot to invest in to only carry them for about a year before discontinuing. It might be that the stores only carry the most recent 4-10 figures, and everything else is available online only. As for clearances, I have seen a bunch of Nanshiungosaurus at my local Target for less than $3. That might have been just a temporary or location-specific cut to make room for the new releases, though, because they're still full price online.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on September 01, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
I'm still curious to see what the Plateosaurus and the Yutyrannus look like.

Dan is still working on them

terrorchicken

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 01, 2015, 07:28:13 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on September 01, 2015, 06:54:08 PM

I was wondering that myself. They don't really have the shelf space for all the upcoming Terra dinosaurs, but it also seems like a lot to invest in to only carry them for about a year before discontinuing. It might be that the stores only carry the most recent 4-10 figures, and everything else is available online only. As for clearances, I have seen a bunch of Nanshiungosaurus at my local Target for less than $3. That might have been just a temporary or location-specific cut to make room for the new releases, though, because they're still full price online.

they have a bunch of pachyrhinos left at my local Target and its the only one of the original 4 left.  Im surprised they havent put them on clearance yet. Its true the end caps are pretty small, maybe they are planning on moving the Terra stuff over to the regular aisles once they start bringing in their newer products?

Parasaurolophus

I finally grabbed Amargosaurus, Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus. The local target I found them at had none left of either. I hope these aren't a flash in the pan kind of release. I was kind of hoping to get another set to keep packaged. Oh well. Hopefully the two new releases will pop up soon.

Shuvuuia

Finally got my Amargasaurus today after finding one in Target with a less botched paint job. It's still really heavy-handed, especially on the back and neural spines. But I am glad to finally have him in my collection. It's nice to have a sauropod, even if it is a tiny one!

Simon

I finally hit the jackpot with a Target a little out of my area where I was on business.  Found the Amaraga., Cerato. and Carnot.  One left of each.  Excellent paint jobs.  Much better than the original Battat paint ups which scuffed if you so much as looked at them cross-eyed.

OK.  I'm ready for the next wave of figures.  Mr. Battat, please?

tyrantqueen

I would really like to see a Giganotosaurus from Mr. LoRusso. He's good at creating big theropods.

Daspletodave

Quote from: Simon on September 04, 2015, 02:42:38 AM
I finally hit the jackpot with a Target a little out of my area where I was on business.  Found the Amaraga., Cerato. and Carnot.  One left of each.  Excellent paint jobs.  Much better than the original Battat paint ups which scuffed if you so much as looked at them cross-eyed.

I got the five MOS repaints from Dejankins, and the paint jobs are superior to the originals. Case in point - the teeth on Ceratosaurus. On the originals, seemingly random white stripes were painted down the lower jaw to indicate teeth. Yet the finely sculpted teeth got none of that white paint! They remained in the overall body green paint.
On the Terra Ceratosaurus, the teeth are nicely painted in a yellow/beige color. Overall the Terra repaints exhibit a much better applied paint job, than the often sloppy rush job done on the originals.
I would urge everyone to get these figures for themselves!

pylraster

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 04, 2015, 04:23:24 PM
I would really like to see a Giganotosaurus from Mr. LoRusso. He's good at creating big theropods.

This. And I think it will be the definitive Giganotosaurus toy, if ever.

joossa

My target finally had the rest of the repaints out. Picked up the Carnotaurus today, but passed on the Amargasaurus and the Ceratosaurus. Looks good on the shelf next to some Carnegies:

Wish they didn't tie the twist-ties so tightly around the tails.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Simon

Quote from: Daspletodave on September 04, 2015, 10:01:01 PM

I got the five MOS repaints from Dejankins, and the paint jobs are superior to the originals. Case in point - the teeth on Ceratosaurus. On the originals, seemingly random white stripes were painted down the lower jaw to indicate teeth. Yet the finely sculpted teeth got none of that white paint! They remained in the overall body green paint.
On the Terra Ceratosaurus, the teeth are nicely painted in a yellow/beige color. Overall the Terra repaints exhibit a much better applied paint job, than the often sloppy rush job done on the originals.

Yes, I made that observation about the Ceratosaurus myself.  I used to think that it was just a poorly sculpted head, but with a good paintjob it turns out that its a usual A+ Battat sculpt...

KeU

Quote from: Daspletodave on September 04, 2015, 10:01:01 PM

Photos! We need to see them!

loru1588

Battat is vying for more shelf space. Target is in the process of redoing the toy dept to make is less gender specific, so that may be why some of the toys are being discounted.

amargasaurus cazaui

Scored something like six of the Battats this past week..two Acros, two Ceratos, a Carno, and a T-rex as well. My collection just got much more theropod intensive...yay
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: loru1588 on September 05, 2015, 04:07:59 AM
Battat is vying for more shelf space. Target is in the process of redoing the toy dept to make is less gender specific, so that may be why some of the toys are being discounted.

Good to hear; hopefully something comes from Battat's lobbying. Your models deserve much more shelf spaces than they're getting at the moment! Especially since I'm getting worried we'll lose access to older models whenever new ones are released!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: