News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Unofficial Poll question for additional dinosaurs for the former MOS series

Started by loru1588, August 26, 2014, 09:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loru1588

Okay everyone. This is another strictly an unofficial polling question for me. Going to use it to try and guide me to narrow down the next batch of dinosaurs for the re-release of the Former MOS, Boston Series. For now, bear with me, NO non dinosaurs ( ie: pelycosaurs, therapsids, pterosaurs, marine reptiles and such ) Please list 12 of your most wanted dinosaurs and please list their maximum size in real life, minumum size 5 meters in real life, no bases, and NO total re-sculpts of dinosaurs already in the series. These are pretty much the only guidelines you have to follow. This is totally separate from the Terra Series poll I just put up. So this in mind..... let the games begin!!

Simon

Dan - I don't care which series this one comes out in, a figure of the 30-foot long Tyrannosaurid "Qianzhousaurus sinensis" is a MUST:

Simon

Next, the "Sauropod tank", "Diamantinasaurus matildae" from Australia:

50 feet long, 8 feet tall at the hips, weight - 20 tons.  A veritable Ankylosaur masquerading as a sauropod!!!!

stargatedalek

I'll assume just like with the other topic you would prefer species with well documented remains, rather than fragmentary

well just like the Terra series a pack featuring several different poses of a small dinosaur would be neat, like a pack with some posed to balance on the larger herbivores (like the utahraptor), some walking/running, maybe one sitting

-yutyrannus
-beipiaosaurus
-suchomimus or baryonyx
-a dromaeosaur pack, something like deinonychus size with several individuals in it
-a pack of small(-ish) animals coming from the same region, IE a Gobi pack with an oviraptor, velociraptor, protoceratops, and shuvuuia
-some smaller animals coming with larger ones, IE several anurognathus (I know they are not dinosaurs, but just so you get a picture of what I mean) coming with diplodocus, being posed to balance on its back
-assuming theres something more concrete to go on by that point, perhaps a spinosaurus based on the recent radical update of its look

Takama

now were talking

Shantungosaurus giganteus    

15 meters

Giraffatitan Brancai

26 meters

Allosaurus Fragilis (no line is complete without one)

12 meters

Cetiosaurus 16 meters

Edmotosaurus (with Cocks Comb)

13 meters

Spinosaurus ‬aegyptiacus (Based on the most recent discovery's)

Shunosaurus lii

Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum

35 meters

Torvosaurus tanneri

10 meters

Olorotatian arharensi

12 meters

Tsintaosaurus spinorhinus

10 meters

Tyranotitain chubutensis

12.2 meters

Simon

"Tarchia gigantea" - The King of Ankylosaurs, with a gigantic head, 30 feet long, 5 tons in weight, a monster in anyone's definition:

Simon

And now for the "we can only wish" list of the true giants:

Argentinosaurus huinculensis

Sauroposeidon Proteles

Paralititan stromeri

darth daniel

I´d love to see one REALLY large sauropod, especially Titanosaurs have really been ignored so far. I´d buy any of the following in a heartbeat (I do know not all of these are titanosaurs...).

Mamenchisaurus - 13 - 26 metres depending on species
Shunosaurus - below 10 m
Apatosaurus - 23 m
Argentinosaurus - 30 - 35 m
Supersaurus - 33 m
Futalognkosaurus - 26 m
Paralititan - 26 m

John

Okay here goes:
Torosaurus latus (I don't agree with Scannella and Horner on this just being a fully mature Triceratops),25 to 30 feet long
Shunosaurus lii about 30 feet long
Apatosaurus louisae,75 feet long I think
Nigersaurus taqueti,30 feet long
Spinophorosaurus nigerensis,a little over 40 feet long
Iguanodon bernissartensis,a little over 30 feet long I think
Brachylophosaurus canadensis,30 feet long
Lambeosaurus lambei,30 feet long
Saurolophus angustirostris,40 feet long
Giganotosaurus carolinii,a little over 40 feet long
Yangchuanosaurus shangyouensis,35 feet long
Allosaurus fragilis,average length 28 feet or so with the largest being close to 35 feet long.(If Epanterias is actually a older and larger specimen of A. fragilis,then it may be closer to 40 feet)
;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Simon

loru1588

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 26, 2014, 09:43:40 PM
I'll assume just like with the other topic you would prefer species with well documented remains, rather than fragmentary

well just like the Terra series a pack featuring several different poses of a small dinosaur would be neat, like a pack with some posed to balance on the larger herbivores (like the utahraptor), some walking/running, maybe one sitting

-yutyrannus
-beipiaosaurus
-suchomimus or baryonyx
-a dromaeosaur pack, something like deinonychus size with several individuals in it
-a pack of small(-ish) animals coming from the same region, IE a Gobi pack with an oviraptor, velociraptor, protoceratops, and shuvuuia
-some smaller animals coming with larger ones, IE several anurognathus (I know they are not dinosaurs, but just so you get a picture of what I mean) coming with diplodocus, being posed to balance on its back
-assuming theres something more concrete to go on by that point, perhaps a spinosaurus based on the recent radical update of its look

I hate to disappoint, but I am yet able to sculpt extremely small pieces due to neuropathy in my fingers from chemo, so, that said dinosaurs in the 5m size on up and no bases. Sorry! The other examples I will take into account, thanks!

stargatedalek

DinoLord

Quote from: Takama on August 26, 2014, 09:49:43 PM

Shantungosaurus giganteus 15 meters

Giraffatitan Brancai 26 meters

Allosaurus Fragilis (no line is complete without one) 12 meters

Spinosaurus ‬aegyptiacus (Based on the most recent discovery's)

Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum 35 meters

Torvosaurus tanneri 10 meters

I agree with all of the above, and also with the Sauroposeidon, Shunosaurus, and large Lambeosaurus mentioned. I'm especially hoping for a Giraffatitan; none of the models on the market satisfy me and I really feel you could do this species justice Dan like you did with the Diplodocus.

Also, if there is any possibility for you to do a rearing Barosaurus along with an attacking Allosaurus like the AMNH mount, that would be epic. 

Concavenator

Okay,I'm going to say it-My absolute dream for a brand to do,the dinosaur of my dreams to see in form of a figure-a glorious figure-is Saurophaganax maximus.Although I doubt you'll do it (its rests are fragmentary) That being said,I'm sure you can do a n incredible Allosaurus fragilis.I'd be super happy with one really.

Megalosaurus

These are my suggestions:

Baryonix 9.5m

Giganotosaurus 12.5m

Ampelosaurus 15m

Spinophorosaurus 13m

Wuerhosaurus 7m

Majungasaurus 7m

Coahuilaceratops 7m

Corythosaurus 10m

Diabloceratops 5.5m

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'd personally like newly discovered/described species to be done, so my list:
Spinops-                 (No measurement given, probably similar to styracosaurus so) 5.5m
Nasutoceratops        1.5m (Skull)
Concavenator            6m
Lythronax                  8m

I also think a Ceratops montanus ( would be totally unique, or whatever 'Judith' the dinosaur is, as well as great big giraffatitan to complement the diplodocus, especially since there are so few that I know of which have a well-muscled neck as they are now thought to have.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Quen

I second Simon and darth daniel's sauropod requests! Especially:

Sauroposeidon or Argentinosaurus- even though their sizes make them unlikely choices
Mamenchisaurus
Diamantinasaurus
Paralititan

I also suggest:

Isisaurus-18m- has a more complete skeleton than most titanosaurs
Camarasaurus-18m- lots of skeletal material
Giganotosaurus-12.5m

amargasaurus cazaui

What the market is already saturated with
Derived ceratopsians
Derived Duckbills
Spinosaurids
Derived theropods

Interesting possibilities

probactrosaurus    18 feet
Bactrosaurus 20 feet

Both of these dinosaurs stand at the very basics of duckbills

Herrerasaurus       10-20 feet
One of the most basal dinosaurs known

Plateosaurus - Another primitive dinosaur, known from much fossil material and I have always felt this dinosaur would look gorgeous in Mr. Larosso's hands.

If there were no size constraints I would gladly have chosen Pegomastax, Protoceratops, and psittacosaurus as my three leading choices, three more quite basal dinosaurs.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoLord

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 27, 2014, 03:26:33 AM
Derived ceratopsians
Derived Duckbills
Spinosaurids
Derived theropods

Bactrosaurus 20 feet

Plateosaurus - Another primitive dinosaur, known from much fossil material and I have always felt this dinosaur would look gorgeous in Mr. Larosso's hands.

Excellent suggestions - I had forgotten about Herrerasaurus (I loved Luis Rey's depiction of this species in that illustrated dino field guide book as a kid). These might be better for the Terra line though given that they're all within the size limit for that line.

Dan, out of curiosity - is there any other criteria besides size that influences your choices of what species goes with which line?

loru1588

Quote from: DinoLord on August 27, 2014, 03:32:44 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 27, 2014, 03:26:33 AM
Derived ceratopsians
Derived Duckbills
Spinosaurids
Derived theropods

Bactrosaurus 20 feet

Excellent suggestions - I had forgotten about Herrerasaurus (I loved Luis Rey's depiction of this species in that illustrated dino field guide book as a kid). These might be better for the Terra line though given that they're all within the size limit for that line.

Dan, out of curiosity - is there any other criteria besides size that influences your choices of what species goes with which line?

Nothing too small ( under 5 meters ). I still have neuropathy in my fingers from the chemo I take, so doing tiny figures and trying to keep the detail sharp & realistic is just not practical or possible for me at this time. I will also stay away from fragmented/speculative dinosaurs. A claw, hip bone and part of a humerus does not a dinosaur make! Nothing that a formal paper hasn't been published on.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: