News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on July 30, 2015, 02:12:44 PM
I'm sad to report that my sweet little Juvenile T. rex is beginning to droop forwards just like so many other people have described. Fortunately, his daddy is happy to help straighten his son out:

I also have problems with breeding tyrannosaurus rex and that they have a glass shelf suspsy must be in the summer heat, in my humble opinion softens the figure and makes it himself.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur has just received stock of the majority of the remaining new for 2015 CollectA replicas including the Temnodontosaurus platyodon (birthing, the 1:40 scale Acrocanthosaurus, the Deluxe Daeodon model, 1:20 scale Moropus, the new Smilodon figure, the 1:4 scale Guidraco Pterosaur replica and the new Collecta Baobab tree.

You can find these models on our website in these sections:

Collecta Prehistoric Life:Collecta Prehistoric Life

Collecta Scale models: Collecta Scale Models

ChubbyTaco

Good.But the smilodon's teeth was not good.

Dilopho

This is slightly off-topic, but can someone post a photo of the collecta feathered rex and new spinosaurs next to some papo figures? I'd like to know the scale, and paposaurs are the majority of my collection.

suspsy

Quote from: Dilopho on August 20, 2015, 01:29:51 PM
This is slightly off-topic, but can someone post a photo of the collecta feathered rex and new spinosaurs next to some papo figures? I'd like to know the scale, and paposaurs are the majority of my collection.

I did a comparison shot with the Papo Running T. rex in my review:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/07/13/tyrannosaurus-rex-feathered-deluxe-by-collecta/
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dilopho

Quote from: suspsy on August 20, 2015, 01:34:39 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on August 20, 2015, 01:29:51 PM

I did a comparison shot with the Papo Running T. rex in my review:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/07/13/tyrannosaurus-rex-feathered-deluxe-by-collecta/
Thank you! Is there anyway you can measure the spinosaurs and tell me how tall they are? As in, how high the head is? Obviously, just the two standing ones, because the swimming one is lying down.

suspsy

suspsy

And here are a few more comparison shots.

The four sovereigns of Battat, Papo, CollectA, and Carnegie.

Firestreak, Paddles, and Waddles.

And together with Skyshadow.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Heard a few more of the newest CollectA's finally made it to the States.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 20, 2015, 05:00:25 PM
Heard a few more of the newest CollectA's finally made it to the States.

Just got my Acrocanthosaurus today! Pictures soon!

Dilopho

Quote from: suspsy on August 20, 2015, 04:20:05 PM

Firestreak, Paddles, and Waddles.

And together with Skyshadow.

Thank you! These are super helpful! And great names there, too!

Simon

Ummm ... Three Sovereigns and one 'Poser' might be more accurate ....   ;) ;) ;)

Nice photography, I like all of your photos!!

pylraster

Surprised that nobody's reviewed the Acrocanthosaurus yet. It's been out for about a month now.

Gwangi

Quote from: pylraster on August 20, 2015, 07:58:50 PM
Surprised that nobody's reviewed the Acrocanthosaurus yet. It's been out for about a month now.

Not in the United States it hasn't, I ordered mine the day it came in at Dejankins. Rest assured a review is in the works. It won't be for awhile yet because I'm still waiting for my model that I'm doing my 50th review on but the Acro. will no doubt be my 51st review.

Concavenator

Amazing photos,Suspsy.Thank you!  :)
I've realised it's the 20th August,and yet the Tyrannosaurus hasn't  been released
I think it was scheduled for a May release,wasn't it?.The Spinos are a different story,though.If
it had been another company we would have probably waited two or three years.People should appreciate
that these models were going to be released in 2016,but they went ahead and released them this year.Even if
the wait lasts longer,I don't really bother,CollectA told me they'd send me these anyways!  :))

Gwangi

Alright, some glamour shots of the Acrocanthosaurus. First off a few things of note. In overall proportions and build it is very similar to the Carcharodontosaurus. Personally this does not bother me, they are related genera after all and display quite nice together.
The material used is a much softer plastic than what they used in the Carcharo. Like that used by Bullyland and even the new Battat models. In my model the leg is warped which prevents it from standing. For those that complain about a 20 year old Battat model that costs $9.99 that has standing issues I can tell you this, this $21 CollectA model from 2015 has it worse. Overall it's still a lovely model and I'll be reviewing it for the blog soon where I'll get into more detail on the specifics.

Patrx

Holy fenestrae, Batman o.O
Other than that, it looks pretty nice!

Gwangi

Quote from: Patrx on August 20, 2015, 10:15:08 PM
Holy fenestrae, Batman o.O
Other than that, it looks pretty nice!

Yup, it suffers from many of the mistakes that plague its bigger brother. The wide tips, giant toe nails and yes...shrink wrapping in places. Reviewing it should be easy then right? Overall I quite like it though, and figured I would since I'm a fan of last year's model. The warped leg really bugs me though. Wonder why they changed materials? Maybe for the jaw articulation?

suspsy

Quote from: Simon on August 20, 2015, 07:52:15 PM

Ummm ... Three Sovereigns and one 'Poser' might be more accurate ....   ;) ;) ;)

Nice photography, I like all of your photos!!

Ouch. The Carnegie model does look a little out of place there, doesn't it? I'm guessing you prefer the previous version?

And thanks! :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on August 20, 2015, 11:59:55 PM

Ouch. The Carnegie model does look a little out of place there, doesn't it? I'm guessing you prefer the previous version?

And thanks! :)

I construed that as excluding the Papo! Either way, I think the Battat and CollectA go well together.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: