You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Entering the field, we are REBOR! 1:35 scale Yutyrannus Huali museum class model

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, August 28, 2014, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalosaurus

Back to desing stage?  :o
Then I'll put my money back on my wallet.  :-[

REBOR did an awesome sculpt here and we spit in their faces.
What bugs off many members is the "museum quality", just change that for "Highly detailed" and we are set.

What I like about Y-Rex:
Detailed sculpt
Dettachable base
Not a fluffy chiken

What I don't like:
Pose and musculature too similar to Papo Allosaurus.

Edit:
Quote from: Patrx on August 29, 2014, 04:30:02 PM
Agreed completely! Perhaps that was an intentional reference to John Conway's blog post on the subject? In any case, it's quite relevant and worth a read.
I've just readed about the AWESOMEBRO culture. All I have to say is
"BRO: prehistoric creatures are AWESOME without adding nor substracting any features of them."

Quote from: Chad on August 29, 2014, 04:45:55 PM
I really like the Collecta daspletosaurus just because it shows a theropod not doing the standard theropod things. Thanks again for that , Collecta!
AWESOMEBRO!!!
I'd love to see more peaceful carnivores and fierce herbivores.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

QuoteMan, some of you guys are brutal! New comer to the site and some of you are already dragging him through the coals!
A baptism of fire all right. I hope this hasn't put REBOR off from visiting the forum in future.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Takama on August 29, 2014, 09:14:49 AM
I just been informed that this Is going back to the Design stage, thanks to our comments

We are afraid this statement is incorrect, our team have gone through the arguments of feather or not way back to our designing stage, in the end we have decided to only keep the feather on its back. We are trying to relate Yutyrannus to the Tyrannosauridae family and we have considered that our concept dinosaur shows the gap period of evolution between Yutyrannus and Tyrannosaurus, therefore we will not change. The good news is our Yutyrannus models are already finished, packed and on their way to our retailers.

We appreciate the all the compliments and criticisms from the members of this forum, thank you!   

stargatedalek

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on August 29, 2014, 06:11:55 PM
I just been informed that this Is going back to the Design stage, thanks to our comments

We are afraid this statement is incorrect, our team have gone through the arguments of feather or not way back to our designing stage, in the end we have decided to only keep the feather on its back. We are trying to relate Yutyrannus to the Tyrannosauridae family and we have considered that our concept dinosaur shows the gap period of evolution between Yutyrannus and Tyrannosaurus, therefore we will not change. The good news is our Yutyrannus models are already finished, packed and on their way to our retailers.

We appreciate the all the compliments and criticisms from the members of this forum, thank you!
no offense but that idea made me giggle more than I should have
yutyrannus was not a direct ancestor of tyrannosaurus, nor is there any reason to think tyrannosaurus lacked feathers

could you possibly give us some ideas of price range and distribution?
(or is that a secret ;) )

Gwangi

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on August 29, 2014, 06:11:55 PM

At the risk of sounding harsh, that statement does not make much sense. If your concept dinosaur is Yutyrannus and we know Yutyrannus was fully feathered than why are you trying to show a transition between Yutyrannus and Tyrannosaurus? Nevermind that Yutyrannus is not a direct ancestor to T. rex anyway. My point is, we have the fossils showing where feathers were located on the body of this dinosaur. Well whatever, your reasons are your own. Thanks for posting your work here and good luck to you.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not to be argumentative, but then , by your own statements, this isn't a Yutyrannus replica then ? If it's not that makes much more sense in regard to the appearance.

Your pieces do look very detailed regardless, feel free to post here when your designing your next piece. Our members can be a great resource of information.

Nobs

PROS

The detailing is top notch!  The figure is definately visually appealing.
I like all of the "extras" detachable base, card, and box. 
The branding.
Very solid first swing at the market.
the Ambitious plans for the line.

CONS

Accuracy.  I bet the average person is not going to know about the feathers (I didnt and I come here everyday!)
The sculpt is very close to PAPO allosaurus.  My initial thought is, "Is this another Salvat type knockoff?"

All-n-all I would like to get it.
I will wait to see if I can support this brand after we learn more about the pricing, and see some of the other items they have in the works.

Gwangi

Very curious about the pricing. My instincts tell me this is going to be an expensive model and not priced like a toy.

Takama

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on August 29, 2014, 08:58:45 PM
39 dollars to 59 dollars is what they told me

So a little bit in-between it looks like. Unfortunately not in my price range for this particular model. Maybe their future releases will pique my interest more.

Seijun

Here is something that I don't think was mentioned yet.. The hands are correctly positioned! How often can we say that about a company's first dinosaur model? (Papo still hasn't figured it out)

I am sad that this model won't have more feathers (like others have mentioned, when I first saw the pictures I thought it was completely featherless) but it is an excellent theropod model and I look forward to seeing more from this company.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

brandem

I like it, and I also get what they are going for, despite the title this does not represent the yutyrannus huali we know rather a creature somewhat removed, perhaps one adjusting to far warmer climates.

I like the work done and honestly wouldn't mind it joining others in my papo drawer(yes I keep papo in a drawer, not because it don't like them it's not meant to be a slam)

And if I show him off I'd probably just introduce him as yutyrannus huali, just one going through a molt.

Yutyrannus

Rebor_Studio: What? That doesn't make any sense. It is known fact, not theory, that Yutyrannus had more feathers than this. If this is how many feathers it has, than you can't call it Yutyrannus. Honestly, if you choose to ignore fossil evidence for the species you depict, then you cannot call them "museum class" models.

Also, you really should make the following edits to your first post. You shouldn't be claiming things that aren't true. The most important edits I put in red.
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on August 28, 2014, 11:09:47 PM
To all the forum members, collectors and dinosaur fans, hereby we are introducing ourselves to the public: We are REBOR, a UK company who designs and manufactures museum class dinosaur replicas, the name of our company "REBOR" came from the word "reborn", which shows our ambition of making world leading class dinosaurs models that make you believe they will actually come back to lives!

Here we present you our very first product, REBOR 1:35 scale Yutyrannus Huali museum class model.

Yutyrannus Huali(meaning "beautiful feathered tyrant"), also known as YREX, is a genus of tyrannosauroid dinosaurs which contains a single species, Yutyrannus huali. This species lived during the early Cretaceous period in what is now northeastern China. YREX Yutyrannus were gigantic bipedal predators, the holotype and oldest-known specimen, which was found in the rock beds of Liaoning Province, China, has a length of 9 metres and an estimated weight of about 1,414 kg, they are currently the largest known Carnivorous dinosaur specimens that preserve direct evidence of feathers. The feathers of YREX Yutyrannus were used to prevent body temperature losing in the Subarctic area rather than flying.

The model were sculpted by our brilliant professional sculptors and painted with realistic colour scheme by our artists, the outstanding details truly make it a museum class dinosaur model which suitable for both Children and adult collectors. The lower jaw is movable so the mouth can be opened and closed.

A diorama base came along with the model, you can mount the model on the base so that it becomes a statue and a wonderful display piece. A collectible card of YREX Yutyrannus's information is also included.

The dinosaur with the case is weighted as 750g, the case is made of A-A quality cardboard with sponge inside to protect the model.

The model is a 1:35 scale replica of Yutyrannus based on the result of the latest research, the model is made of CE standard top quality PVC, the base is made of polystone, solid and heavy. The straight line length of the dinosaur measured as 26.7cm and the height is measured as 8.6cm, the height of the base is 3cm. the latest industrial technique was applied to build the dinosaur into one piece, hence no seam to ruin the details of the model. with world leading sculpting, latest manufacturing technique and realistic painting, we considered our products are one of the best dinosaur models in the world.

A 360 degree viewing of the model.

Our product line will expand with more than 5 new museum class dinosaur models to be released each year, but that's not our limited, we will also release our lines of prehistoric and extinct animal model in the future. Since our company has just entered the field, we are looking for retailers who are interested in our products, so if you would like to join us or want to know more about us and our products, please contact us via email [email protected] or send us an private message.

We also have an instagram page, the user name is REBOR_STUDIO, please follow us if you want to know more :))

Thanks for watching and wish you all have a very lovey day!
If for any reason Rebor_Studio is unable to do so, would an Admin please make the edits?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

DinoToyForum

Yutyrannus: 30 day ban for rudeness. I'm serious about stamping out such uncalled for posts. C:-)

brandem

Yutyrannus, you sound a little accusatory and come off kinda mean, I don't you can blame them for wanting to describe the product in such a way, they have a product they want to sell and they while they are very excited about what they have created I think you should expect anyone to be.

stargatedalek

I still don't condone the bold claims of "museum class" and "latest research", but I get yutyrannus may not have worded that very well

I recommend it would be in the best interests of REBOR for their credibility that they be more careful with self endorsement in the future, or they may find people not taking their claims of accuracy in the future seriously

DinoToyForum

I like the model too. I see the Papo influence, whether that was intentional or not, but since the
Papo Allosaurus is up there for me as one of the best figures of all time, I don't see it as a problem!

John

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 29, 2014, 01:35:24 PM
Quote from: John on August 29, 2014, 10:41:41 AM
Here's an idea for a potential release somewhere down the line for you REBOR Studio,how about something like a 1/10 scale Struthiomimus altus or something similar. :)
Or for something even more unusual,I would imagine lots of members here would like to see the odd bristly Tianyulong confuciusi. :)

Oh yes, way to go John, solid idea !!!! Great suggestion.
Thank you!

The more new lines that turn up the merrier. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Megalosaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 29, 2014, 10:28:17 PM
I'm serious about stamping out such uncalled for posts. C:-)

2 banned people in a single thread!!!

This comes to my mind:

Just joking.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

We all should be kind with everyother.

We all should be SO HAPPY because another dinosaur toy company is getting in the scene. And they look better than CollectA. It is a VERY GOOD start.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

I hope it's okay for me to share my thoughts on this matter: while it's a good idea to offer con crit, there are times when the artist does not want to or can't take it on board. Then I just shrug my shoulders and move on. My main point is that not every model is made to please me, nor should try to. Just because I don't like something, doesn't mean someone else won't.

I am pretty opinionated about what I like and I don't like, but focusing on the bad all the time just gets depressing and leads to arguments. That's why I'm trying to change my behaviour and be less critical. There are lots of other models out there that I do like, so I focus on those instead.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: